Art: PLEASE HELP! (marker questions)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: PLEASE HELP! (marker questions)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

PLEASE HELP! (marker questions)

i actually just got a lot of cool grey, warm grey, and french grey markers and i swear to you i love them more than any colouring utensil in the world, it would be great if you guys could just toss some hints and tips my way, preferably from those more experienced with the markers in question. Im workin on a dragon for art-class, and its coloured using only micron pens and those beautiful prismacolour markers....one last question, if they seem to start drying up, even though I just got them, what should i do? I've heard alcohol, dipping the markers in alcohol that is. Well, thanks in advance for all replies.

Last edited by sin; November 1st, 2002 at 11:48 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Divide your drawing into planes of light, midtone and shadow. Figure out where your light source is, and block the planes with appropriate values. You may want to start with say %50 gray as your base, then go in with 60 or 70 for larger shadow areas (leaving really light areas white). Then further refine and model by breaking down the shadow planes with even darker (80 or 90) grays, and lastly punching up certain areas with the black (though use the black sparingly for you can over-use it easily).

As far as your markers drying up quickly, if you tend to draw on more obsorbant paper the tip will dry up. try using smoother rag or marker paper. However, it should replenish with dye. Rubbing alcohol may revive some markers.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by talos72; November 4th, 2002 at 02:53 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

heh

thanks a lot, friend.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.