Art: New work from yet another CA nooblet ( UPDATE 6/24/10 website work edits page 5) - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New work from yet another CA nooblet ( UPDATE 6/24/10 website work edits page 5)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful painting man! i hope you continue to keep posting here... so I can collect a healthy catalogue of your works : )

NYSA grand national champion yogurt slinger - 1874-2061

---------------
    My Sketch Book

Portfolio

Fundamentals of Form - Educational Download
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to InvertedChalupa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    Flawless, just as everything else you do.
    Ha, If only!
    Thanks chupa, when talented souls like you compliment me like that it goes a long way!

Quote Originally Posted by spookybabydoll View Post
    Amen brothers.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence spooky!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGnoll View Post
    again, amazing...

do damn good, the rendering is really incredible, can't wait to see more from you, thanks for sharing!

ciao
    The pleasure is mine, and thanks so very much for such kind words my man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Guimaraes View Post
    Hi Crypt!!! What can I say! PERFECT!!!!
    I wish it were!
    Your enthusiastic approval really means a lot to me man, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumfield View Post
    Holy shit, this is awesome! When I first saw it I was certain it had some 3D elements, then I read your post. Very impressive rendering and I love the subject matter. Great work.
    Brumfield, thanks very much!
    I love cyberpunk, im a huge Shadowrun table top RPG nerd, so more futuristic material is definately on the menu for releases down the road.
    Thanks again for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredGorilla View Post
    Wow, very impressive as always !

I know you have a tutorial coming out soon, and I'll be very interested to learn
    more about your process.

But what I'd be really curious about is how you taught yourself. You said you
    worked very hard, but could describe exactly what kind of studies you did?
    particularly, what did you do to help you understand light, forms, rendering, etc?
    Thank you!
    I studied anatomy and enviornments through observation mostly, photos are ideal for this.
    Particularily movie stills that you can find online.

I wish I had something deeper to offer than that.

I watched how light interracts with something it comes into contact with. What I discovered was a very rich world that was far more complex than I originally thought it would be.

When I say I worked hard thats just what I did.
    I practiced for hours and hours.
    When everyone else was out partying, I was drawing.
    When others were dating, I was drawing.
    When everyone else was hanging out playing video games, I was drawing.
    I wasnt a total hermit, I took a break here and there, but not many.

I dont do anything unique or special, its 5% talent, 95% ballbusting.

One day I hope to be able to afford to go to a real art college for a few classes in sculpture and life drawing if theyll have me, im hungry to learn more.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cryptcrawler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuidf^! View Post
    CA nooblet ... No Way ! more like CA Pro good job keep it up
    Im glad you think so!
    I never feel like Ill learn enough though!

Quote Originally Posted by walnut View Post
    Pretty great stuff man, those toad guys look so damn cool. There's just one small thing bugging me, and that's the fact that that one guy seems to be talking to the biker chick but they don't actually appear to be looking at each other somehow. Or maybe i'm just seeing things.
    Thanks walnut!
    Im glad you dig the toad-guys, they were fun.
    Maybe theyre not looking at eachother? I know that when ive given directions I dont look at the person the whole time, im trying to recall information and typically people look up and over to the right or left when recalling.
    But your probably right and I could have provided more clarity there.

All the best, thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
    i really love the attention to detail and the story telling aspect of the piece.
    really nice work!
    Thanks!
    Its hard for me to not tell a story, I think.
    Its a challenge for me to just do a static body shot or portrait.
    Im glad you like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osirus View Post
    Awesome expressions on the two dudes.
    Thanks, man! Im really pleased that translated!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    O__O Damm Man! Your have a lot of info in your head!

Totally love it!!!! Awesome work

Thanks.
    Unfortunately I do have a lot of information in my noggin.
    Much of it is useless trivia from the 80's.
    Thanks for your kind compliments, im glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaya View Post
    I can only repeat what the others already said. Most awesome rendering!!!

Love the cleavage!
    It would be a sad world without cleavage.
    Im so glad you liked this Xaya, thank you for taking the time to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by DeKal View Post
    no references for that? REALLY?? i cant fathom how thats possible but i guess ill take your word for it. any incite as to how you can paint everything so damn perfect without a single reference huh? oh and a perfect representation of how rain would condensate and then drip off a glass windshield with multiple light sources affecting it. i bow my head.
    Thanks Dekal.
    Nope, no references, not for this work.
    I draw everything out first in a loose sketch and then start adding in light sources. So if and when I do need to look at something for accuracy's sake, theres rarely something exactly as ive angled it, with exactly the same lighting. I usually have to look around, find something similiar and then imagine it in 3 dimensions and then go from there.
    I feel as though ive learned a lot that way.

Some people believe it, others dont.
    Honestly im not too concerned with those who disbelieve it.

All the very best to you and thanks for the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    this piece has such an amazing story behind it. i wonder what they are talking about. the possibilities make my mind tingle.

I have a question though.... you've been defending your work as "without the help of 3d apps" and little to no ref. With as much time and diligence as you put into your work, I'm sure you have many layers and iterative saves....why not post some steps from start to finish?

personally, I can't even begin to wrap my mind around how you achieve such lighting and any hints that you could shed on your process and thinking behind it would really be a blessing to us all. I am anxiously awaiting a tutorial.

anyway, thanks bro! great stuff.

Thanks octavian!

I dont really look at it as "defending" it.
    People are either going to take my word for it or not, thats just human nature and I dont really take it personally.
    If someone *really* has a problem with it then thats more of a reflection of thier problem, not mine.

I dont save WIP's becasue I work over them.
    I run about 3 layers maximum one of them being a safety layer so I dont lose work if something assy happens.

A "tutorial" of sorts is going to be published in "Digital Art Masters Vol 4" that I was fortunate enough to be apart of. It will be published this year so you can check it out there.

Im a little worried people are going to be disappointed with it though.
    I dont do anything special.
    It's 5% talent and 95% ballbusting.
    I spend a lot of time on these, a LOT, usually hundreds of hours.
    There are guys who can do far superior work than me in far less time, so I personally dont think what I do is at all remarkable, in fact I see nothing but room for improvement a lot of the time.

I study light and how it interacts with our world. I look at a lot of movie stills since movie lighting is a big inspiration to me. I practice trying to duplicate it every chance I get and I retain that information, so when I sit down to draw, the information is fresh.

I hope I had something useful for you in all that, I very much appreciate your interest and kind words!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptcrawler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But you have! Everything you do is interesting man. You have such an attention to lighting and staging your illustration that they really seem movie stills (in the good sense). I wonder how long it`ll take to the movie industry to discover your amazing art. If you do it without the use of references, all is left to us is to open our mouths and hope to be able to it someday half as good as you. As for the time you spend on each illo, well, it takes what it takes. The most important thing is that they become AMAZING and if the industry is willing to assign you jobs and wait, so will we!! Besides, I know of no other guy that`s so polite and friendly answering with extreme attention to all the (tons of) posts on your work, whether they are good criticism or not. Keep posting and we keep waiting for more.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RicardoGuimaraes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beautiful work my friend, you definitely put in the work!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashrumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. m View Post
    your rendering and storytelling skills are just awesome and the best thing is you can keep a consistent quality.

thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for the wonderful compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomba View Post
    Awesome... thanks for sharing. Your work echo of Richard Corben when he was slinging out the oils back in the day. SOlid forms and lighting... really nice man.
    -J-
    This really meant a lot to me, thank you!
    Richard Corben had ( and still does) a profound effect on me as a young artist, he's my singular biggest influence.
    It means all the more coming rom tlant like you, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by meddling kid View Post
    freaking awesome stuff man - especially without reference - great subject too - that toad looks like he's trying to dig himself outta a sticky situation. Looks like a film still. You've nailed a lot of tricky surfaces, especially the condensation on the hood of the hover bike. Now move that Honda logo 2 pixels to the right, and it'll be perfect!

edit: I saw your other posts, and LOVE the old master oil techniques that give that hard shadow line (and the appearance of plastic wrap, people say) - very nice and deep - awesome

JJ
    Thanks very much for the thoughtful comments and compliments!
    I do like hard shadows, but I kinda miss the whole plastic wrap thing, im not really sure what people mean by that.
    Thanks for the film still compliment I was really going for that!

Quote Originally Posted by supersalenco View Post
    That is crazy man, what a great level of detail. Incredible. Congratulations it is a good job.
    Thank you supersalenco, very kind of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Marks View Post
    Focking amazing man, major props!
    Maybe one day ill be on the same level. 7 years for you...hummm prolly 14 for me
    Those breast look better than real ones, thanks for showing!
    Thanks andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Mellotron View Post
    Wow! This is friggin sweet, man... The lighting blows me away, design and composition are killer and the storytelling is all there too... Crazy seeing such fantastic stuff look so real. I really like how you've subtley added colour movement to the warm palette here and there, really gives it life.

Nice! Nice! Nice!
    Thank you so much!
    It really feels good when people pick out stuff that youve worked hard to make happen, I appreciate it!

All the best!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptcrawler View Post
    Im a little worried people are going to be disappointed with it though.
    I dont do anything special.
    It's 5% talent and 95% ballbusting.
    I spend a lot of time on these, a LOT, usually hundreds of hours.
    There are guys who can do far superior work than me in far less time, so I personally dont think what I do is at all remarkable, in fact I see nothing but room for improvement a lot of the time.

That's the sort of thing we all need to learn from - not the secrets - the self analysis and hard work that goes into a piece, from the easily discernible to the subtle elements.

There's so little secrets in good art. But the effort is a reminder and inspiration to us all .

Thank you for your hard work, every time I see your pieces it makes me want to work just that little bit harder

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cmalidore For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing job on the textures

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Majora For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Andres View Post
    This is great all around. It has been already mentioned but the storytelling and rendering is top notch. Hope one day have the same understanding of light and form as you. Thanks for sharing!
    All it takes is 5% talent and 95% hard-work my friend.
    I really appreciate your comments, I try to tell a story or put in enough story-like elements so the viewer can easily make thier own.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpian View Post
    That is unbelievably good. I guess the seven years in in the apartment explains certain things, though... It really paid off.
    8 years, but who's counting?!
    That desire and drive is still there, I cant wait to learn more!
    Thankfully the learning never ends in art.
    Thanks very much for the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by corspufo View Post
    I love love love love love your work! You're so good it hurts. I'm so inspired by everything you do. Thank you again and please post MORE!!!! Tutorials or step by step of your work would be great. Woo!
    I *really* appreciate enthusiastic reactions like this, itll always be better than how it feels to get a paycheck. A step by step will be coming out this year in "Digital Art Masters vol 4", when its published. In it I detail my "process" as best I cant. Much of what I do is based on intuition and capitalising on happy mistakes.

Im really happy you like my work that much, it means a lot that you took the time to say so!

Quote Originally Posted by archipelago View Post
    love it man, keep it up!
    Thank you!
    Ill certainly do my best!

Quote Originally Posted by octavian View Post
    yo dude, I think you misunderstood my post. I was not calling you out, even if it sounded that way... I had noticed that some people have a hard time believing you use no 3d or ref so I thought, why not post steps to reference whenever someone asks that question... which I imagine comes up a lot considering the technical brilliance of your work.

BTW, I've never looked up Corben until I saw some people compare you to him. I like your subject matter better.

I can't wait for a tutorial... actually it will be the first time I buy a digital art masters book because of you. DOH!
    Im really glad that you checked out Richard Corben, if it werent for him paving the way then I dont think i'd be illustrating the same way.

I didnt misunderstand your post, I dont think?
    Im not sure why you would think that, but I appreciate you following up to make sure there wasnt a slight made, thats rare.

All the doubt just ends up being compliments for me.
    Its not my responsibility to placate people who openly say that they think im being dishonest or exaggerating. Thats thier problem, not mine.

Personally I dont even know how it would even remotely benefit me to lie about my work?

For what?

As for the tutorial:
    I hope its helpful, but its not really much more than a dressed up version of what Ive metioned here.
    I do a loose sketch with big brushes, then start putting in color and light sources, then spend about 2+ weeks tightening it up at *really* high magnifications, tweak the contrast and saturation then toss on a low impact sharpen.

Boom, done.

Im not traditionally schooled, in fact I have a 9th grade education (long story) there are no tricks or secrets, I just work really hard.

Thanks for checking in and the kind words octavian, it means more than you may think, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Duman View Post
    I can't believe that you can do work like this, and by that I mean I can believe it, and thats creepy. To me, it literally seems impossible. So my hypothesis has three conclusions available. Your some kind of photoshop deity, a cyborg, or a great exaggerator.
    Im leaning toward cyborg.
    Hah!
    That really makes me feel good, Duman, thank you so much.
    I like being creepy!

Bauh, buahaha!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!
    Though I love 3d, drawing and painting is still and always be an effective way of illustrating our visions.

Keep up the great work.
    Gustavo

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gugesbri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptcrawler View Post

As for the tutorial:
    I hope its helpful, but its not really much more than a dressed up version of what Ive metioned here.
    I do a loose sketch with big brushes, then start putting in color and light sources, then spend about 2+ weeks tightening it up at *really* high magnifications, tweak the contrast and saturation then toss on a low impact sharpen.

Boom, done.
    Thanks for the brief about you work-flow; You are very talented person. Its not the speed we need yes it is important at some point but the quality you produce is simply wonderful. You are very great person and best of luck for your more work to being produced.
    CHEERS

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sony For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 771 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome stuff all the way. The lighting on this is pretty f&$*n amazing, however I do think the woman looks too 'clean' and 3d-ish. Her skin looks a bit plastic to me. I prefer the way the aliens are painted

Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixeltuner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Outstanding work!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to draw For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kinjura View Post
    I will definitely be picking that book up. Man, I've stalked you from here to DA and back, looking for flaws in your work (so that I could learn from them - they seem to teach me better than perfection does) but I just can't find any. I imagine I will be a huge fan of yours until one of us stops breathing.
    Thats so kind of you man, thanks!
    I wish I didnt see as many flaws as I do, itll never look like how I envision it and never live up to the fantasy thats behind it, but you gotta try!
    Ill never reach perfection but ill certainly die trying!

All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanLong View Post
    Where did he say he did it in seven hours?
    More like 700

Quote Originally Posted by psychoboy View Post
    real kick ass; loved that craft & the babe
    Thank you psycho, im glad you dig it!

Yes, a little jab. I don't use smileys so some folks miss it.

It's a shame you feel the need to snipe and also keep track of whether people notice or not.

I'm perfectly willing to believe that you don't use reference. It just seems an odd self-restriction, particularly for a commercial artist, or an aspiring one, where the restriction has no real value, and indeed, with deadlines looming, might slow you down.
    Who said it was a self restriction? I certainly glance at a photo if I get stuck. I dont collect reference and then draw, I do the opposite; so I rarely ever find something exactly as I need it. When this happens it forces me to think about lighting and structure in 3D.

How you could find an excercise like that having "no real value" to an illustrator is something I find to be quite baffling.

You have reason to be proud of so amazing a skill, but when you've got two days to deliver a final, is it really worth the time and effort trying to remember what the back end of a garbage truck looks like, or what the inside of a watch looks like, or what Robert Downey Jr's face looks like, when you could just look it up?

So according to your logic I should be proud of "so amazing a skill" that has "no real value"?
    Which is it? Amazing or useless?
    Your also way off base about it being an issue of pride, when in fact, its an issue of funtionality.
    When I need to look at a photo I do, and promptly say so in the notes. But I dont need to often, its that simple.
    I always take contracts that I can deliver on so getting into compromising situations like the one your talking about rarely, if ever happen.

But thanks for the concern, Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by GrundleMonster View Post
    fucking amazing! great character style, great lighting, great colors, love it in and out.
    Thanks a million Grundle!
    Im really glad you dig it that much!

Quote Originally Posted by BlightedArt View Post
    That pic is very cool. The rabbit graffiti made me giggle, ;p you sick minded individual you!
    Hehe!
    I wish I designed that rabbit but I didnt. Jeffery "Chamba" Cruz did, he's an amazing illustrator, go check him out on devaintart.com, he goes by the name lastscionz. He was kind enough to give me permission to use its likeness.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzan View Post
    awesome work ~thanks for sharing
    Its my pleasure and privilege to share it, thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This painting is a monumental achievement. Congrats, and thanks for sharing it with us. We'll be studying your work for many years to come.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to James Kei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AHHH, good to see there is still more great work coming! Thanks for posting.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to brokencow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome image!
    In fact, I looked up the word "awesome" in a dictionary and saw your image next to it. Beautiful.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Furitsu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    At first, when I first found ye (which was a while ago) I was a bit sceptical to this 3D-looking style you're acheaving. But your later pieces are something in between "painterly" and 3D. And I love it! Unique and refreshing.

This one is very lovely indeed. Thouroghly entertaining scrutinizeing all the details and textures, between eyeing that incredible cleavage that is.

Keep it up!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to HumbleHenk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's an amazing picture... Love every bit of it, especially the form and the edge work. There's a lot of life in the character's poses too.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to m@. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bad ass indeed, thanks for sharing your work man. Really inspiring to me for sure.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Diego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing work! big, big fan...

39. The Following User Says Thank You to illustratorwayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSawyer View Post
    If I was that good I'd be about 1/10th as modest. I'm an art newb and about 95% of the stuff on here blows me out of the water, but this frickin blows me into a next universe!
    Heehee!
    Thanks tom!
    Its easy to be modest due to all the talent around here, theres so much to learn.
    Were all art newbs at one point or another but thats a great place to be, a wondrous world awaits you if your willing to walk down that path. It's a simple path to find, but not an easy one to walk.

All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight View Post
    Wow, thats intense! whats your secret?
    5% talent, 95% hard work, profound failures, humiliating defeats and tiny victories.
    Im glad you think its intense, I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by swore View Post
    love the light and color u used
    looks really beautiful
    the little bros are awesome..
    Thanks swore, this made me smile!
    I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLE-R View Post
    Great stuff man, I'm diggin the little creature dudes expressions & the chicks cleavage ..hahaha. It feels like a movie shot good job.

-TRPL-R
    Ohhh see now your talking dirty to me when you say it feels movie-ish.
    That means a lot to me man I appreciate it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Crypt. I think it's your best yet(I still love the green caterpillar rider and the punting frog). Incredible textures and lighting partnered with a great sense of storytelling. Beautiful stuff. Your works' are really worth the wait.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Cryptcaller, love your work, infact I put you down as one of my favourite concept artists over at IFX! This is great, I love the story, and well we all know how good the lighting is. It's not on this thread, but my favourite image is the one with the big ogre dude bashing people up... the sky in at the top is... just amazing.

Anyway! Great job on responding to people comments. I have a question though, as an aspiring artist myself (beginner) ...you say you study a lot from observation. Do you draw much from real life, or is it mainly reference photos? And I wondered how you rate the importance of drawing/study from life or are photos/film still as good a replacement? I'm asking cos as a learner I'm feeling a bit guilty about not "getting out there" and drawing, mainly cos it's so freaking cold at the moment. I love your work and would value your opinion on this thanks in advance!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexTooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So I looked at your painting again, and I looked at a few others cause I was still feeling inspired. I studied a few pieces and observed some details. I came to a conclusion that maybe someone has mentioned already, but I just didn't have time to read the comments. Also, I'm terrible at explaining myself. So I did a paint over, to let the picture speak.

I'm a huge noob myself, so it might not even be done correctly, but what I got was the impression that there doesn't seem to be much space in here. I think you're amazing at contrast, that is for certain. But as far as dept and space, I think it could use a little.

All i did here was try to put the chick in front, as it seems like the guy is giving directions, so he'd be standing some what a few steps further back than her. So I gave her the spot, then I pushed him back slightly by putting some light on him, taking the darks back further in the light, then pushed the background even further back.

Not a masterful paint over at all, in fact it took like 20 seconds and an overlay layer. But I thought it did a decent enough effect of what I'm trying to explain. Hope it doesn't offend, and I hope I'm making sense.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to brokencow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I disagree about the lack of depth and atmosphere comment. The spacial relationships look good to me. There is not a lot of distance between the major elements of the pieces, so there is not going to be a lot of atmospheric perspective between the creature in the front and the creature just behind him. I think you've suggested that distance just right with the subtle merging of values and slight blur.

I also think that compositionally it doesn't call for you to fudge the values to create focus. The focal point is obvious and the eye travels well around the piece with the major characters looking at each other. Only thing I would say is maybe extend the canvas to the left a smidge because of the little tangent with the thing sticking off the side of the vehicle...but that's a minor nitpick. I guess you could also extend the canvas down so it's not chopping off the bottom of the vehicle and the creature's feet, but it's probably not necessary.

Excellent work!

48. The Following User Says Thank You to illustr8r For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, it looks astonishing! Great rendering

However, sorry to ask if it has been asked before,

did you made the sketch digital in photoshop, and then made the picture?

or

did you made the sketch on paper, scanned in, retouched in photoshop en made the picture?

I guess you are a Wacom user?

Furthermore; great great great great

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Chane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn.. i just had to post.

How long did this take you?

52. The Following User Says Thank You to Morte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool stuff. really enjoying all of it.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to germ-X For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg Creative View Post
    That is amazing! I am not a big fan of the plastic photoshop look, but man, this piece is so dynamic, I am extremely impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot Bulldawg!
    Im glad you got a kick out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by InvertedChalupa View Post
    beautiful painting man! i hope you continue to keep posting here... so I can collect a healthy catalogue of your works : )
    heehee!
    I do keep planning to post here ifd theyll have me!
    Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoGuimaraes View Post
    But you have! Everything you do is interesting man. You have such an attention to lighting and staging your illustration that they really seem movie stills (in the good sense). I wonder how long it`ll take to the movie industry to discover your amazing art. If you do it without the use of references, all is left to us is to open our mouths and hope to be able to it someday half as good as you. As for the time you spend on each illo, well, it takes what it takes. The most important thing is that they become AMAZING and if the industry is willing to assign you jobs and wait, so will we!! Besides, I know of no other guy that`s so polite and friendly answering with extreme attention to all the (tons of) posts on your work, whether they are good criticism or not. Keep posting and we keep waiting for more.
    Thanks Ricardo, your support and compliments really mean a lot to me.
    I feel as though I still have a *really* long way to go, but I appreciate your enthusiasm for my stuff.
    As for answering comments and criticisms: I feel its the least I can do. When people take the time to comment in any capacity they are giving me thier time, which is the most precious of all things.
    Getting praise and constructive criticism isnt a given, its a privilege and one I never plan to take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrumm View Post
    beautiful work my friend, you definitely put in the work!!
    I do!
    and I do love to spend my time on these!
    all the best to you!

Quote Originally Posted by cmalidore View Post
    That's the sort of thing we all need to learn from - not the secrets - the self analysis and hard work that goes into a piece, from the easily discernible to the subtle elements.

There's so little secrets in good art. But the effort is a reminder and inspiration to us all .

Thank you for your hard work, every time I see your pieces it makes me want to work just that little bit harder
    Man, thanks so much.
    Its hearing stuff like that that really send me into orbit becasue thats what my inspirations do for me.
    Time and the willingness to beat my head against the wall until I get it "right" are my secrets.
    I appreciate you , thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    amazing job on the textures
    Thank you very much majora!

Quote Originally Posted by gugesbri View Post
    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!
    Though I love 3d, drawing and painting is still and always be an effective way of illustrating our visions.

Keep up the great work.
    Gustavo
    I have profound respect for 3d, learning that stuff even on a basic level is no joke.
    2d will always be my favorite though, especially traditional mediums.

All the very best to you

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4