Just Watched - Page 14
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Watched

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just saw the trailer for Green Lantern...ugh. Was the casting director high when they picked Ryan Reynolds? Ryan Reynolds?? He has about as much charisma as a tree stump. And he looked ridiculously uncomfortable and awkward in the fight scenes...almost as if he was suspended from the ceiling by wires and asked to kick at things that aren't really there...hmm...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    El chico que miente. The boy who lies.

A venezuelan film, really shamefull stuff, one of the worst acting i have ever seen.

Brother. Hermano was much worthy to watch, talking about recent stuff produced here, which usually sucks balls and really needs way more impulse.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Caddyshack. I don´t know why I sat down to watch this film. I don´t really know what to say about it. It was bad and good at the same time.

dpaint is online now Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,889 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really enjoying Game of Thrones on HBO. They put together a top notch cast and the writing so far has been faithful to the book and even tightens it up which I think is a good thing. Costumes and set are gritty and convincing.

The matte paintings are the only things that need work unfortunately. Nothing pulls you out of a story faster than a bad matte painting. Bad in the sense you go, oh look a matte painting! While it may be a beautiful painting it should be invisible to the viewer if it does its job right.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Akira on bluray- Totally worths it .

Quest for fire- Interesting movie, i liked it a lot in a way, funny monkey men way mostly, but yeah, it is interesting and full of texture.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,265 Times in 736 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    I'm really enjoying Game of Thrones on HBO. They put together a top notch cast and the writing so far has been faithful to the book and even tightens it up which I think is a good thing. Costumes and set are gritty and convincing.

The matte paintings are the only things that need work unfortunately. Nothing pulls you out of a story faster than a bad matte painting. Bad in the sense you go, oh look a matte painting! While it may be a beautiful painting it should be invisible to the viewer if it does its job right.
    Enjoying it too. The cast is great! Nice to see so many Brits in a big HBO production. Sean Bean seems a bit er... 'sturdier' than his Sharpe days, but it works for the role and his Sheffield accent suits the 'Northerness' of the Starks. Paul Inglis and Gemma Jackson have done a superb job in the AD dept.

Sadly Dire Wolves died out 10,000 years a go, so getting one as a puppy might be tricky!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I never saw any matte paintings. But then I didn't look very hard either...

I like Game of Thrones too. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the Dothraki arc. I think the actor they have for Daenerys is really bland and doesn't succeed at portraying her very well. And I feel like there have been quite a few character defining moments that have been left out. I felt both sex scenes which were pretty important for the plot were dumbed down quite a bit. And I missed the part where Viserys ends up walking behind the Khalasar. Obviously they're gonna have to speed things up a bit, but still... Other than that I like it pretty much. (And yeah, the dire wolves aren't exactly awe-inspring, but I guess it can't be helped )

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 8,359 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Adjustment Bureau

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The last film I watched was THX 1138. It was alright.
    Though after watching the special features, I feel like I'd appreciate it more a second time around.
    (Definitely glad that George Lucas chose to extend the shorter version he did while at USC.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Super. It was awesome, much better than Kickass. Emma Page and Rainn WIlson turned in great performances. I just wish they would stop it with the god damn badly hand drawn elements in these kids of Indie films.

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion shorts-A lot of people are familiar with this man through his movie work, but after seeing these for the first time; it makes you wonder why he never made more of them.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SUPER!

Holy eff, I feel like there's gotta be a thread on this somewhere. This was easily one of the darkest movies I've seen in a long time. Like, I can't in good conscience call it a "dark comedy", although that's kinda the idea.

For those unfamiliar, it stars Rainn Wilson (Yeah, Dwight from the office), Ellen Page (As a comic book store clerk riiiiight) Liv Tyler (as the love interest/damsel in distress) and Kevin Bacon as a drug kingpin in whatever town the protagonist lives in.

Punchline: Protagonist (Wilson) goes kinda bat shit and becomes a costumed crimefighter with hilarious, bloody and darkly messed-up results.

It's fucking... dark. I mean, it certainly has funny and quirky elements, but it ends on a very somber note for the viewer.

Also, I gotta say, I TOTALLY underestimated Rainn Wilson. He shows some serious depth here as a guy teetering on the edge of sanity and heroism.

*EDIT* Ha, just saw the above post by Timpatkins. Yes, great performances all around. Even Kevin Bacon as the slimy-yet-charismatic-enough-to-evoke-sympathy-while-still-being-a-totally-evil-dude thing was... unexpected.

Last edited by PaulGanguly; May 12th, 2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: I am a dumb, and I can't read.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Six String Samurai.

It was surprisingly good.. Though cheesy, which was I suspect on purpose. And that made it good. Rather wish there had been a sequel to it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ^ Liked Super a whole lot and Game of Thrones is just getting better every week, go HBO..

Just watched..

X-Men First Class Pretty groovy actually. I was kinda surprised by how not sucky this was, I blame the suckfest that was X3 for lowering my expectations.

Hanna
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993842/

Odd film, felt like I should be watching it in French, with subtitles.
    At times it feels like an unusually violent Chemical Brothers music video but at it's best it reminds me of something Luc Besson might have done back in the day, like when he was directing Angel-A, Leon or Nikita not when he was producing crap sequels to The Transporter..my limited html skills mean you'll have to highlight, right click then search Google for those, sorry. You should do it though because they're magnificent. Not Transporter though, it's not.

Watch it anyway, it's not an "action flick" it's actual "Cinema".

Last edited by Flake; June 11th, 2011 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake View Post
    ^ Liked Super a whole lot and Game of Thrones is just getting better every week, go HBO..

Just watched..

X-Men First Class Pretty groovy actually. I was kinda surprised by how not sucky this was, I blame the suckfest that was X3 for lowering my expectations.

Hanna
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993842/

Odd film, felt like I should be watching it in French, with subtitles.
    At times it feels like an unusually violent Chemical Brothers music video but at it's best it reminds me of something Luc Besson might have done back in the day, like when he was directing Angel-A, Leon or Nikita not when he was producing crap sequels to The Transporter..my limited html skills mean you'll have to highlight, right click then search Google for those, sorry. You should do it though because they're magnificent. Not Transporter though, it's not.

Watch it anyway, it's not an "action flick" it's actual "Cinema".
    I just watched X-Men First Class as well. I agree, it was quite a good movie. I didn't like the other xmen movies as much. I didn't hate them, but i felt like this seemed much better written. I really didn't think i would like it so much, but yes, it was very good :]

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Super 8, good movie , enjoyed every minute of it , definitely a must see

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    X-Men First Class - the only thing that bothered me is that shortly after Magneto says "I've been at the mercy of men just following orders." - Azazel and Riptide join Magneto, when they were just following Sebastian's orders, the man who killed Magnetos mother.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I would've thought Magneto would be a kind of pissed at those two, being in cohorts with Sebastian and all.

Last edited by Ryan K; June 13th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
    X-Men First Class - the only thing that bothered me is that shortly after Magneto says "I've been at the mercy of men just following orders." - Azazel and Riptide join Magneto, when they were just following Sebastian's orders, the man who killed Magnetos mother.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I would've thought Magneto would be a kind of pissed at those two, being in cohorts with Sebastian and all.
    Well the Magneto thing with the two joining him you have to remember that Magneto separates "man and mutant". Azazel and Riptide are mutants and therefore been under the same persecution he faced. The "following orders" remark is simply pointed at man and the soldiers subjecting him to all the pain he had growing up. Sure Kevin Bacon was the true cause in a sense but there's a clear line he's drawing as Magneto always has with Mutants.

On the note of the movie Xmen First Class though I absolutely loved it. I was watching it and I felt "This is what an Xmen movie should be" all the others just felt like catering to fanboys with no real decent foundational story. This one worked from the ground up and set everything very well. Drew you in to the characters I especially liked. Especially the Magneto Xavier relationship. At the end when "you know what" happened with the bullet I just pointed my hand to the screen saying. "Wow. That was good. That was a really good move" and explains a lot on Magneto's constant leniency towards Xavier whenever he could easily kill him in many situations.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just watched Fast Five yesterday for the third time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Started watching the anime Princess Tutu. I was a bit sceptical at first, despite good reviews, because it looked like just another magical girl shoujo series... But it's actually quite good. Nice blend of cute, funny, surreal and downright bizarre.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tobbA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 271 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Deathly Hallows part 2. The purist in me hated it story-wise but the action, cinematic shots and visual effects were ace like the rest of the HP movies. Acting was mediocre at best and cringe-worthy 90% of the time. I think there was only one time someone laughed during the entire movie and it was at fat Ron in the epilogue, heh!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:

SM

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let me in, which i thought was pretty nice and dark. It's always entertaining to see a vampire movie that doesn't go off the cliché route, they pulled that off well. Loved the photogrpahy in it, and that last scene in the pool. If anyone's seen the original Swedish version, could they tell me if the remake does justice to it? Thinking of seeing that too, but it always feels redundant to see the same story twice, if you know what i mean?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The finale of the Women's soccer world championship, which Japan won And Disney's Tarzan, once again. I love that film!

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the hundredth time.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lze334 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Fire in the sky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Haunted World of El Superbeasto- I know a lot of you will hate me for saying this, but I thought this was fucking hilarious.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Solomon Kane I don't know how that one slipped past me. It was pretty epic.

dpaint is online now Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,889 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Captain America
    Not as good as Iron Man in my opinion but well done for an origin story. I've never liked Joe Johnstons pacing as a director it always seems off to me.
    I was a marvel fan as a kid and I am loving all the movies, even the bad ones. Can't wait for Josh Whedons Avengers next year.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nobody is a bigger Avenger hater than me, but Joss Wheadon may trump my hatery. I'm sure even Dr. Doom would want to watch it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A good movie, for a change. Rise of the Planet of the Apes was better then I expected.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 20