Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Watched

Thanks
    Daria- If there is one thing that Mtv got right, animated cartoons would be it. It's the epitome of smart writing, and I might have to get the box set.
    The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.
    Nintendo Network ID: FightingSeraph

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to FightingSeraph For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 449 Posts
    The Secret of Kells

Stunning in every way, seeing such beautifully crafted 2D animation was definitely something I've missed! Can't wait for the DVD.
    sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AsaB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Inception. Somehow, I like it better than The Dark Knight.
    I wish Christopher Nolan would have made the dream scenes a little more out there, but go see it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts
    Memories of a murder... possibly (one of) the best cop movie I've ever seen, loved it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zwarrior View Post
    Memories of a murder... possibly (one of) the best cop movie I've ever seen, loved it
    Weird.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Just watched the same movie today and I agree, quite a good movie .
    Last edited by D.C.; July 18th, 2010 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks
    ^DId you see OLdboy yet? I'm starting to watch a ton of Korean movies now because they're so great. but so far, I've seen A tale of two sisters, Memories of murder, and Oldboy. all three are reaaallly good.

Thanks
    ^DId you see OLdboy yet? I'm starting to watch a ton of Korean movies now because they're so great. but so far, I've seen A tale of two sisters, Memories of murder, and Oldboy. all three are reaaallly good.
    Yes, Oldboy's awesome. Don't know if you know, but it's part of a Vengance trilogy. I recently watched the other two movies and they're good (though Oldboy is definitely my favorite out of those three).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 850 Posts
    I didn't know Mr. Vengeance and Oldboy were related. Anyways those are the most intense movies I have ever seen. After watching them I seriously regretted it, but would I watch them again? Hell Yeah!

Thanks
    While Im waiting till I can get my hands on the whole Vengeance trilogy, I watched Donnie Darko for the first time. I avoided seeing it because the only people who I ever see talk about it are emo/goth/deviant art girls. Well a friend of mine convinced me to see and I did. its not bad, I was surprised to see so many recognizable actors in it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SouMeng View Post
    No country for old men

I loved that film. It's by the Coen brothers and I thought it was a notch better yet than their slightly similar older film, Fargo.

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh.... lol...
    Just Watched
    One of my favourite films ever, dying to read the book.

I've gone on a Coen Brother feast and over the last couple of weeks watched Fargo, Burn After Reading, A Serious Man and just last night, Barton Fink. Hopefully I'll soon be laying my hands on The Big Lebowski, which has regrettably somehow eluded me.

I have little doubt that the Coen Brothers are some of the best film writers around today. They're unbelievable story tellers.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Thanked 3,154 Times in 1,067 Posts
    I just watched American Psycho for the fourth or fifth time. The writing is poor in some areas and the quality of transition from one scene to the other varies. It also has some pacing issues but Bale's acting is great. He's really into the part and seems to have spent a lot of time perfecting each line. I get a kick out of watching him navigate the script without fumbling. In the hands of different writers and a new director, it could have been really really great. Bale is a really good actor between this and The Machinist.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 850 Posts
    While Im waiting till I can get my hands on the whole Vengeance trilogy, I watched Donnie Darko for the first time. I avoided seeing it because the only people who I ever see talk about it are emo/goth/deviant art girls. Well a friend of mine convinced me to see and I did. its not bad, I was surprised to see so many recognizable actors in it.
    Yeah who would'a thunk Patric Swayze was an actor. Perfect casting.

Thanks
    I watched Dune (the original, of course) again for the first time in a long while... I'm glad I did amazing film!

Thanks
    I watched Inception this week. Awesome. Confused the hell out of me in the beginning, but I love movies that force the audience to actively pay attention.

And also, ARTHUR FTW!

*coughs*

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Racquel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Michael Clayton. I've seen lots of good reviews for it, and I like George Clooney, so when this Netflix envelope arrived I was fairly excited. After seeing the movie, though...meh. It is wonderfully acted, and there are some brilliant exchanges of dialog, but...those scenes felt momentary and brief, outnumbered by the scenes in which people do things and you don't quite know who the people are and you don't quite get the significance of their actions. It actually did tie itself up pretty well and make sense in the end, but I really don't like this style of film making. It feels amorphous and distant, impersonal. And great as Tilda Swinton's performance was, I don't think she did enough or was on screen long enough to warrant an Oscar.

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast