Athens riots and the shape sifted piece i did for those that will join them soon.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Athens riots and the shape sifted piece i did for those that will join them soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Athens riots and the shape sifted piece i did for those that will join them soon.

I call this piece the riot dance. In Athens of december 2008 i saw various videos of the rioting taking place. One reason was the death of a innocent young man who was killed by a cop. Im sure many othe reasons attest to the most recent riots. Most likely the worldly economic downfall. I expect soon other nations will be joining in this dance. Shape sifted ... This is the kind of work i find andrew jones style to be great to work in. I also had just purchased his fine arts video so this was great to do a little practice with.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...8&sa=N&tab=wv#

This vid i find to be crazy to see someone filming right as this is all going on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide.../dec/08/greece

http://crazymotion.net/riotschaos-in...RuWUr0jAy.html

Sketchbook: Link

Deviant art:
    Link
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did anyone watch any of these vidoes? Im suprised i thought this would be a topic of intrest.

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been running over the news here for awhile. Can't say that I'm impressed or that I support them.

But hey, it's their country...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I don't really know anything about the riots, this is the first time I've seen anything about em. However, I DO know that your picture is very good looking You should be very proud of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    L33t fl33t- Well weather you support them or not i think is pritty amazing that there are still people in this world that will stand up for what they belive in and work towards changing the outcomes of there lives even if its out of burning and breaking it down to rebuild. Really shows progression and that both sides really need eachother to equal out the equation of progression.

ChristianWeeks- Thanks very much for the comment i am very pleased with how it came out. I love when art brings out some form of knowledge and information so thats why i did it!

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    even if its out of burning and breaking it down to rebuild.
    I don't believe these youth in hoods will do much "rebuilding." Real hero's don't hide their faces.

Great work of art anyways.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm thats an interesting perspective. Alot of great people have done things unmasked. Just wanted to point out though that there are major arrests in protests like these. People are dragged out of class and other things on any sort of lead. I had a friend who was at a small riot (it was a party riot. Furthest it went was tear gas) that took place on campus where i live. He was photographing and afterwords he was confronted by one of the officers and told that he would have to give a copy of the photos to them otherwise it was witholding information and he could be detained. So i wouldnt necisarily call someone any less of a hero for wearing masks, bandanas, helmets ... to avoid the concequences. You also pointed out the youth and that they wont do any rebuilding but i belive that to be an understatement. Im just making an assumption that those who would tear something down just want reform before they would rebuild it back up. If someone angrily broke a mirror or threw things around in there room when there emotions were at high levels of energy i think that person would take place in the act of cleaning up. As for in a city it would result maybe other ways. Who knows maybe it will give someone a job that needed one to support there family. If you look at alot of the photographs too there is a very diverse selection of people taking place. hahah of course im sure alot of people are loosing pay fromt he destruction of there buisness. Im not trying to argue just trying to look at things in all directions.

Thanks very much on the comment about my work. I really appreciate it.

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    L33t fl33t- Well weather you support them or not i think is pritty amazing that there are still people in this world that will stand up for what they belive in and work towards changing the outcomes of there lives even if its out of burning and breaking it down to rebuild. Really shows progression and that both sides really need eachother to equal out the equation of progression.
    No, it's not amazing. Don't they have democratic elections? Referendums? Democracy?

Any fool can break shops and participate in riots. It takes quite a bit more than a street punk to build a "better world".

Sometimes I get the idea that democracy is a wasted concept - on both sides - the voters don't give a damn, the politicians don't either, but in a different way. And then, when all hell brakes loose, rioting and breaking things is the solution - really - constitutional monarchy is pretty fine for some if they want to bring change via violence.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this looks like arguing to me. Yes they do have democracy. Lets just use an example of venezuela and how when they elected Carlos Andr'es P'erez started doing things against what they had elected in him for. Extreme civil unrest took place. Revolts and man protests until in the end he fleed and Chavez came into office. So what im trying to point out is it doesnt always work out like the pritty picture says its going too. If you start loosing your job and you cant feed yourself or your family ... what are you going to do walk up to the government and ask them to stop. People do that but power is a manipulator. I belive in the peaceful way but some people dont. They would rather burn down a building stateing im hungry i want reform. Im sorry that i find it rather foolish to say- Any fool can break shops and participate in riots. It takes quite a bit more than a street punk to build a "better world"

What you say about democracy i have thought about too. Constitutions are interesting but they are just paper. After time those who learn to manipulate will find ways around it ... expecially with the increase in technoledgey and other forms. Ive always thought an evolving constitutions with the times was a great idea. One where everyone was picked at random like jurry duty to be an elected offical ... after like the age of 28 ... the schools would have to be reformed into places that really taught about libertys and various rights. This way when someone from any point in socety came into office they didnt want to screw up those rights for they could only be screwing them selves and those around them after there out of office. You would have a melting pot government instead of specifics. Never the less this is just a thought im sure people could find things to hate on.

Deviant art:
    Link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this looks like arguing to me. Yes they do have democracy. Lets just use an example of venezuela and how when they elected Carlos Andr'es P'erez started doing things against what they had elected in him for. Extreme civil unrest took place. Revolts and man protests until in the end he fleed and Chavez came into office. So what im trying to point out is it doesnt always work out like the pritty picture says its going too. If you start loosing your job and you cant feed yourself or your family ... what are you going to do walk up to the government and ask them to stop. People do that but power is a manipulator. I belive in the peaceful way but some people dont. They would rather burn down a building stateing im hungry i want reform. Im sorry that i find it rather foolish to say- Any fool can break shops and participate in riots. It takes quite a bit more than a street punk to build a "better world"
    Ah yes, but see, that's the problem - people protest against symptoms (ie, a bad government), not the cause (a bad democratic system).

If you live in a democracy, only one reform is necessary - the control reform. People need to be able to do the following:

1) vote for whatever party they wish, not just the ones they're given
    2) remove politicians that do not fulfill their promises at any time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I totally agree people do protest against the symptoms which will in turn threw history effect the outcome of the system. Were still young in democracy. The future could bring a progression in the ways of democracy or the people could bring it to its knees. From that a new seed will be planted in a constant work to a better world .. for everyone not just one contry. Its interesting too beacuse were at the point where were having effects happen globely. What you said about what people need to do is the reasons why the symptoms take place as well though. People want that ability to vote for whoevery they wish but for me for instance in america the main stream media doesnt give airtime to every president thats running. Its manipulated. I mean shouldnt in any governemnt everyone in the running have the right respond. It would be good if people did do what you said as well and just got ride of those who didnt fulfill there promises. Well hey at least out of this we both got to learn that we think theres something a little messed up with the democratic system.

Deviant art:
    Link

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.