Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    nice studies.. solid stuff man! I like
    "We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams."

MY SKETCHBOOK!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to JParrilla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Man I really like the skull study you got goin on here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to conti For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    whoa, what a massive amount of work!

Nice man, keep it up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky S For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    this one is siick dood, luv'n it keep working on this to a tighter finish, it's gonna be so rad!!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whoa, big improvements in the last week. Really digging the hand studies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to szaionz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great to meet you Dan

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

you know

Alex

Looking for work experience - let me show you what I can do

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbrush View Post
    Great to meet you Dan

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

you know

Alex
    Back at you man, and thanks for giving me someone to bounce off me for a few hours. Woke up feeling refreshed today after finally having to talk to about to about that stuff.

AAAAAAAND, I did a full A3 page of feet as soon as I got home haha.

Thanks
    noice! I am doin perspective work right now!

comin life drawing later?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Figured it was about time I posted something. It's not much, and it's not really all that great, but it's something.
    I've been working almost exlusively in sketchbooks or cheap printer paper recently, doing gestures, and studies, head construction, faces, hands, feet. Everything I know I struggle wit Also been doing loads of life drawing in the city and stuff. Was lucky enough to meet up with Ghostbrush and Sunseaker last week and do some sketching. Basically just trying to get my drawing stuff down, and probably been neglecting my digital stuff more than I should. Unfortunately I don't have access to a scanner until the tutors at uni are back in in September so I can't post them up. I can't even take shitty phone pictures as my phone broke and my cheap replacement doesn't have a camera. I'm sure it sounds like a huge load of bullshit excuses but it's honestly not. I've been drawing so much recently that my arm and hand have been aching, and I thought I might have started to develop RSI or something.
    Anyway, all I got is a few digital bits and bobs I've played around with the last few weeks, and a portrait I managed to scan before the studio was closed.
    The still life is my first digital painting from life and despite knowing it's poo I can take a bit of joy in the fact that I can honestly say it's the best I've ever done! ha

I was planning on doing the latest CHOW over the weekend but friends are coming up to visit me in my lonely house so it's going to have to wait.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't bought the colour theory stream on demand thing yet; DO IT. I learned soo much it's not even funny. I know I'm going to have to watch it a few more times and take more notes to get the full out of it. But it priceless information people, get on it!
    Really excited to start doing more colour stuff now I feel slightly less lost with it. I've decided I'm going to try to focus on book cover illustration and things like that for my final year at uni, and probably aim for it career wise. So I will be doing at least one book cover in the next month or so to try out some of my new found knowledge!
    Anyway, I'm rambling now, but I'm feeling quite excited about everything so I can't really help it!

Was a rubbish photo to be drawing from for the portrait, not nearly enough shadows!

danlambert's sketches - 22nd August

Thanks
    Lovely colours and values in the last batch! I think the anatomy is abit off on the guy holding the drapery though, his forearm looks way too long.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Wasker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    keep up the momentum Dan, the motivation is great for both you and others, including me. lets push eachother and progress.

hope all is well this wednesday eve.

All the best from the big smoke of London town

Alex

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wasker : thanks man, the anatomy probably is off to be honest. I was trying to focus primarily on the colour and not get too caught up too much in everything else, as I would have ended up spending waay too much time on it

Alex: You know it man.

Quick thing, just getting into a sketch of an old man or wizard or something from imagination that I'm starting to like. Old people are the best to draw, you can just put lines everywhere and it looks right! ha

Thanks
    awesome updates dan, the sketch is tight (good tight hehe) and love the last one, free as a bird!!

TEAM Chönyid bardo!

LIVESTREAM PLAYAZ!
    Hala
    Mr. Spect
    Walid
    JailHouseRock2
    Dwardo
    Snootchy
    aardvarkphil
    jackpot anjr90

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

24. The Following User Says Thank You to snootchy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    fantastic sketchbook!!!!
    Critiques on my work always welcome!!

Sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=229693

26. The Following User Says Thank You to vayne108 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Fantastic portrait, awesome still life digi and cool headless guy man. You've been giving me such marvelous advice and its so cool to see you walk the walk.
    Dude, I just stared at that portrait again. I really love it. Is it from life and if yes, how long did it take with the girl in front of you and do you refine it without her around after?
    Are you going to render it out more?
    Good to hear you've been drawing flat out. Look forward to seeing more Dan.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jigje For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ho Man!! that's a great sketchbook you've got here!! Really like those faces they looks so alive!! Were did you study to draw faces like that???

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MeticoloR' For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Absolutley fantastic! Bravo, great attention to light, anatomy and texture.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to laxon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeticoloR' View Post
    Ho Man!! that's a great sketchbook you've got here!! Really like those faces they looks so alive!! Were did you study to draw faces like that???
    Thanks everyone!

Umm, where didn't really have much to do with it. I spent pretty much my entire highschool education drawing almost exclusively portraits. Every art project I did was portraits, spare time was more portraits, then got commissions doing even more portraits. So really just comes down to practise I guess. When you do them though don't just passively draw and copy. Try to understand what your drawing, why this shadow is here, or this highlight is there, the planes and forms and all that other good stuff. I didn't do that and regret is soo much now. Arbitrarily copying serves no purpose!

End rant!

Thanks
    Freaking sweet updates man !
    I'll have to check out that color thing - major weak point of mine - hell, I need to work on everything really :p But I really struggle with value and color a lot.
    You made a great point there - copying is like reading a "how to" book - you can memorize it line for line but it's not worth CRAP until you APPLY it! I have done tons of pics just copying and didn't learn squat (because I wasn't paying attention or asking those invaluable questions).
    Anyway - sorry for the Ramble - Awesome updates and keep em coming!
    SKETCHBOOK

Daryl Zero: "A few words here about following people. People know they're being followed when they turn around and see someone following them. They can't tell they're being followed if you get there first."

35. The Following User Says Thank You to meticulous For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Little update. I found a sketch I got scanned a few weeks ago that I forgot to post.
    Aaaaaand some cowboy guy I whipped up earlier today. From imagination, which is why the hat and neck thing suck ass. Pretty happy with how the face is going though!

Also, I found yet another thing I suck at drawing... kids! Studies must be done
    Peace.

Just previewed the post and the cowboy thing looks really fucking dark. How is it looking on everyone else's monitors. I just got a new monitor at home so I'm still trying to figure out settings and stuff, if this is anything to go by it still needs a lot more tweaking!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,747 Times in 4,647 Posts
    The comment where you said you were posting so people wouldn’t think you were slacking – don’t. Take some thinking time; this is for you, not a popularity contest. More faces with ears in detail, not half hidden in shadows or hair.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Another version, although I think now the shadows look to dark. Fuck sake why can't all monitors look the same!
    I realise that it's more than likely down to me painting it wrong, but I'm going to blame the monitors anyway.

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 716 Posts
    Some good studies mate, just keep at them, and try to use more varied brush choices, play with it and find some cool techniques^^

-E

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Mischeviouslittleelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ah man, some mighty fine portraits in here :o Good to see the hand seems better. The tones on the second cowboy look fine for me, but then as you say, monitors are pretty variable. Remember to play around every so often too, drawing is ment to be fun right ;p

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunseaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Awesome stuff! Very beautiful pencil work.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to ROCKNROLLA For This Useful Post:

Born, raised, and still residing in Hollister, California
    Thanks
    haha. that headlss guy is pretty cool. he is headless right?? haha. and the scarlet johanson pieces are awesome (damn i hope i spelled her name right). well anyways. yea. nice updates. portraits are looking better

47. The Following User Says Thank You to dU5K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Cool cowboy, I dig the mysteriousness of him!!!!!
    Critiques on my work always welcome!!

Sketchbook:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=229693

49. The Following User Says Thank You to vayne108 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Dan I think you've got some beautiful work here. I really think that you are overcoming your drawing from imagination problems. I really like the man being grabbed by tentacles, his face is so real, it just jumps right out of the page at you. I can tell you're very skilled with your pencil and shading so it means a lot to me that you stopped by my SB. I shall be studying your shading to help improve mine. Thanks.

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Marian Rowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mischeviouslittleelf - Thanks man I will. I actually just downloaded m@'s brush pack thing so hopefully that should help!

Sunseaker - I thought I was playing around?!

kvanzant - Thanks dude

dU5K - He's only headless because I was too lazy to paint in the head. Woops.. Thanks man

vayne108 - Thanks, I dig his 'tasch. Wish I could grow one

Marian Rowling - Hey, thanks. I would love to take imagination credit for that particular face but I did use references. No where near good enough to pull that from the noggin yet, but I'll get there! Thanks again!

I grabbed my friends camera off him before he left and snapped a few photos of the sheets cluttering my desk in the immediate vacinity. Some are from weeks ago, some are from yesterday, was luck of the draw what happened to be near me. So think of these as a snapshot of what I've been up to.

1st 3 are charcoal life drawings, about 45 minutes each from the last few weeks sessions. I just started going on mondays as well so I'm finally getting to draw some portraits from life!

Next up is a sketch from a few days ago that began as a sketch of a mouth from my head, and ended up turning into pretty much a whole head. Although there's a shit load of mistakes, and it still looks cartoony/stylized/odd; I'm preety pleased with it.
    Also got the old man sketch I mentioned the other day, also from my head. Was happy with it at the time, not so much now. But it's all learning.

Some hand studies and attempt at learning the anatomy, along with a load of quick faces from ref and some eye studies both from ref and from my head.

Some more recent, yet still rubbish head/faces and poses from my head

Loomis projection and perspective sketch. If anyone has been putting off learning the basics of perspective just bite the bullet and do it. I found it wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought it would be!

Next is some horrid figure sketch from ages ago that I really wish I hadn't put up

Next is a selection of between 30 second and a minute skethces from life of people walking about and standing about in Bolton town centre. I've been trying to go in as many times a week as I can and I think it's starting to help!

Lastly is some face sketch from my head while sitting on the steps of the town hall one afternoon. I know it has zero construction, but it was only supposed to be an eye sketch, then I just sort of kept going!

Oh, and I got my copy of Marko's Marvel book today and it's fucking sweet!

Peace!

Thanks
    Hey, great studies man, keep it up!

I think you could "let go" a little bit more, to bring more life and depth into your pencil pieces. Varying line weight and stroke speed, crosshatching, fading edges, you know, all that.

Yeah, I have def. seen robogabo's work and it just blows me away, very inspiring.

54. The Following User Says Thank You to elgirafe For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast