Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Thread: Just Watched

Thanks
    The Violence Jack OVAs (Both the uncut and censored dub) - While I did enjoy Evil Town and Hell's Wind; The animation is poorly-drawn, there are mistakes in the ink/paint, plot holes that are very easy to notice, many of the supporting characters (including one from God Mazinger) are complete dolts, stupid moments that sully the source material, extremely bland Japanese voices, and a badly-written, badly directed dub. While I do like the soundtrack; Go Nagai's dislike for this was not unjustified.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble - Much better animated than Violence Jack, but I had to quit after eight minutes out of boredom. The Characters are boring, the jokes come off as shoehorned in, the music didn't fit, and had more 'tude than what John Kricfalusi usually complains about.

The Devilman OVAs: The first one had its memorable moments, but kind of boring. The Second, on the other hand, was pretty badass! Too bad that the dub sucked. I mean, Alan Mariott as Akira Fudo? By the way, Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman was based off of Amon: the Dark Side of Devilman.
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.
    Nintendo Network ID: FightingSeraph

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 763 Posts
    Big eyes. This movie has no soul and the overacting is cringeworthy.

Thanks
    Kino no Tabi (Kino's Journey).
    A short anime series (13 episodes) featuring a traveling girl and her motorad riding from a country to another. each time discovering a new culture and some aspect of human nature. The pace is slow and meditative, the art is far from exceptional, but the writing is excellent, the atmosphere gripping, and Kino is an original and interesting character. If you ask me this show is totally worth watching

Thanks
    Evil Dead (2013)

Rubbish!

Oh look fresh blood...better go down there and stay in this creepy cabin where there was obviously some kind of satanic ritual. Typical slasher movie. Did enjoy the guy who always attempted to fix fatal injuries with duct tape.

What a lovely holiday movie.

Thanks

Thanks
    Lords of Salem

they have the tinned collectible edition at Target atm for 9.99, gogogogo

I see tribute to Kubrick in it. The expected Pro-Satanic ending was quite fun.
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    deathnote anime series, please don't hate me lol.

Thanks
    fargo

Thanks
    The Rover.

A really cool quiet but brutal Australian film about a guy trying to get his car back. Reminiscent in feel of The Proposition, also starring Guy Pierce, and perfectly captures the feel of a future where society is crumbling slowly. Not quite Mad Max world yet but definitely getting there. Loved everything about it, especially the ending.

Tiggeraz, I loved Nightcrawler too. Jake Gyllenhaal does an excellent creepy but strangely likeable guy lol. Think he's made for roles like that.
    Last edited by Candra H; October 7th, 2015 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Candra H View Post
    The Rover.

A really cool quiet but brutal Australian film about a guy trying to get his car back. Reminiscent in feel of The Proposition, also starring Guy Pierce, and perfectly captures the feel of a future where society is crumbling slowly. Not quite Mad Max world yet but definitely getting there. Loved everything about it, especially the ending.
    Funny that you mention The Rover, that movie has been on my never ending list of flicks i want to watch for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Candra H View Post
    Tiggeraz, I loved Nightcrawler too. Jake Gyllenhaal does an excellent creepy but strangely likeable guy lol. Think he's made for roles like that.
    It's always something about his eyes. In Nightcrawler he is always staring and never blinks and in Prisoners he constantly blinks heavily like he's got something in his eye.

Thanks
    I was watching the new Homeland season but stopped. Went back to watch Season 1 from the beginning. Soooo good~ I love this drama. Can anyone recommend any similar spy-style dramas? Here is season 1 trailer~ https://linqables.com/w/VJnJqlOll

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggeraz View Post
    Funny that you mention The Rover, that movie has been on my never ending list of flicks i want to watch for a long time.
    Its definitely a good one, and worth checking out.

It's always something about his eyes. In Nightcrawler he is always staring and never blinks and in Prisoners he constantly blinks heavily like he's got something in his eye.
    Haha yeah, he's a creepy fucker for sure. Havent seen Prisoners though so will need to have a look at some point. Thanks for mentioning it

Quote Originally Posted by slartibart81 View Post
    I was watching the new Homeland season but stopped. Went back to watch Season 1 from the beginning. Soooo good~ I love this drama. Can anyone recommend any similar spy-style dramas? Here is season 1 trailer~ https://linqables.com/w/VJnJqlOll
    Spooks was pretty good. Its a UK spy drama from a few years ago.

Thanks
    I just watched Oculus from 2013 and it was the lamest, boring, flat line "horror" film I've seen in a while.

Thanks
    Agame la kill

didnt like it at all.

Thanks
    Hey all! I've watched Spectre last night, can't say it was brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyable but methinks I preferred Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation more as it had a lot of breathtaking scenes! Specifically one scene taking place in an opera.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leftpin View Post
    Hey all! I've watched Spectre last night, can't say it was brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyable but methinks I preferred Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation more as it had a lot of breathtaking scenes! Specifically one scene taking place in an opera.
    That reminds me, i recently watched Skyfall. It was very enjoyable.

Thanks
    Junk Boy: I'll admit, it was funny, but Ryohei needed a more complex personality.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.

Thanks
    The Babadook. When every character is unsympathetic you'll probably not care what happens to them. I was having a very interesting conversation about Charlie Chaplin during the film, which was the only positive aspect about the movie i suppose...

Thanks
    Mr. Pickles: I found this to be hilarious, and undeserving of the hate it gets.

Dirty Pair: Flight 005 Conspiracy: Underrated, though the comedy isn't as prevalent in the OVA and TV series.

Dirty Pair Flash: This had great action, but it still sucks when compared with the 80s anime.

Thanks
    Split: Meh.

Arrival: One of the absolute best scifi movies I have ever seen.

Guardians of the galaxy 2: It was fun.

Thanks
    I just watched Rogue One. Wow! What a fanboy wankfest. Look a reference to other star wars movies, look there is some star wars over there, you see that object over there? - that's a star wars. If you like Star Wars, there is a lot of Star Wars in it, unfortunately it doesn't have that much to do with the main aspects, the characters are a bunch of broody frowny-faces, the gritty realism they were going clashes with the laughable designs from the 70s and the story is sort of boring. It's an inconsistent mess.
    I give the movie Star Wars reference / 10 lightsabers.

Thanks
    Black Sails, since I love pirate themes I decided to give this TV show a try man I'm so disappointed. The show is very boring.

Thanks
    Ghost in the shell (2017)
    Turned it off after 45 minutes due to it being complete trash.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31