Sketchbook: Nominus Expers' Scribblings
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Nominus Expers' Scribblings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nominus Expers' Scribblings

I'm actually nervous about posting anything on this site, even to a sketchbook. We'll see if my concern is baseless or not.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    " God has placed me on this earth to accomplish certain things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die."

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You shouldn't have any concern, the fact you started with a sketchbook ,and not somehwere else, means a whole lot to us.

But, for starters, break down anatomy, and purchase a book or two on anatomy, study tonal values, and shading. Bridgeman , hogarth , loomis, are all great names to study by!

One thing I think helps everybody , or well It helps me, is to just draw a bunch of stick figures, in all types of poses, just fill a page with them doin' just about everything.

Ev'sSketchbook for the lazy minded but willing!
    Help an artist, leave a critique.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Evxyza92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drunk sketch, last piece from 2008.

" God has placed me on this earth to accomplish certain things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die."

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Evxyza92 View Post
    You shouldn't have any concern, the fact you started with a sketchbook ,and not somehwere else, means a whole lot to us.

But, for starters, break down anatomy, and purchase a book or two on anatomy, study tonal values, and shading. Bridgeman , hogarth , loomis, are all great names to study by!

One thing I think helps everybody , or well It helps me, is to just draw a bunch of stick figures, in all types of poses, just fill a page with them doin' just about everything.
    Thanks, that means a lot to me. The stick figure idea has helped in the past, and I still use it when studying for some pieces; I guess I should use it more often xD

As for anatomy I've studied a lot, but I seem to have hit a roadblock lately; tonal values and shading I've barely studied at all I'm ashamed to say. I was hoping someone would point me in that direction; gut feeling's great and all, but a second opinion is always helpful.

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some colored work next, I think. Anthropomorphic creatures tend to get a bad rap, but I've seen some excellent work in that genre. The first piece was for a friend, the second is a self portrait, and the third is a cute, stylized critter that I sometimes use to represent myself. The colored works are a combination of watercolor and copic markers; graphite sketch and inked with a fountain pen.

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'nother sketch of a character I'm playing in my AD&D group. Post apocalyptic environment, couple of other tweaks. He's chaotic neutral and has access to all cleric spells dealing with life...or death. Because of his focus he gains spells at an accelerated rate. The bike is actually four-wheeled.

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Process

Process of a recent "portrait". I sell some work in the furry fandom, with my specialty being turning a person into their imaginary character or "fursona"; in essence, an anthropomorphic portrait. These are the stages I go through: A sketch study of the person's features and pose if photo reference is provided and notes on the species and its traits. I then translate that into a sketch, which I then ink. After inking I clean up the piece with an eraser and a brush, I tape it to my work surface using masking tape and saturate it with water to prepare it for watercolor. Once it's dry, I paint. I might post some more of these process things.

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keepitup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks ^__^ I like feedback on my work, and since I have some more pieces en queue I should be able to post a few more of these processes before too much longer. Any thoughts?

My Sketchbook

CA-FA-DA-AS-LJ

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.