Just Watched - Page 19

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Watched

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    spam.

Last edited by Black Spot; June 23rd, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 887 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Saw Disney/Pixar's Brave yesterday.

In general, I thought is was pretty entertaining.

Yet, Disney's continuous romanticizing of feudalism while simultaneously lecturing us about modern concepts such as personal freedom and individual choice is an inherently annoying Disney-kinda-thing. . .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I've held it off for way too long, but I'm starting the Rocky series. Just the first four, though. Can't say I care about watching 5 or 6 (though I hear 6 is the closest to the original compared to all the others, so I might change my mind when I get to that point).

...I know that continuity wise I should ignore any "long lasting" injury he accumulates, because as I've heard they're just cheap plot points tossed in for short term drama until the next fight.

Just finished the first one. Decent. I honestly teared up a little bit in the scene before the fight, where Rocky confesses to Adrian that he's only trying to prove to himself how far he can go, which is the entire theme of the movie. Rocky "won" in the end, but not in a traditional sense.

I heard that Rocky II really ups the idiot levels for the character for whatever reason. He was never someone you'd call "smart", but in Rocky II we've got scenes where he'll say crap like "Condominiums? I never use those." Burns up all of his money, buys a damn dog collar for a bracelet. And there's some kind of running gag at the beginning where everyone says he has brain damage. Hell, he proposes to Adrian AT A ZOO. There's no way that was an accidental callback to one line from the first movie.

Yeah, I'm watching Rocky II as I type this, but it's really clear that this was the direction Stallone himself wanted to bring his character. All the first half of the movie does is establish how much of an idiot Rocky is. Sure, he's still a nice guy and he means well, but he feels like a different character here.

Either way, Rocky II is ok. The retina issue clearly gets retconned out in the next movie, and the subplot with Adrian and her complications during her pregnancy were really cheaply tossed in there for quick drama that sorts itself out before the climax, but the movie's what you expect. The fight is more dramatic here than the first movie, I gotta say, but that's because Rocky is actually supposed to win this one.

Next up, Hulk Hogan and Mr. T! Aw yeah, this is when the series starts to get silly!

Last edited by Psychotime; July 1st, 2012 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The thing I can't stand about watching Rocky is how everybody blocks punches with their jaw. I do like the transition of the character through the series though. Don't skimp on Rocky 5, I thought it did a good job of showing what happens when you block punches with your head long enough. I still need to see Rocky 6.

On another note I just watched the Hunger Games. Not as bad as I thought it would be. The action didn't feel cheap. I didn't care for world building though. Science fiction is a bit of a tight rope. Too far in one direction and it's unrelatable, too tar in the other direction, you don't you don't get a sense of future.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    EXistenZ, good reality twisting Philip K Dick homage with some creepy concept design.

Be nice to see The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, the Zap Gun, Psiman Heal my Child given cool b movies too.

The Future of Gaming

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    The thing I can't stand about watching Rocky is how everybody blocks punches with their jaw.
    As far as I can tell it's only Mr. T who does that.

Man, Rocky III was fun. It was certainly lacking when it comes to character, but Mr. T had me laugh out loud every scene he appears, it was really sad to lose Mickey, I loved having Apollo turn into an ally (favorite trope), and everyone knows Eye of the Tiger is a badass song. Plus Rocky's not an idiot in this one.

Oh yeah, now for the one I've been really waiting for: Rocky ending the Cold War!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, this may sound like blasphemy, but Rocky IV wasn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped. Only 1/3 of the movie has anything interesting going on, the second 1/3 is all montages, and the last 1/3 is just the final fight.

After Apollo dies, nothing happens for the rest of the movie. Yeah, there are memorable lines, Drago is intimidating, Apollo's death was sad, the Cold War backdrop is amusing to me, as well as Rocky's weak "moral" at the end. But the previous movie is much more entertaining in every way. If you ask me, of the sillier entrees in the series, IV is very lacking compared to III. Having watched the four movies in a row, Rocky IV has to be the lowest on my list.

I heard people don't like V much, though. And from what I've seen those same people have a soft spot for IV.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 3rd, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    Ok, this may sound like blasphemy, but Rocky IV wasn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped. Only 1/3 of the movie has anything interesting going on, the second 1/3 is all montages, and the last 1/3 is just the final fight.
    *gasp*
    But that's the best part, I love the montages and the fight in the movie! Actually when I watch it I usually just skip straight to the Siberian "pulling horses from the snow" montages.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But the cluster of montages in that movie were just filler. We get a montage of Rocky's history with Adrian, a montage of his history with Apollo, his history with Mickey, and his whole career. We even see Spider Rico again. Seriously, Spider Rico!

And once the flashbacks are done, we get a training montage where he climbs mountains, chops wood, and grows a nice beard before shaving it off. The training montage is required, but I was seriously tired after the flashback overload.

"Hearts on Fire" isn't a good song, either.

Anyway, if anyone ever watches the show Dirty Jobs, I recommend the Lobster Fishing/Snake Researcher episode. It's my absolute favorite.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 3rd, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just watched the entire Sherlock BBC series. It's easily one of the best things I've see in 2012. It plays kind of like House but the character is much more relatable in that you can tell he at least cares for the people closest to him. The mysteries are fun, the relationships are touching, and it's always, always, always entertaining.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the iron giant. it was awesome. perfect maybe.

and WWE: Greatest Rivalries - Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart, also funny and interesting and surprisingly moving.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Spiderman 3. Its an ok movie, but I found it better than the other 3 Spiderman movies. There's still quite a few problems with it, but well...I fell asleep on the first movie, thought the 2nd one was over-dramatic, but the best of the 3 and the last movie was just a mess.

However, other than the upgraded graphics, and more modern, down to earth characters...it doesn't bring anything new or exciting imo. With more Superhero movies coming out, it needs to stop with the cliches of major battle scenes on skyscrapers and stuff.

It's a decent flick for the summer, the fight scenes were well done, as was his web slinging, but they should have brought more to the table for Peter Parker's personality like really got his nerd/science stuff down.

I really liked Gwen Stacy in this though. Much better than MJ who I felt was just...there to be there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Soul Eater.

Didn't like it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Soul Eater.

Didn't like it.
    It keeps getting recommended to me on Netflix and I had watched one ep and was like...meh...this is too cliche.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's ok, at least up to the point before it chooses to diverge from the original comic due to necessity (talked enough about that earlier). But even then it's not good. It's particularly frustrating how little it makes use of it's own premise.

I keep hearing that it's best to stick with the comic, but having looked at the early chapters I hate the heavy fanservice (the cartoon really toned it down) and the drawings are really weak. But one thing I will give it after deciding to jump around a bit is that the drawings improve very fast (thanks to the format) and the creator has some interesting ideas that the cartoon never bothered with.

It was one of those shows where I said I'd eventually watch it, and I like to keep my word.

Speaking of which, I also ended up watching Puella Magica Madoka a good while ago. It's most certainly overrated (good lord, the kind of praise that show gets), but as long as you avoid the fandom over-hyping minor plot points and sucking the fun out of the show in general, it's ok for what it is.

Madoka's the show that reminded me WHY I don't associate with most anime fans, real life or internet.

Bah, I should finish the Rocky series while it's still fresh in my head. Just two more to go.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 7th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Get Smart (The original show)-Fucking hilarious

Blame the Samba from Melody Time-One of the better parts of that movie.

Clancy the Bull (Terrytoons cartoon)-Underrated and pretty funny.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rocky V was better than I thought it'd be. I still like the first three movies better, but at least it's a step up from IV. Outside of how forced it is to have Rocky suddenly lose his riches thanks to a crooked accountant, the movie was ok once you get over that. And it's the first time I feel the series has ever had a true villain (well, two in this case), and I'm pretty sure that sounds strange.

Clubber Lang wasn't anything other than a cocky disrespectful jackass with anger issues (and really fun).

Ivan Drago was intimidating (and guilty of manslaughter, not murder), but I never saw him as a character who made it his mission to be either of those. Apollo's death wasn't on purpose. It was established that he was getting old and hadn't spent enough time training up before his fight. I have a hard time calling Drago "evil" in any sense.

Tommy Gun and the Don King parody were characters fueled by big egos, malice, and greed. That puts them on a different level than the other antagonists of the series and they both had a personal issue with Rocky, unlike the other two who only got personal because of COINCIDENCE.

The 90's music is ok but feels so WRONG in a Rocky movie. I'm kinda scared of the stuff I'm gonna hear in VI.

VI isn't on instant Netflix, so it looks like I'll have to go to Blockbuster or something.

Reservoir Dogs was ok. I feel like there was more to the characters than the story ever wanted to show us.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 8th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Recent movies:
    Brave - was pretty "meh" to me. Honestly, I was kind of disappointed in it mostly because the story wasn't anything great. I guessed the rest of the plot at least 20 minutes in. However, while Pixar went a bit on the safe side of storytelling, the animation was absolutely gorgeous.
    The Amazing Spiderman - was also "meh," but mostly because they had the crutch of retelling Peter Parker's background story again. If they weren't inclined to do that, it would have been much better. But alas, a reboot is a reboot. I'm just glad that Toby Maguire is gone. I couldn't stand him. -___-;

A bit off-topic (especially since I haven't actually seen it yet), but I'm going to be attending the Legend of Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses soon. c: Nerds galore!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SamTurtle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How the new spiderman exists just baffles me. They are making the same movie, but taking out the sillyness. Can't they just call it "Pay Us Again to watch SpiderMan" I understand Sony's urge to make a quick buck, but can't they just move forward rather than rewind. But I guess anything is better than the fuck up of spiderman 3. That one could use a mulligan.

Too bad about brave. Everybody has told me how disappointing it is. I might still see it though. I just won't be expecting much.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; July 9th, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    How the new spiderman exists just baffles me. They are making the same movie, but taking out the sillyness. Can't they just call it "Pay Us Again to watch SpiderMan" I understand Sony's urge to make a quick buck, but can't they just move forward rather than rewind. But I guess anything is better than the fuck up of spiderman 3. That one could use a mulligan.

Too bad about brave. Everybody has told me how disappointing it is. I might still see it though. I just won't be expecting much.
    Well it's kinda obvious Sony wants to hold on to the Spiderman property. As I said, it's not great...it's not "grand" but it's better than all of the Raimi movies.

The biggest reason is it takes out the blatant sexism crap. Maybe I could have been ok with it in the first movie. After all the Burton Batman just had Vicki Vale screaming for half the movie.

But the women were such bad cliches, and granted most of the movie is full of that...but the women were extra cliched. The women were utterly worthless unless they were to be saved, star in wet t-shirt kisses, to be flung around comically...and in Spiderman 2...why the fuck didn't Doc Oc's wife just move the fuck out the way? Now we get a shot of her SCREAMING at fucking Glass.

"OH GOD GLASS MY MORTAL ENEMY"

I think if anything people should be ashamed to praise the Raimi movies as the "best thing ever" considering how utterly sexist it is. Go back and watch them and it's just really full of glaring problems. Are the movies fun? Well yeah...but are there characters you can relate? For me it was a hell no. Raimi's movie came just after 9/11 so I believe part of the love and nostalgia is from that.

However, it really was kinda a repeat formula of Batman. Other than seeing Superheroes on the big screen and taking out the weird or ...flamboyant parts of Batman - it was kinda the same movie.

As I said Amazing Spiderman brings nothing new to the table, because of the sheer amount of Superhero movies, and Marvel has shown how to step up the game - Spiderman is an utter disappointment compared to that. However - this is just..average in terms of the scale of the superhero movies.

It's definitely not as bad as Green Lantern or Iron Man 2 (which was...kinda bad though I did like parts of it) it is worse than Nolan Ryan's Batman movies (well...I did have issues with Batman Begins honestly and was a bit irritated with the dragging out ending of Dark Knight), and the Avengers, Thor, Capt America. It has a very weak villain and for whatever bad editing reasons, the scale of "happenings" were rushed or glossed over. Maybe because "oh we've seen this before...but have to retell it"

But I could FINALLY relate to most of the characters. They felt like...well people. The women are treated with respect in my opinion. Aunt May isn't some retirement home lady that gives advice and knits (and the irony is I went back and watched the Raimi movies and slapped my forehead when I saw May knitting...since I was just thinking about old people stereotypes...it actually happened in the movie!). She has a job and works. Aunt May and Uncle Ben actually look like an aunt and uncle, vs Grandparents.

Gwen Stacy is like one of the best things to come out of superhero movies in a while. She's like a 2nd to Black Widow. It was like "THAAAAANK YOU!!!"

The after credits stinger was...worthless, the villain was not well explained and rushed, the editing could be better and yes you will feel like you're re-treading the same plot points of his origin...but at least I can respect this movie despite its problems. I can't say the same for the Raimi ones.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...zing-spiderman

Last edited by Arshes Nei; July 9th, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting. What did they do with Gwen Stacy?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting. What did they do with Gwen Stacy?
    They gave her a brain for one.

I'd say she's about as smart or smarter than Peter Parker.
    She's into science too.

She could also reasonably defend herself. She wasn't there to scream. What she said at the end was a hell of a lot smarter handling than the stupid back and forth with MJ and Parker in Raimi's movies.

I think the Bum's synopsis is hilarious but somewhat accurate.

Like I said this isn't the GREAT of Superhero movies - I get the "rebooted too soon" vibe. I get the "we've seen this before" origin story. I agree that it wasn't as epic as other superhero movies. Those are some failings. It needed better editing decisions. I loved the action though. I think the score could have been better...just seems like "just another movie score"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    They gave her a brain for one.

I'd say she's about as smart or smarter than Peter Parker.
    She's into science too.
    So more like in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon?

Setting the Lizard on fire with a aerosol torch sounds like a badass scene. I remember hearing that there's also a scene where Dennis Leary unloads a shotgun on him as well. It's always great when supporting characters do cool stuff as well.

EDIT: Parker seriously puts his name on his camera? Wow.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 9th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So more like in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon?
    I actually have not watched that cartoon. But looking at what's there, somewhat. No glasses though.

However, I actually kinda like the "updated nerds" meaning they're not all Krelborns...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    However, I actually kinda like the "updated nerds" meaning they're not all Krelborns...
    I think that comes down to how everyone defines "nerd". I never thought the word just meant a smart person. I always thought the word (and "geek") denoted things like crippling social ineptitude and general unattractiveness in appearance, mannerisms, ect, which is what makes characters like Krelborn and Urkel fit the mold of "nerd". The whole braininess aspect (not sure about Krelborn, but whatever) is a side effect, if it even exists at all for the character.

I must have it wrong, because it does seem that in entertainment the "nerd" is the person who wears glasses and makes good grades. But that makes me ask, what about a character like Screech from Saved by the Bell? He was the nerd of the group, wasn't he? (Never watched that show, just the first thing to come to mind.) Maybe it's just a case of a slang term evolving?

EDIT: Oh wow, there's an actual wikipedia page on that word? Seriously?

But I'm just starting to ramble.

Thought I'd knock some more stuff off my list, and watch another Don Bluth movie. It's been a long while. As I've said before, I have memories of some of the movies, but it's been over 10 years since I've ever bothered with any of them. This time All Dogs Go to Heaven.

Ugh, I felt like quitting after the first 15 minutes. Rock-a-Doodle was certainly bad, but I could still SIT THROUGH that one without a problem and still be entertained because of how hilariously bad it is. The truth is I can't say I care at all about Don Bluth. Yeah, he made a name for himself, but that doesn't mean I have to care about his work.

The set up is freakin WEIRD. A seedy underground gambling ring owned by dogs set in 1939 New Orleans? A kid that can somehow talk to animals so the dogs use her to fix the animal races? Apparently the outcome of all animal races is a joint decision by the racers themselves? A gold watch just sitting there that allows you to negate your death at the price of losing your spot in the afterlife?

I may not have liked NIHM all that much, but I could get behind the premise until the magic crap came into play. This one is just...damn. EVERY plot point or concept in this movie gives me a headache. Even little stuff throws me for a loop, like Carface having RETRACTABLE CLAWS. And blech, Bluth's crew could NOT keep up with Disney in the song department. The songs in this movie feel so shoehorned in and halfassed. Rock-a-Doodle had better songs than this. Yeah, isn't it sad that I constantly compare it to THAT one?

The only thing I found worthwhile was the 2 minutes where Charlie goes to Hell. I wonder if I can find any of the backgrounds from that scene.

And I had this question in the back of my head for a long time (just needed to finally rewatch the movie to confirm it), but wasn't there a better way to portray Charlie's murder and not make it obvious that you weren't allowed to show his corpse flying? We never should have had a front shot of that car soaring off the dock like that if they were gonna have his corpse disappear (the characters apparently saw it fly, but not us). I don't think I'm nitpicking at all.

This sort of thing comes into play again when Carface uses a tommy gun that shoots lasers. No really, they call it a laser. It destroys property, but makes laser sounds and the bullets are a bright flash of light. It was obviously a censorship issue.

I remember reading that due to censorship issues, Bluth went to a different distributor that allowed him to get away with a little more, but clearly the new one still wasn't lenient enough about it. It makes me wonder how much they could have gotten away with if they had free range to do anything under the sun, because I'm pretty sure they would have taken it. Wouldn't have made the movie any better, but regardless. Imagine a kids movie with drug dealers and prostitutes. That are dogs. What kind of drugs would dogs use, anyway?

Speaking of drugs; god damn, that Big-Lipped Alligator. That has to be the weirdest pseudo-filler I've seen in a long time (because all said and done it adds to the plot). I would love to see the back and forth that resulted in that scene.

Guh. I don't like Don Bluth. I can appreciate him, but that's it. I think that's the last one I'll be bothering with.

EDIT: Holy crap, I'm 30 minutes into the pilot of Sherlock and the character's amazing. No idea why I had to see a scene of him whipping a corpse with...whatever they call that thingie, that's a weird way to introduce your genius detective, by making him look deranged. But the writers are on top of their game to write up all of his detections. And the actor has to be really good to be able to recite all that dialogue perfectly. Dude's so fast I had to turn on subtitles in order to keep up with him but it's so worth it.

I found the way phone texts just show up on the screen like that to be jarring (works in comics, but not film), but I got used to it when I realized that it's much more efficient than a shot of the character looking at their phone every single time, and seeing how it takes place in 2010 it makes perfect sense for characters to text each other all the time, regardless of how much I personally refuse to adapt to the technology (I'm weird, if you didn't know by now).

I took too long to give this show a go. It's kinda cool how every episode is 90 minutes long. I like that.

I can point out one problem with the first episode, though. Apparently I wasn't supposed to realize that the killer was a taxi driver until he shows up at Sherlock's apartment, er...why on earth would I think it was a PASSENGER? What kind of sense does that make? The script messed up, there.

Ok, having finished the first episode, the killer was weak, if you ask me. So he's a serial killer who brings people out to random places, puts a gun to their head and makes them play a game of chance, where they take one of two pills. Supposedly only one is deadly. That sounds hokey to me.

So if the alternative is apparently getting shot, didn't it cross any of the victim's minds to realize that it's not in his favor to do that, and it's completely in his favor for you to die from the game instead? The minute something like that happens, the cops can trace the bullet and immediately have something to start from. You die from poisoning yourself by your own hand, he's basically scott free and the only way the police would think someone else was responsible is when they notice a pattern, but even then it still very unlikely he'd ever get caught. If you're gonna die, you might as well take the bullet instead of doing yourself in. It's better for everyone, besides the killer himself. If I had that choice, I'd rather be shot than to have my family think I committed suicide. The lesser of two evils by far.

The gun turns out to be fake, too. But I'll ignore that for the sake of the argument. Heh, imagine if someone didn't do the game and either fought the elderly taxi driver with a brain aneurism or just...ran. Well there were only four victims total, maybe if things went on longer then he'd have the scheme finally backfire on him.

I don't know, I guess you wouldn't think straight under that kind of pressure. It's probably a psychological thing that makes the victims choose the game. Any of them ever ponder if both pills were poison and the killer could fake taking his own pill (we're talking about a serial killer who makes a game out of it, who's to say he doesn't cheat)? I think that it'd have been good to get a flashback or something to really show how the killer did what he did: how he presented the situation to each of his victims and how it would play out.

How does it go? They choose the pill, the killer eats his (or pretends to), cocks the gun and goes "Your turn" after proving that he won the game and ate the "clean" pill by not dying? Why eat it? Just take the bullet! It's gonna be quicker and more painless than poisoning yourself! Your loved ones won't be in pain for the rest of their lives BLAMING THEMSELVES over what the police rule out as a suicide!

And if the order is they choose a pill and take theirs first, the killer himself loves to gloat about how much smarter he is than everyone else, so I seriously doubt he'd pull this sort of dick move. But if we want to assume he went this way, then I doubt I'm the only person who'd go "Fuck this, just shoot me."

You see where I'm getting at? This plan just doesn't work! And I'm convinced they didn't show the killer in the act because they realized they wrote themselves in a corner. They must have been too busy writing up Shelock's awesome deductions.

Did he trap them in the car when he took them to the random spots? I GUESS he can do that? Maybe taxis can do that to make sure someone doesn't run off without paying? I don't know, I've never used a taxi in my life. Buses, yes. Taxis, no.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 10th, 2012 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought the Raimi movies were good old stupid fun, like spiderman is supposed to be. It blatantly follows the old timey melodrama formula of "dastardly villain ties damsel to train tracks, don't worry the hero will save her". That formula has worked since THE BEGINNING OF TIME. Sure it's a little sexist, but nothing worse than nearly anything marketed directly towards women.

I'm not going to defend those movies too much, because it's easily Raimi's weakest work. But nothing can live up to Evil Dead 2.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Chinese Mafia episode of Sherlock was better (as in I have nothing to nitpick), but the novelty from the first episode wore off, so it just felt like I was going through the motions. Ah well. I'll check out more as I go along.

That scene at the beginning with Holmes fighting some crazy dude with a sword who broke into his house felt out of place, though. I GUESS it was supposed to be funny? Not really the kind of humor I expect (or want) when I'm watching a crime show like this. Now if it was in Psyche, it'd be funny. I'm just really picky, I know.

I was expecting Holmes' brother to show up again, and the police captain along with the sergeant and coroner that both hate Holmes' guts. With every episode being 90 minutes, I'd expect them to show up and do stuff each one, even if it's something minor.

EDIT: Hmm. Seems Netflix only has the first season available. That's disappointing. Means I only have one more episode I can watch.

Last edited by Psychotime; July 10th, 2012 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Saw the new Spiderman last night.

Much MUCH better than the 3 before. I think doing the reboot was worth it, specially after...Spiderman 3

If there is a 3D movie were the "in your face", "stuff coming out directly at you from the screen" approach works is obviously Spiderman.

The swinging, the web slinging, skyscrappers and first persons were fun watching in 3D.

Uncle Ben´s death was really touching, also liked Aunt May a lot. Even Stan Lee´s obligatory Cameo was really fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's the one thing I heard about the new Spiderman that the 3D was actually worth it. I had been most disappointing by most live action movies were the 3D was kinda bleh.

I know people who didn't watch it in 3D complained about "1st Person Swinging" this makes much more sense after hearing your review about the 3D (it's one of those where the effect is more present in 3D).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I heard that too about the 3D. I wanna see it in Imax if they have it.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 39