CA.org Community Podcast [UPDATE 3/23] Ep#4&5: Hurricane Interview & UK Edition
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CA.org Community Podcast [UPDATE 3/23] Ep#4&5: Hurricane Interview & UK Edition

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CA.org Community Podcast [UPDATE 3/23] Ep#4&5: Hurricane Interview & UK Edition

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure this is my first post in the lounge (at least in a very long time), but I believe it is in pretty good intent!

Us fellows on the CA.org VENTRILO channel (Davi, Robert B., myself and a few others) have been tossing the idea around for a Conceptart.org Community Podcast. Since we all talk to eachother on a fairly regular basis we figured it would be worth a shot to get this rolling, and the basic idea is to emphasize community as much as possible. We want the topics to be up to you guys, the show to be up to you, and we are not planning to be the hosts forever, we just want to get the ball rolling on this. I'd also like to to note that I am not trying to step on the official podcasts that Jason Manley releases, and I let him know my intentions a few weeks ago, the idea of this is to be much more interactive and regular, as opposed to the grander ArtCast. This is just to add some more life to the community and hopefully give you guys something you can listen to whilst painting on a weekly basis!

The basic format is going to be as follows (feel free to make input, this is just what I have in mind):

WEEKLY PODCAST (3 per month roughly 30-45 minutes each):
    • Introduction of members hosting
    • Go over community activites (DSG/COW/EOW/etc.)
    • User-generated topics, if there are none we will come up with topics (the bulk of the show)
    • Help section w/questions pertaining to techniques, programs, etc as well as sharing tutorials

MONTHLY SPECIAL PODCAST (1 per month roughly 45-60 minutes each):
    • Special guest either from the forum or the industry to talk, we will let everyone know who this guest will be in advance on the forums so people can contribute questions to ask them.

We are also looking for people to contribute (people with audio editing capabilities, people to look around the forums for topics to bring up, and people that are willing to help host). If you want to help out PM me and we will be glad to have you!

Finally, just to give some pretext for the show Davi and I decided to record a short snippet of what will be to come, I apologize for the quality, we didn't plan too much for this one though :
    temporarily unavailable, give me some time to get the hosting back up

[UPDATE: The first official CONCEPTART COMMUNITY PODCAST IS UP! http://conceptartcp.libsyn.com/ or http://conceptartcp.libsyn.com/rss to subscribe!]

Last edited by ethan karnopp; March 23rd, 2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to ethan karnopp For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 905 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great idea.
    Loved the first podcast, looking forward to the next one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks sine and davi for getting the ball rolling on this. As sine mentioned this is a community podcast with topics that will be formed by the members for the members , with a range of topics that pertain to Concept art and forum activities. Right now it’s just the 3 of us but by all means if you would like to be a host just log onto vent sometime and introduce yourself. In the future there will be a thread devoted to topic discussion and ideas as with each month. One of the benefits of this community podcast is it will allow forum members to voice their CA experiences and artistic interest while putting a voice behind the avatar.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL @ davi... this is cool, and you DO need some ladies! XD
    I want to help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think that's fantastic idea. Quality is good.

I don't visit ventrilo chat beacause I don't speak english fluently (unless I do it for minimum a week non stop) but I'll listen to everything you recorded .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'll help out guys, if you want me to just let me know! I like talking, and I miss the old days of ventrilo, where i would make everyone uncomfortable. Just imagine spreading that uncomfortableness to all of CA! It would be glorious!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice to see that you guys doing this for real love how raw this is! keep it up guys

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this has awesome potential. I'm trying to think of things to do, maybe cut to different local artist groups and see whats going on around the world?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooooh how exciting

Asatira is offline an amateur trying to figure things out Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Neat! Listening to it right now. Sounds like it could go somewhere.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds like a great idea

I edit audio in premier (roundabout way of doing it eh?) so if you're stuck for an editor I can do it. I'd contribute more but I don't really have much more to contribute. One thing to make it easier for anyone who's editing it is to even out your volume levels. Ethan you were plenty loud, but Davi was hard to hear. If I turn up my volume to hear him then your voice is WAY too loud. So I guess the general rule could be: "if everyone else is quieter than you, talk quieter, if everyone is louder talk louder"

On a slightly similar note, is there/can we start a list of podcasts we can listen to while drawing/working? Art-related or otherwise?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the download borked :/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of I want to say thanks to everyone who posted in this thread and over the course of around 20 hours we have managed to get 80 downloads on this, which gives me some assurance that people are at least interested in the idea. I realize the quality of this initial recording is quite subpar due to the poor recording aspect, I am definitely working on tweaking settings for the next show. Also the download the 0.5 podcast IS DOWN and will be for the next 3-5 days. I uploaded it to a trial account on the hosting server, and since anyone can access these files some smartass deleted it, I'm just waiting for my Paypal account to be set up so I can purchase the server slot. The next podcast is going to be recorded this Sunday so I'm not sure if it will be up Sunday but Monday or Tuesday I assure you it will be, and it is going to be a 30 minute show. In the meantime if any of you want some background noise feel free to hop on vent! To my knowledge the most active times are around 4-10 PM central time but it still can be pretty static. I'm glad so many enjoyed the podcast (or at the very least the IDEA of it)! Cheers!

Farvus > We have quite a few people who are not native-english speakers that hop on vent, if anything I think it would help you speak better. I'd personally love to see you on! The more the merrier!

Slash / Petitemistress > If you want to help send me a PM to remind me to get back to you, Robert and I will talk over what we need done and figure out who can do it based on times available (so if you would like to list certain days that would work better or hours that would be great).

Smarty > That is definitely a solid idea.

Jason Rainville > I'd appreciate the help with editing, if you would be so kind to help just send me days/hours available so we can work with you! Currently I don't listen to any art podcasts (because there really are none out there that update on a regular basis that are exclusively about art, Gamasutra has some interesting ones though), but I do listen to a lot of others. 1up show(gaming), 1upFM(gaming), GFW Radio (gaming)(now named LANparty), Giant Bombcast(gaming), Sarcastic Gamer(gaming), Nobody Likes Onions (comedy), Dan Carlin (political/historical), The History Channel (historical/political), and Free Talk Live (political) and occasionally I listen to Wreckless Media Radio (comedy) and Red Bar Radio (comedy).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the first attempts ca did with the Pod casts over the workshops or what ever but could never get/find a way to download them any one else have this problem

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wouldn't mind hosting/editing if you need me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    any update on the status of this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey good to hear you guys are organizing over vent. I'll have to stop back in.

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome...

I was thinking about how cool it would be to have something like this, but you guys are actually doing it so thanks guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys sorry about the hold up, I finally got ahold of a good server slot. I had some issues both with paypal and some personal things I need to clean up but Robert and I are working on something that should be around for you guys soon! Sorry about the wait guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sooo. when is this initial one going back up?

I dont mean to be pushy I'm just really interested.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CA.org Community Podcast #01!

Here it is ladies and gents, the first CA Community Podcast. After the incredibly long wait we at the Vent finally deliver with the goods. The ones who didn't have cowardice in their hearts and fear no ridicule for being the forerunners are SiNE, Robert.B, Bapsi, Medieve and Call0ps. So, enough of my shenanigans, Here's the podcast.

Podcast 01

and the RSS:

Podcast 01

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FranciscoShreds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woot Woot!

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting that Francisco! The first podcast is up, and even though I'm incredibly excited about posting this I'm incredibly terrified. I apologize for some of the mic quality (mine especially) and some weird editing, I was trying to rush to get this up. Anywho hope you guys enjoy! I'd love to hear some feedback. Also anyone interested can subscribe on Itunes and as Francisco said, the RSS is linked, so if you want to, add them to feeburner or google reader! Thanks for listening, hope you enjoy!

(Sorry about the length too, we went a little over time with the podcast length this time, generally it will be limited to 30-45 minutes)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ethan karnopp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 905 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    awesome

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    haha, listening to it now .. no idea where this is going.. great idea though =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool. Thanks for the effort on the podcast!

Parka Blogs <- Most dangerous blog for artists (and their wallets).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    T'was pretty cool to listen to whilst i worked, thanks guys.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ethan karnopp thank you for spending some of your own time to record and editing. Its so weird to hear myself and i can feel my own nervousness xD i do have an funny accent i hope new and different people can join to the future podcast. This is done by the community FOR the community. Again thank you all for participating, taking time and effort to make it possible. Cant wait for the next one, and hear different view points from you all

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1