Thanks

Question How to get the best prices on buying new stuff online?

Anyone have some good advice on how to get the best prices on buying new stuff online [not used]? Currently the 2 hobbies I spend a lot of my extra money on are electronics/gadgets and character figures/statues. But I want to be wiser at spending my money this year. The money saving method I currently use is search the best price on the item I want with Google Product Search or PriceGrabber. Then I search for coupons. I also compare store deals and cashback at http://toymall.synthasite.com when I shop for my character figures/statues. Do you think this is enough to shop smart or are there more tricks? Any recommendations? Thanks.
    Last edited by TsunamiZ; January 5th, 2009 at 06:49 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hard to say without knowing what country you live in.

For the uk there is a site where ppl will post offers up so you can find the best price of quite a wide range of items.

Then when you have found that best price buy it using a cashback service. These are companies that get money from being an affiliate of the site but they then pass that money onto you. The one I use they take the first £5 cashback you earn a year then the rest you generate for that year you get to keep.

The other thing to consider is shipping in stuff from overseas. I got my camera from hong kong. I bought my camera lenses in the states when I was over there. There are a lot of "cheap knock offs" from china for lots of gadgets and things. I got my wireless flash triggers and wireless remote for my camera off ebay from china. They do the same job as the official branded stuff but at A LOT cheaper. Build quality is fine for the price. Watch out for customs tax though.

So it seems you already do most of this and are a pretty savvy shopper, don't think there is much more you could be doing.

With electronics and gadgets though, you can save a lot of money by getting an older generation of a product, or not the top of the range. Also the speed that tech moves on, waiting a few months for prices to drop will save you loads.

Thanks
    im in the us btw