Thanks

Using A Tablet w/ Painter 6.1 Question---

Gíday All---

Iíve just purchased my first tablet Ė a really nice Wacom Intuos 3, the 6 x 8 model. So far itís working out well, but I have a question for the Painter users here, regarding its use in the program. I should say too, that Iím using quite an old version of the program: Painter 6.1, as well as a patch file used to make it run on Window XP, Service Pack 3. Ė I found the link to that patch here a couple of years ago, BTW. Very helpful.

According to my beginnerís knowledge of tablets, the size and opacity of a brush stroke is controlled in the Expression palette / menu correct? When both of these options are set to ďPressureĒ, I get no variation of size or opacity, based on my applying more or less pressure with the stylus on the tablet drawing area. Iím achieving these effects with no difficulty in Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3, however. Are there any other controls in Painter that I need to adjust / set to achieve a variable brush stroke?

Could it be the program is just so out of date that it wonít recognize the tablet as it should? I did connect to the program via the tablet properties menu as well. Or is it perhaps the patch file wonít allow for the variable stroke in some way?

If anyone has any additional info / thoughts, Iíd appreciate it. My apologies also if the answer Iím looking for is posted elsewhere and I somehow missed it. Thanks in advance, everyone.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    You can also adjust your Brush Tracking.

Try going to Edit- Preferences - Brush Tracking (since you're in XP)

Make sure you also have the latest drivers installed for your Intuos. 3 http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/...TOKEN=66907584