Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: danlambert's sketches - 22nd August

Thanks
    Thanked 5,857 Times in 3,961 Posts
    You're really getting to grips with the shading and it's looking great.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    You're really good at rendering fur and hair and I like your figure drawings. Nothing to critique really. You seem to know what you're doing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tdHendrix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Gosh, those last portraits are swish, you seem to know what you are doing in regards to shading and working from life. Not much to critque I'm afraid! Oh, but btw, shoot me if I turn, ok? It is up to you! You can even borrow my rifle, just make it quick!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunseaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Some amazing pencil rendering work in here, and the photoshop painting skills are really nice too. Only a few of your imagination figures seems to have some anatomy problems here and there (they're a little stiff sometimes), but for the most part this stuff ranges from good to amazing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pantless_wanderer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great pencils!
    I wish I could give you something more constructive that though...
    Good to have you on board.
    VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    welcome to the ssg .

Man lots of really nice technical studies, and all are heading in the right direction. . Though i must say that there is a distinct lack of any creative work though! its all studies, there is nothing that shows off design and nothing that shows off character and personality.
    Do some character designs, dont be afraid to do some stupid little doodles, ect.

Anyways man good to have you on board , perhaps you can help me with my never ending stuggle with faces.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Muz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Some very nice studies and tradish renders, have to agree with muz above me here that you should try to beak out a bit.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Izer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Dan mate, awesome drawings! Great portraits man, your renderings gotten heaps better!

Cool stuff man, keep it up and thanks for stopping by my thread!
    matt
    Quote Originally Posted by gutss View Post
    yesterday, God came to me in a dream and told me that if I don't become a comic book artist, he has decreed that I shall instead be a burlesque dancer.
    And I said, "But God, nice panties are so expensive!"
    And he said, "Welp, I suppose you better shut up and draw."

Blog
    SketchBook (updated)
    Company

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JailHouseRock2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    those portraits are well rendered, i like that! to contrast i would work if i were you.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to llex_paul For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook, I really appreciate when people with your skills show interest in my little book. The lines and rendering are really good. I think you should focus on drawing from imagination because your reference work is really solid, and what is more important it seems that you are able to achieve more or less the same effect when drawing form imagination so I think what's left is to let it run free, imagination that is
    "iron determination
    a will that cannot bend"
    --------------
    My Sketchbook

21. The Following User Says Thank You to R&F For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nicky S - Thanks man, I'm excited as well. I think the workshop is one of those things where it's worth taking the time off. My tutors won't like that I'm taking the time either but I'll be damned if I'm going on miss out just because of a few classes.

jigje - Flattery will get you everywhere my friend ha. But yeah I don't see the point in putting in all this work if I'm working towards anything other than just getting better. I certainly feel less lost now I've narrowed down where I want to be.

Black Spot - Thanks, I'm trying

tdHendrix - haha, I have no idea what I'm doing really. But thanks! and good to be on board, feel free to not pick anything and everything!

Sunseaker - Thanks, swish is such an awesome word, and not used nearly enough. I'll know if you get there when all of a sudden the hair over your characters faces becomes transparent and all your figures become gender neutral. Then I shall rain down like an angry god and smite thee! Or something along those lines

pantless wanderer - (awesome name by the way) tHERE'S A WHOLE LOT OF ISSUES WITH MY IMAGINATION STUFF (stupid caps lock), but I shall overcome them hopefully with time. Thanks a lot man

brewin - Thanks dude, good to be on board. Be as honest and nit picky as you can be, I'm ready for anything any everything, this is going to be an important year for me (final year at uni) so any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Muz - Howdy! Honestly there is a lot more imagination stuff than what I post in here, but I don't post it all because it looks like ass most of the time. Although I definitely do need to spend more time on it. Ha, I'm the last person you want help from with faces man, I'm usually pretty lost without some kind of ref. I'll try though

Izer - I'm on it!

JailHouseRock2 - Thanks man.

llex paul - Thanks man, I'll work on it for sure

R&F - Thanks, No problem at all man. Imagination work is something that I know I need to work on, keep saying I'm going to work on, then never really get around to doing as much as I should. It will be done though, if I don't I'm just going to stagnate!

Thanks again everyone

Right then, here's what I've been working on the last few days. I know and you know I need to work on stuff from my head more, and also with colour, so I've been working on an illustration based on a little doddle I did. I spent a long time getting the poses right and the faces as good as I could without using any references. More as a little test to see how much I'd learnt than anything else. I even made sure I drew the naked figured first before I clothed them. (what this did teach me was I need to work on drapery) I used a photo of a random girls face to adjust the placement of features on the girls face slighty, but there was NO copying.
    With the colours I'm going for a night scene with a yellow/orange light coming from the open window on the balcony she was just lept/flown from. I'm pretty happy with the colours so far, my main issue is with her face (which is why the colour image is a close up). I've tried and tweaked all that I can but I need outsider help. The face just doesn't look right at all and it's really starting to bug me. So yeah, PLEASE HELP!!!

The shoulder/back area is flat as I havn't really worked on much else as I got sucked into her face (bad idea I know). Also I'm aware that his hand is too big.

I've actually already started working on my next illustration so expect more soon. I might have a go at Painter for than one.

END WALL OF TEXT

ps. HELP PLEASE! ha

Peace
    Dan

Thanks
    The old man in post 173 is friggin stellar. You kept it simple and thats why it's so strong
    Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Peetaer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good stuff mate! face looks good and the hues are great.

Suggestions:
    A brighter highlight in her eyes
    experiment with some custom brushes (if you didnt already) this guy's brushes are a very good start

And thanks for the awesome comments in the sketchbooks, I've learned something from each one of em
    VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Vatsel For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast