Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Watched

Thanks
    Gran Torino. I was a little disappointed with it at first--the script and the performances were awkward at times, and the film doesn't have a subtle bone in its body--but as the story got going I liked it much better. Good film.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 516 Posts
    The Blind Side. I cried like a little girl.

Thanks
    Jeremiah Johnson. I think it's a beautiful movie, and for some reason it is also, for me, one of the most emotionally affecting movies I've seen. I've seen it four or five times now, and every time it fills me with feelings of vastness, solitude, beauty, and loss.

Also, Moon and Se7en. Both good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 755 Posts
    I just watched "The Men Who Stares At Goats" and I loved it

Thanks
    Finally saw THE LOVELY BONES. Nowhere near as bad as the critics said, and actually quite moving. Also syncs up pretty well with my Buddhist beliefs.
    On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time.
    - George Orwell

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    - Richard Dawkins

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 838 Posts
    Tokyo Godfathers. Really sweet film, although a bit disturbing as well. Maybe a bit out of season now though

Satoshi Kon did it again, I say
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Just purchased and watched the blu-rays of Casablanca and Doctor Zhivago.

Both excellent movies but Casablanca had a few processing anomalies. Still F-ing fine after all these years.

Doctor Zhivago was of course excellent in all ways. Even at 3 hours and 17 min it rarely dragged. And of course David Lean's direction and cinematography is always spectacular.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to IKV Nexis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Heavy Traffic-Highly underrated, I'm surprised that there aren't any more R-rated American animation that isn't from Seth McFarlane or Trey Parker.
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.
    Nintendo Network ID: FightingSeraph

Thanks
    Watched Wong Kar-Wai's 'Fallen Angels' for the first time...freakin' brilliant movie.

Thanks
    Death Proof. Tarentino is so self-indulgent with this movie that he's practically masturbating, but damn if I don't love it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Glum Tum; April 2nd, 2019 at 12:45 AM.

Thanks
    Prince of Persia

Great story, nice characters etc.

Yummy..
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

Thanks
    Splice: This movie is a lot more interesting than the advertisement is making it look. It's very Cronenbergian. It kind of destroyed my brain, though.

Until The Light Takes Us: I was pretty impressed by this movie. I thought the interviews with Fenriz were the real heart and soul of the film, but it's interesting how even-handedly they presented the information.

Thanks
    I actually went and saw Macgruber, the other night. Laughed a few times. Got what I expected out of it, at least.

Thanks
    Sky1's Going Postal
    It was great. I'm really starting to like these not-so-much-over-the-top videoproductions of the Discworld novels. Richard Coyle's Moist von Lipwig was a blast.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts
    Funny People: Like just about every Apatow movie I resist, it was fucking hilarious. Once again I learned never doubt Apatow.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Bert View Post
    Sky1's Going Postal
    It was great. I'm really starting to like these not-so-much-over-the-top videoproductions of the Discworld novels. Richard Coyle's Moist von Lipwig was a blast.
    What he said

And I just watched From Paris with Love. That's a whole other side of Travolta

Thanks
    Men Who Stare At Goats: It had its moments.

Slayers Premium: Good, but I liked the TV show better.
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.
    Nintendo Network ID: FightingSeraph

Thanks
    Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid- Excellent writing, excellent performances, and the movie as a whole started out really well. The tracking/chase scene in particular was quite good. However, as the movie went on, and they went down to Bolivia, it just seemed to get sillier and less interesting and compelling. Hmph.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgangster View Post
    Recently I watch film is "The Road"....It’s not what I expect from movie when I watch trailer first time...Movie is very boring...
    I thought this movie was great, and I don't get why everyone bashed it so much. Then again, it's one of my favorite books of all time... I thought the movie was amazingly true to the book.

I saw A Serious Man. It was pretty weird and quirky, and almost Napoleon Dynamite like. It wasn't awful, and it was original and well made, but I didn't love it. ALSO the film is supposed to take place in 1967 and yet there is a part of the movie where he's talking on the phone with someone from Columbia Records about Santana's Abraxas. Abraxas wasn't released until 1970! As a music fan that annoyed me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 838 Posts
    Karas the Prophecy/Revelation

Great movie(s). (Sort of one movie in two parts.) Awesome animation and art. The pacing was so-so from time to time and made it feel a bit more like a TV-series than a movie. But it was still great. Interesting characters and plot.
    "I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Hot Tub Time Machine, a comedian movie, Chow Yun fat's Shanghai, a confused French one-Lola Rennt and Remember Me. (PS: after watching the movie, I found out that its main actor is Robert Pattinson, also a main role in Twilight I, II, I definitely like him lol)
    Remember Me is nice and sweet romantic movie. A story takes place between a youth and a beauty who were beset with family troubles. Because of a bet they got to know each other and lived together. But the good things came to end when one day Tayler ( played by Robert Pattinson) confessed to Ally (played by Emilie de Ravin) about the real purpose he approached her. Of course, they broke up..... Finally, Ally was touched by Talyer's pure love and forgave him. But the end was a little bit of tragic, Talyer became the victim of 9.11 when he was awaiting for his father in the office.
    It tells people to love more and to cherish the things around you. For you never know what would be the last day in your life. I'm not pessimistic, I just share my feelings with you!
    Last edited by Anne Tang; July 5th, 2010 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks
    Solaris - I thought it was really great. Very eerie.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    a tale of two sisters.... sooooooo gooooodddd

the cinematography, story, and actresses are brilliant

Thanks
    No country for old men

I loved that film. It's by the Coen brothers and I thought it was a notch better yet than their slightly similar older film, Fargo.

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh.... lol...
    Just Watched

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 516 Posts
    I just got home from Airbender. RottenTomatoes gave it a 7% but I thought it was a lot better than that. One of the criticizms was that the acting was bad but I just consider that as to be expected. For the kind of movie that it is I kind of see bad acting as part of the charm somehow. Maybe in my mind it reinforces the attitude that this is not to be taken seriously and that it's OK to just sit back and enjoy the fight scenes and special effects.

Another main crit was that the story was especially hard to follow. This may be true for someone new to the title, but having seen all of the episodes through at least the first couple seasons, the story worked fine for me.

There were some spots where I fealt the production values were a little low and that the lighting and cinematography could have been much better (The first half hour of the film had the exact same, 11AM light to it). There were other, and more(?) moments though that the movie had the look of a big budget summer popcorn flick.

All in all, by the time the movie was drawing to a close I was comfortable with the $7 investment. It may have helped to have been going in with very low expectations. That said, I'd expect that I'll see the next installment at the theatre.

Thanks
    Rebuild of Evangelion 2.2 , wow they changed so much of the plot, feels a lot lighter and happier now..but I like it, I just see it as a sort of alternate Eva universe, or maybe even a literal re-occurance of the events from the original Evangelion after the Third Impact happened, only this time Shinji is happier, probably a reflection of Hideaki Anno himself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SouMeng View Post
    No country for old men

I loved that film. It's by the Coen brothers and I thought it was a notch better yet than their slightly similar older film, Fargo.

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh.... lol...
    Just Watched
    I watched the movie"No Country for Old Men" a couple of months ago. There is no doubt that it's a great movie, but somehow I failed to comprehend what's the focus. Totally confused!

Thanks
    Wild Hogs an adventure comedy.

It has stirred my infinite and wild longings to become a motorcyclist.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast