Just Watched - Page 29

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Just Watched

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Watching the new version of Hunter x Hunter, because it's a Jump series on my list (It's also from the same guy who made Yu Yu Hakusho). From what I've seen, I don't even like it. But this bit stood out to me.

Original comic (1998)

For anyone confused, you read from right to left.

Just Watched

Anime adaptation (1999)

Anime adaptation (2011)

Only a url because I can't post more than 1 video per post. I forgot when they started doing that, but whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWLvCLk5zOs

It really seems like anime these days seems to go out of their way to tone down violence or gore, but the more I think about it, it seems both versions had to do something to get approved by the censors. They just go about it in different ways with different results.

But at least the 1999 version SHOWS the heart, and follows the original scene to a t!

Last edited by Psychotime; February 1st, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Running Man. It's like Hunger Games but with class and sophisication and one liners and an obese opera singing rapist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Devil Inside. I was expecting something laughably bad, but it was nothing but bland and unremarkable.

I could swear the skeptic and the cop who loses his gun are the exact same actor.

Last Exorcism. Same type of movie, fake documentary supernatural horror movie. Just from 10 minutes in, the movie's already 10 times better than Devil Inside. The lead is an actual CHARACTER, with a backstory, personality, and legitimate motivation, and is a PROACTIVE individual that doesn't just stand around all day like a deer in headlights.

Granted, it's not a good movie, but it's not a bad one either. Until the ending. That was a stupid last 3 minutes. I could SWEAR there's a way to have made that twist work, but it just fails horribly in this movie.

Last edited by Psychotime; February 7th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought I'd try out this one anime I heard about before, called Michiko to Hatchin. About a kid who escapes her HORRIBLE foster family by essentially getting kidnapped by an escaped convict.

It's a completely original cartoon, not an adaptation of a comic or anything. And it came out in 2008.

Only one episode in, no idea where it can go from here. I'll watch more some other day.

It takes place in South America, which is interesting for a Japanese cartoon to attempt.

Here's the OP.

Anyway, to stick with my demon possession kick, I finally tried to watch Paranormal Activity 3. As I said before, I really liked the first one (but was so disappointed to realize that it has no replay value at all), and the second one had more characters, which made it more entertaining. The thing that makes the movies good is the fact that it's so down to earth with it's premise and it FEELS realistic, and it's never boring to see the events play out. Even the endings (which I think are cliched and pandering) never feel too out of place, because the movies always build up to them.

THIS movie lost me right when it started playing the tape. This movie seriously expects me to believe that a camcorder home video from 1988 was filmed in 16:9 format at 1080p resolution.

Just Watched

I'd complain about it in any movie, but given what I JUST said about this series, you can understand why it's a horrible move from the get go.

And then we see Micah's actor appear as some dude at Katie's eighth birthday...I just had to throw up my hands and say "fuck it." I'm not watching this trash. What the fuck were they thinking when the decided to cast that actor ANYWHERE in this prequel, let alone have an isolated scene where he talks to the person holding the fucking camera? Am I not supposed to recognize him because of his beard? Holy shit!

Last edited by Psychotime; February 7th, 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just remembered that Tarantino supposedly has a foot fetish.

I still haven't noticed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    V/H/S

It wasn't bad at all. The only segments I found enjoyable were "Amateur Night" (you know EXACTLY how it'll turn out, but it's so hilarious that it's worth it) and "10/31/98". The rest were meh, but not terrible. Some of them were a little too similar to each other, and it doesn't help that basically all the characters are the usual generic assholes you see in horror movies. But it wasn't a bad sit.

See, Paranormal Activity 3? You CAN still make a found footage movie that looks like actual VHS footage! Why couldn't YOU? The Skype segment had NO place in a movie called V/H/S, though.

Last edited by Psychotime; February 22nd, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Artist.

Decent enough movie. Really cool premise, but I'd be lying if I said I was blown away by it.

( Click to show/hide )

BANG!

Last edited by Psychotime; February 25th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just watched the newer episodes of...

Black Mirror.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2085059/?ref_=sr_1

One of the better things that has ever been on telly.

UK users should go to 4OD and watch the whole thing, overseas users should spoof their IP or seek alternatives.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror/4od

Edit: while you're on 4OD, Peep Show, Brass Eye are amazing, Utopia and Dead Set are good..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I finished watching Carnivale only to realize a third season never happened, FML, i hate loose ends.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished watching Afro Samurai, both the series (only 5 episodes) and the movie.

Help me improve, critiques and criticism are welcome:
    My sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Koyaanisqatsi. I think the title translates to "82 minutes of environment reference"

Just Watched

Just Watched

Just Watched

Just Watched

It's worth watching.

Last edited by Psychotime; February 26th, 2013 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wreck It Ralph. Finally decided to sit down and watch the thing. I have to say I haven't watched any contemporary animated movies in a long long time (and a few parts of the movie remind me exactly why).

It's ok. Vanelope should have been rewritten into something less annoying and with a different voice (preferably someone NOT Sarah Silverman). All the other characters were fine.

It was really disappointing how the whole "Ralph gamehopping" stuff only takes up a 30 minutes of this 100 minute movie. The rest is just Sugar Rush, which isn't what I expected from the premise.

With the money you KNOW Disney had to shell out for those cameos, you'd think they'd do something with them.

Here's a problem: If the assistant sour whatever KNEW that King Candy had literally messed around with the game's coding and locked everyone's memories. Is he really so much of a tool that he never once QUESTIONS that? The other Sugar Rush characters get a free pass, because they don't seem to be aware of what's really going on.

I just screams of a lazy way to give exposition.

Last edited by Psychotime; March 2nd, 2013 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cabin in the Woods. I liked it a bit. I'd like it more if I actually cared about the slasher genre, but I only watched it because I knew the joke.

I wonder what it would have been like if the whole concept was a big twist near the end instead of the viewers having an idea of what's happening from the get go, but there's no way they'd do that, given how old and tired the tropes it parodies are.

Christmas Evil. It was one of the first slashers about a crazy man who dresses up like Santa and goes around killing people and trying to break into houses to drop off presents. Yeah, it came out four years before Silent Night Deadly Night. The ending is SO worth it, I'm not even kidding. You will NOT see it coming. Hell, EVERYTHING that happens in the last 15 minutes you don't see coming!

Last edited by Psychotime; March 3rd, 2013 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Watched Looper a week ago and again last night.
    wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did I held of watching it in cinema's for the women in black at first and have only gotten ahold of it now, it certainly washed away the shit that was die hard 5 from my memory.

levitt and willis friggin nail the character of joe, while levitt doesnt look that much like willis ,personality wise I think he play's younger joe perfectly.
    Also love all the other actor's abe was my favorite even if he didnt get all that many scenes I also suprisingly liked the kid's performance don't find many good child actor's.

Favorite part about the movie though is the way they use time travel, if time travel was ever created i could actually see it being used like this.
    the time travel itself is confusing it seems to lend itself to different timelines rather then 1 straight path where doing something changes everything, I dunno it's really hard ot explain the time travel aspect but there's really no way to make a time travel movie make complete sense, it makes sense and works in its own way.

Oh and yeah also watched die hard 5
    reaction
    Just Watched
    Die Hard 4 was worse by a bit imo but that movie was so bad it's good this is just boring as fuck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cabin in the Woods is the best horror movie in years. It's up there with Drag Me To Hell and Evil Dead 2. It's clearly inspired by Scooby Doo. Usually that's not a good thing, but in this case it works.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Life of Pi is pretty as f*** , its overall a well balanced, entertaining movie.

And is pretty as f***

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Life of Pi had better be. Rhythm and Hues went bankrupt making it pretty. They must have really loved working on it. You'd think they'd just phone it in and wrap it up asap once they started losing money. R&H deserved a spot in the oscars memorium.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven´t read too much into the issue but i can seriously say that it had some of the most beautiful work put into vfx that i´ve ever seen. The tiger must have been a trip to hell and back, it wasn´t just cool looking like you´d expect from current vfx, but surprisingly convincing too, my jaw was dropping every other scene.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Recently i watch the movie "OZ the great and powerfull". The movie is in 3D format and i like it allot and enjoy every single moment of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The second half of How to Train Your Dragon-I've had an aversion to Dreamworks due to the third Shrek, but this was pretty good.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Watched Batman Under the Red Hood a little while ago, god I looove John D maggio's joker, got all the comedy of the Joker with the voice and sadistic nature of Ladd Russo, Loved him. Also liked the guy playing the red hood his voice fit the role pretty nicely and the animation was very nice.
    Overall not much I can really say but good film and dear god do I want Maggio to play more Joker roles.

I also watched Iron man 3 a little while back as well, bit silly but very enjoyable as always Robert Downey is the glue that hold's the films together imo getting rid of him would be like getting rid of Captain Jack from pirates of the carribean the movie would just fall apart.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just finished watching a "Community" marathon. It was fun. Also, seems Dan Harmon is coming back for the next season!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 757 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Star Trek - Into Darkness.
    Pretty sequences of 3D mayhem alternating with exposition-heavy scenes of characters making blubbing declarations about the emotional significance of what has just happened. Confused by unresolved sub-plots whose only function was to conveniently manoeuvre the plot to a point that we might even care, only to be resolved by no less than three deus ex machinas. But the greatest shortcoming was the poorly focused main jeopardy - the deadliest of sins you can commit in the action adventure genre.
    One or two good jokes helped to make this incompetent mess just about bearable. The best was when Scottie is half way through the word 'shit' and they jump cut to the doors of the bridge sliding open to onomatopoeically complete the word.
    That image sums up the film perfectly - The shit in the script patched over by smart special effects.

From Gegarin's point of view
    http://www.chrisbennettartist.co.uk/

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Bennett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scarecrow with Pacino and Hackman..Damn that some underrated stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are great adaptations of the comic. I had no idea!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm done with super movies for a while. Ironman 3 and Man of Steel felt like fan service. You can tell Hollywood has taken all of the successes and turned them into a recipe. They're becoming a monster. The sad thing is Hollywood is cutting back on everything else. Lincoln was almost released on HBO because it wasn't "epic" enough for theaters.

Speilberg and Lucas want to raise ticket prices to $50. Because they want to spend more money on worse movies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yup that's what they do! Milking that cow!
    I just watched Mystery team and I loved all the stupidity! Great comedy!
    Tonight I will watch apocalypse now! I never saw it! I know! what the @&#$ right?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do have to say those big ass movies had a good run. It was amazing they were any good to begin with. Oh well every flower wilts given enough time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just finished watching Spirited Away.

Formerly Ultimatum.

A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    -Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 790 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I thought Iron Man 3 was quite enjoyable. I liked that it had more Tony Stark and less action, or what I like to call "people punching each other in the sky". (Though the end was a little much.)

Superman was kinda average, less story and more special effects.

Star Trek was abysmal. It was all flashing lights and macho posturing - no substance at all.

And yet I'm somehow excited for Pacific Rim. I mean, it's basically Transformers fighting Godzilla.. what could go wrong?!

Oh and last night I saw Byzantium. I can't help but compare it to Interview with a Vampire, which I think is just awesome. Byzantium was okay.. not fantastic but not terrible either. I think it could have been pretty awesome if they'd dropped the teenage emo angle and just went full Anne Rice style. I felt like it was kind of stuck between two demographics and couldn't decide exactly who it was catering to.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3