Just Watched - Page 8

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Watched

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Finally saw AVATAR!!! It's all they say and more, 3D, sorry Dion ;( All I can say is that now I really want to fly!!
    Rented Ellen Page's "Hard Candy" this is a good one if your a woman and need to feel empowered, Ellen Page Rocks!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 271 Posts
    Watched Avatar 3D the other night, story is predictable but good enough to keep ya interested, but the CG, action and visual design is just EPIC! well worth a watch. Also, 3D you can really appreciate the jubblyness of Michelle Rodriguez's breasts!

Thanks
    Just watched Sherlock Holmes.
    A really great movie.
    And Downey really played his part as Holmes there.

Thanks
    Ponyo- Great film! It has its own visual look and the animation is the best I've seen from Miyazaki.

Daybreakers- Good film overall! Loved the look and the concepts.

Thanks
    Brazil-Amazing movie. The world seems incredibly fleshed out and natural, especially for a comedy.

Thanks
    Arrested Development-To be honest, I chuckled a few times, but I don't think that it justified the hype it has gotten.

Riki-Oh: Child of Destruction-For all the blood and gore that it had, the story is pretty good. However, I wish that there was a subtitled version on YouTube.

Dirty Pair (the tv episodes): This is one of the few instances where the dubbed version outdoes the original voicetrack. Only four the eps were subbed, but they had lousy video quality.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts

Thanks
    Sky Captain and The World of Tommorrow: I lasted about 20 minutes before I gave up on this movie. I liked the idea, but it was just painfully obvious that the actors were only taking to greenscreen that it soured the whole thing for me.

Remember, just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect-Dale Gribble (from King of the Hill)
    Old Sketchbook 1
    Old Sketchbook 2
    Newest sketchbook

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wiggum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just saw Moon, such a fantastic film, I was disappointed by Avatar it seems bland next to this, the soundtrack is great as well, very haunting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    Saw both Wolfman and Shutter Island.

Wolfman is an ok movie. If you can think of it as a B-movie, you'd enjoy it. I enjoyed it. But what's spectacular about it is greeeaaattt set and costume design. If you're ever looking for Victorian era reference, make note of that movie

Shutter Island is SO GREAT. period.

Thanks
    Art School Confidential

Was a funny movie from an art student perspective. However it gives every non-artist a bad example of what it takes to be successful.

SECONDS: Do you work from life of photographs?
    FRAZETTA: I work from my head.

Thanks
    Dragonball Evolution: Not good, but at the same time, not a complete pile of shit.

Goku Midnight Eye ep. 2: It's been a long time since I saw the first episode, and after seeing this subtitled; I thought it was awesome.

I might have to check out Moon, along with 9, Haunted World of El Superbeasto, Sherlock Holmes (even though I steer clear of Guy Ritchie's movies), and Ninja Assassin.

My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.

Thanks
    I saw Treasure Planet. Very good movie, I liked it a lot!

My Sketchbook!

Sketchbook Support Group:
    Purrdey PKHayden

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Ponyo! It's pure Miyazaki awesomeness. The plot is basically the little mermaid, just set in modern times.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Ponyo! It's pure Miyazaki awesomeness. The plot is basically the little mermaid, just set in modern times.
    I love the animation and the simple style.

Thanks
    Shutter Island.

No. Yes. Wait. What? Okay. Huh? Fuck.

SECONDS: Do you work from life of photographs?
    FRAZETTA: I work from my head.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Irishdrunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    saw in the passing two weeks or so..

OldBoy (2003) - a man is prisoned for 15 years without knowing why. simply blew my mind away

dread2 - gore and psychological thriller? damm!

The invention of lying - saw it yesterday. great great great! how didn't anyone think about befor? great cast!

princess and the frog - a bit dissapointed, but maybe had too much expectations. the animation and art great, but just didn't move me...

hmmm.. I watch too much movies....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noa K View Post
    OldBoy (2003) - a man is prisoned for 15 years without knowing why. simply blew my mind away
    I just watched as well. Such a beautifully, fucked up film. I've never seen anything like it. My mind was just blank for like 20 minutes straight after.

Thanks
    Some things with rudimentary ratings:

Deliverance - A
    The Boat That Rocked - B+
    Flight of the Conchords (S1) - B+
    The Fantastic Mr Fox - A
    Sherlock Holmes - C+
    Fringe (S2) - E
    Californication (S1) - A+
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - C
    Planet 51 - D
    Where the Wild Things Are - B
    Snippets of "Paranormal Activity" - F

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    I just watched Tarsem's THE FALL, and its soooooooo good. Not a lot of people know about it, I only heard of it by seeing a picture of one of the scenes. And its a beautiful art movie. not art related but very artistic in the way its film, the sets (which are all 100% on location, not greenscreen) and the costume design.

google image the name is all you need to be convinced!

Brendan if you had given WtWTA, an A+ I would agree to the whole list (for the ones I've seen anyway)

Thanks
    you know what, zwarrior - I think I was a little harsh on that one. Technically it was great in all aspects. Great direction, cinematography. Acting was topnotch, effects were surprisingly convincing. Original story and plot structure. Little slow to start, but then so was Deliverance. I guess my only gripe with it was that it wasn't memorable enough - it felt like I should really have connected with some of the characters and rooted for them, but some of them were just a tad too flat or annoying. Still, an A- would have done justice

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Oldboy is sweet.

It's one of those movies that you know is sweet because people keep stealing your copy of it.

Just watched "Ninja Assassin", it's basically an 80s action flick with modern sfx. It's dumb but good and I can't help but smile at their enthusiasm for 80s style carnage.

You will want to sneak around in shadows wearing black.

Thanks
    Spicy City- It's too bad that HBO wanted to take the show out of Ralph Bakshi's control as a means to keep it on the air, but this is one underrated TV series that everyone here needs to check out. I wish there were more cartoons like this series...

Gumby- I wasn't into Davey and Goliath, but I kinda like what Art Clokey had during the late '50s up until the early '90s. I also want to see the documentary Gumby Dharma as well.

Sparticus: Blood and Sand- As much as I liked the Sparticus movie, this is also one badass show; even moreso than Dexter.

Thanks
    Dr. Strangelove. It was even funnier and more brilliant the second time around.
    Eastern Promises. Very disappointing. Too little actually happened.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 598 Posts
    This month I have mainly watched

Fourth Kind - liked it, very well done - 8/10
    Paranormal Activity - OK but slipped into cliched horror and ultimately disappointment - 6/10
    Irreversible - the most miserable, pretentious film I've seen for some time. Better than Memento, but then again a DVD stuck in the gullet would be better than Memento - 5/10
    Moon - Watchable but why did they reveal the "secret" so soon? - 7/10
    Eden Lake - Possibly the best of that type of film. Unfortunately that isn't saying much - 7/10
    In The Loop - Tried too hard but worth watching if you've broken your leg and the TV's on - 6/10

Thanks
    Crazy Heart- Story's familiar, but Jeff Bridges makes it worthwhile.

Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus- I was just left confused in the end. Great visuals as expected from Gilliam, but I don't think I enjoyed it that much.

Thanks
    Crank 2 - Bad. There were some scenes that were good and some scenes that would have been good in the right movie but overall it's pretty shitty. It's like a pile of shit you have to dig in to find a tiny piece of gold or two.

From Paris With Love - Very cool if not taken too seriously. I expected some kind of Bruce Willis movie and I wasn't too off with that. John Travolta played a very cool and unusual (at least for him) role in this one and I wonder if the movie would have been as good without him. I think not.

Thanks
    Inglourious Basterds (Tarantino, 2009)

Tarantino has done it again!... The trailers and the publicity surrounding this movie makes it look like a Brad Pitt vehicle... And perhaps it was a good idea to draw the audience that way... But who would've thought that he'd make you watch a funny and suspenseful, and not to mention beautiful, foreign-language film instead?!... This movie is genius!... The man deserves all praises... The dialogue is delicious, the characters memorable, and the music fits with every scene and I mean every scene...

And one review I read was absolutely right--this movie was more about the love for movies, our love for movies, than actually about World War II... One main character owns a movie theatre; there's a film-buff soldier turned movie star; one is a famous actress posing as a female agent; one lieutenant is a professional film critic; they mentioned Garbo, Chaplin, Emil Jannings, Clouzot, G.W. Pabst, David O. Selznick among other film personalities; we learn that nitrate film back then were highly flammable (and took an excerpt film footage from Hitchcock's Sabotage); the soldiers were playing movie character card-guessing in the thrilling tavern sequence; and one of the most important scenes in the film takes place in a movie theatre...

Oh, actually the only thing I didn't like about the movie was Eli Roth... His face just annoys me and I hate his acting... Blech!....

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to seba_boi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Stalker

What an amazing film. Anyone else seen this?

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3