Critiques & Advice please :)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critiques & Advice please :)

Hey guys, did a quick concept, this guy's supposed to summon his "familiar" via means of his calligraphy brush; would greatly appreciate any critiques; I'm not too satisfied with the composition of the piece, as i usually struggle with composition and dont really notice it until way too late into my progress..

Thanks for looking!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,154 Times in 2,281 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    cool diggz /mabe yall could make somethumbnails an if ya find one you like cut an paste just some ideas hope that helps

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The pose of the summoner is working pretty good and I was kind of getting that the creature was coming from the thing he was hold but it was a little unclear that the object was a brush perhaps define it a little better.

The overall creature design is cool and I dig the details but it looks more mad at the summoner than being faithful and his pose feels so slanted and I really feel that it could be more dynamic. Perhaps have that stretching out pose with the arms out to the side and back arched. Right now both his hands and head are all going in the same direction.

Hopes this helps.

Imagination is not a total internal power but rather it is a reflection and multi-faceted projection of our experiences and knowledge. We take in information from the world around us and intuitively re-order it into something new. Something is not created from nothing but simply transformed from what was before.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ito Saith Webb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice concept. You need to get some sharper detail into the summoner- he need to be at least somewhat close in detail to the monster, since he's a big part of the narrative, and it's downright impossible to see that he's using a calligraphy brush. For the creature himself, I like it so far, but you want to rework those hands.

-Sid

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidharth Chaturvedi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, thanks so much for the critiques, i've been kinda tied up at work; sorry for the late replies!

Grandmassa - Thanks for the suggestion I did some thumbnails, i think it just didnt translate well or i didnt get my basic composition right the first time, hehe.

Ito - That's some great observations, I agree with the "angry" part, haha. I'll work on the pose!

Chagan - Thanks You're right, i thought i'd leave him purposefully unfinished but i think its not really working at the moment.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.