Girl and Shadows

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Girl and Shadows

Haven't posted here in a long time. :] Well..i'm a senior in high school and am trying to improve my photoshop skills. This was a painting i did for practice in a day. Any suggestions for me to improve? Any type of critique is welcome!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    It is very important that you keep in your brushsets a few brushes of which opacity is not subject to pressure sensitivity.
    And use those brushes to block in your palette otherwise, never painting at full opacity, might result in washed out colors.
    I dont know if im making sense but im saying this cause it looks like you needed loads of brushstrokes to paint the bloke in the foreground when only 2 brushstrokes should have done the work.
    You see what i mean?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S.M View Post
    It is very important that you keep in your brushsets a few brushes of which opacity is not subject to pressure sensitivity.
    And use those brushes to block in your palette otherwise, never painting at full opacity, might result in washed out colors.
    I dont know if im making sense but im saying this cause it looks like you needed loads of brushstrokes to paint the bloke in the foreground when only 2 brushstrokes should have done the work.
    You see what i mean?
    Thank you for the advice! :] i actually wanted to make the figure on the foreground to be sketchy and slightly transparent with a lot of strokes but i guess it didn't create that great of an effect? haha.

Thanks
    The area is so red so the cool shadow of her face is not working well, the light should be reflecting onto her face after hitting the wall, this gives her a red light source even in shadow.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r.mccabe View Post
    The area is so red so the cool shadow of her face is not working well, the light should be reflecting onto her face after hitting the wall, this gives her a red light source even in shadow.
    i'm kind of confused about your comment, can you clarify please? are you saying that there should be some red on her face as well due to the red on the wall?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.