Beware Of Your Imagination

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Beware Of Your Imagination

Last edited by niraky; May 16th, 2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work I think the giant signatures are a little distracting though. what people want to see is your artwork.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree that the signature is distracting just pop it in the lower right and make it smaller.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yup,,,details artwork bro...very2 nizzeee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Please stop with the sadly desperate overly big signature.

Your illustration is very ambitious, and I always respect that. There's a lot of interesting and attractive things you're doing in your piece. You do have strong mad skills!

However, I have a request. Can you please make your signature even bigger? I can still see the illustration beneath it!

Seriously, continue the good work that you're doing, but stop with the stupid ego bullshit G I A N T F U C K I N G LOOK AT ME! NOTICE ME!S I G N A T U R E !

Let your work speak for itself. People only care about your work when it's good, not when they're forced to read the giant signature billboard you've distractingly slathered brightly on your digital piece. Make your signature something that doesn't come across as looking like you're attempting to make your signature part of the overall composition. It makes you look terribly full of yourself.

It's literally an interruption to the composition, and a terrible distraction to the finished work.

That alone loses you all credibility.

Yuck.

Last edited by magnut; January 15th, 2009 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much for all the comments and feedbacks!! I'm very glad to know you guys like it!!

I'm really sorry for the big signatures, but let me explain why I did this:
    As this pictures are a W.i.P., they aren't finished yet. So, anyone can use them and continue the work, etc.; actually, I had this experience few months ago, when I posted an unsigned and unfinished work through a forum and a person stole a drawing of mine and showed as if was she who had done, without giving me credits.

So, no, magnut. I do not desperately want attention or to be selfish, seriously; I just don't want to go through that experience again and I really hope you understand this.

Last edited by niraky; January 19th, 2009 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    niraky,

I understand your concerns.

Remember, your posted work is time & date-stamped. It's sad that someone tries to pass off their work as their own on another site, but let them do it. Your billboard signature isn't going to change anything. If anyone does such a thing, just place a link to your earlier-posted piece, and be done with it.

At the same time, whenever you're trying to protect your work with that big signature while trying to get a critique on your work, of course everyone is still going to focus on that signature.

If you find evidence of this idiot actually making money off your work, then do something about it. Until then, don't spend so much time worrying about it. It's not worth that much time. Let Karma take care of that jerk.

As for the work, it's a very confusing piece. The foreshortening on the girl is very odd, and she's placed in such a way that does not make her look as if she's being flung around in the air (or whatever's happening). I don't get too much of a sense of depth yet (or of any actual movement), and I am wondering what the bizarre vertical offset strip is on the left side of the piece, which makes no sense.

Also, the book is butted up against that offset vertical strip, so it creates a very noticeable tangent.

It looks as what you've presented: a series of elements you placed here and there incrementally, not taking into account the overall composition all at once, trapping yourself into bad compositional corners along the way.

But as I mentioned before, you do have some great skills! There's a lot of stuff you do there very well, and that's a very good thing!

Good to know your ego's not out of control as I thought. But still, keep your ego strong and vigorous. It'll help you to take the kind of risks that you're doing now.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.