Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hats off to your initiative..
    great work mate....
    you guys have a great vision.

There is but one short cut to success...apparently its called Hardwork.

The Great Indian Mythology Character Design Trick - ( please do leave your comments on this sketchbook) http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=142727
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How fitting that artists should come up with such a creative solution. Genius.

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thats great jason (and everyone else helped on this)
    I respect you all
    Happy holidays

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG
    Jason..i just went through that link that you've posted( the youtube vdo)...
    Have they gone insane?
    what the hell do they think of themselves?
    I know a handful of my friends who are strrugling for one square meal and still stay awake with so much of energy to work ..because its passion that drives all of us...
    Isnt it like a better way of asking 'shall i chop your fingers'?
    I understand tat its a US rule..
    but countries like Us..India... we breath because there's stuff happening at the land of liberty.
    5 animation houses have pulled their shutters downlast month...all of a sudden
    There's artists everywhere...in the streets literally
    animators,graphic designers,modellers.
    there's nobody recruiting no one.
    The only way these guys ( and their clueless families) are living are from cheap freelancing...
    and if this damned rule comes into place..whose gonna 'pay'?

lemme tell you something that had happened to me once...
    These guys were NRI( non resident indians) from the US and they wanted an e-comic illustrated.They asked me to upload my work through their attachment manager functioning with their website ( apparently hoisted from the US).
    The bastards payed me 'nothing'.
    I was like waiting and waiting and then the wretched site 'vanished' one day.
    ( I also later found out that the names these guys used were all fake and since the emeils happened through their domain....I was helpless.

This episode can repaet ..with anybody..and they dont have to vanish even.

for countries like us( india) its just a breath away to adapt new found rules..especially from the america.

Man..i hope this wont happen.

There is but one short cut to success...apparently its called Hardwork.

The Great Indian Mythology Character Design Trick - ( please do leave your comments on this sketchbook) http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=142727

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sounds great..I think, il wait and se how it works in action, but in theory it sounds great.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This is great, and I'm sure you will fix any problems and bugs as soon as you can, but just a comment about the artist search: Right now it only seems to know usernames, rather that real names, for example I found no pictures on Dan Dos Santos, but when I searched DSillustration I got at least two pictures that weren't made by him, but they were still watermarked as copyrighted to him. Here he did a paint-over for Eric Fortune, so this picture shows up as copyrighted to him...

But this is a great initiave nevertheless, as the orphan works bill will affect artists outside the US as well... Thank you ca.org and Jason and everyone else who have this vision!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 905 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    fucking

AWESOME.

THANKS MANLEY MAN

much love

Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 370 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess you will make then a search tool to find IMAGES and not POSTS. where it is also included the real name of the ARTIST and not only the user name. is that right? being able to specify type of image(genre,mood,keywords..) would be nice. If that already exits, please tell me, I havent seen it.
    oh, one last thing...would these "search tool" have thumb nails or something like that to make it easier/quicker?

"when the way is hard
    the hard ones stay on the way"

MY BLOG

MY SKETCHBOOK THREAD

MY SELFPORTRAITS GALLERY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Your leaping hurdles for all of us on this! Im glad your around! Thanks to you and anyone else who helped out!

Sean

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Makes me proud to be part of this community.

Jens' question is really important I feel. How can they pass a bill that causes such obvious international problems?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks so much jason and ca! great idea.
    one little thing i just noticed...
    it seems like the search comes up with usernames as copyright holders instead of actual names, which is understandable, but...
    should we then change our usernames to be our actual names so that our images on here are attached to our actual copyright holder names instead of just ca usernames?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow so much for being represented by our government... The fact that so many emails and letters were ignored is really disturbing. I sent an email expressing my concerns about the Bill too and got the same kind of automated response.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, when i upload an image to my sb, i always put Dan Valkar in the name box

should i from now on put my non superhero name????

"dear diary:..jackpot" my sketchbook

team chow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Um i dont know if im going blind or not but where is this new search function on CA? I can get to it threw the link in this forum but i can't find the image search on the website anywhere. Am I just not seeing it or do we have to use the link to get to it?

Check out my sketchbook: Draw or Die

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh wow. Thank you Jason. This is such an amazing effort! Its really deeply appreciated.

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not sure how to express my amazement at your generosity and commitment to opposing any exploitation of this bill by dedicated pay-per-use registry agents. I could see the field of internet registration of images becoming very big business indeed, and this is like "prevenge" against them. You got them in the kneecaps before they got to run away with our money.

Anyways, I guess a huge thank you is due from myself and all the other members of this community. If you needed to establish a "tip jar" to help pay for these terabytes you're putting at or disposal, not to mention all the costs that acompany them, you would be welcome to the odds and ends in my paypal account, and I'm sure most peoples.

While I know that this is given as a present from you to us, the size and nature of it is pretty staggering. There is no need for a CA member to now panic about the Bill and the abuses it could open. We're still worried about it, and it is still necessary to oppose it as much as possible, but CA has given our works a home. My hat is off to you sir.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I already see this database becoming "pay per view".
    200 TB space and unlim traffic cost a lot after all.

[] sketchbook [] [nsfw]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    One thing I don't understand is how the Orphan Bill works internationally? As it decides what you can do with images you find over the internet.. but the USA doesn't own all the content of the internet.. logically because I'm from Europe my images would be protected?? Looks like another attempt of USA politics to strange the world..
    A U.S. copyright is a right to exclude others from using that work in the United States. Getting the work called "orphan" is a way to ignore the author's right to exclude use of the work by others in the United States. Other countries have their own laws that determine who has the right to exclude, if any in that country. CA.org has just made it easier for you to exclude people using your works in the United States.

The problem with the orphan works bill is that the United States is a really big market. If somebody is ripping you off in Cambodia it might not be all that much money out of your pocket, but if somebody rips you off in the United States it could hurt a lot.

If you want to do something about the Cambodia rip off you either have to go to court in Cambodia or, if Cambodia is a signatory of an appropriate treaty, there may be an international tribunal to which you can go. The proposed changes to U.S.Copyright law don't affect this situation.

About the difference between CA and other databases and the reasonableness of a search: That is why it is so very important that Google highlighted the leadership recently. That was because this is a leading place that people are brought to when they do visual art content Google searches now. It is not reasonable for people to ignore CA in such a search.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,577 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by paran0id View Post
    I already see this database becoming "pay per view".
    200 TB space and unlim traffic cost a lot after all.
    you can support the site by picking up the downloads and going to the workshops. what you see has NOTHING to do with how we run this site. If I had that mentality this site would be covered in advertisements and corporate content. I already know how much it costs to run this site, thank you. And it is a lot. We do about five terabytes transfer each month and close to a hundred mil page views a year. Though if you wanna insult our integrity I am happy to send you an invoice each month for the server bills. haha!

jason

LEVEL UP! - ConceptArt.Org online workshops 25% off registration right now!

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Jason Manley is online now Administrator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mwillustration View Post
    thanks so much jason and ca! great idea.
    one little thing i just noticed...
    it seems like the search comes up with usernames as copyright holders instead of actual names, which is understandable, but...
    should we then change our usernames to be our actual names so that our images on here are attached to our actual copyright holder names instead of just ca usernames?
    As long as the image is in the database your username will suffice. If you wish to put your real name in the copyright by you may do so. However as long as your username is there you can be found.

jason

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpian View Post
    This is great, and I'm sure you will fix any problems and bugs as soon as you can, but just a comment about the artist search: Right now it only seems to know usernames, rather that real names, for example I found no pictures on Dan Dos Santos, but when I searched DSillustration I got at least two pictures that weren't made by him, but they were still watermarked as copyrighted to him. Here he did a paint-over for Eric Fortune, so this picture shows up as copyrighted to him...

But this is a great initiave nevertheless, as the orphan works bill will affect artists outside the US as well... Thank you ca.org and Jason and everyone else who have this vision!

Yeah we have some cleanup to do on old images. His other images he shows on the site using IMG tags are not yet released in the viewer. Patience young jedi.

Each user can edit their copyright info. The system automatically puts the username if no info is included, at least allowing the person to find someone who posted the image, and thus helping track down the original owner. This is why ca now requires copyright info to be posted. Older images will still need editing by those who posted them. It is going to take time to go through everything...but at least the base is set up to do so now.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Manley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love you.
    And if I had a job and roof over my head, I'd donate to keep this up.

"Sadly, most artists prefer to give the elite their attention."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CA is one of the best things that ever happened to the internet. And maybe one of the most important things in our time Art History. The future shall shown the importance of this place to all!

Fuckin love the place!!! Thanks Manley, thanks Massive Black, thanks CA!!

My website

Facebook Page

New CA Sketchbook

" The scientific and generally accepted-in-art term for this is "You're fuckin' screwed, dude..." " Ilaekae - May 16th, 2009

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't stress enough the importance of what you're doing here

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, Massive Black, And Concept Art.org, I love you guys!!!! This is an incredible gift. Thank you so much for doing this. I already owe this community so much for all that you've given me and now I owe you even more. Thank you! Jason, you had mentioned in Revelations Seattle, that you'd never put ads on the site, and that really moved me. Such integrity is a rarity in a world that looks to make as much money as possible. And this only reinforces how much the art matters to you and how much the community means to you. So thank you again.

CA for life!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all of this Jason.
    One question though, is all of the drop down menus needed or is it just for added searchability?
    I know quite a few people find it a hassle to input all of the information, especially when doing a huge dump of sketchbook pages or studies. If it is just for added searchability, can you please make it optional?
    Thanks

-Fraz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow.... CA MB and most importantly Jason thank you so much for this!! makes me proud to be part of this place, even if ive only been so for a little while, i always feel accepted... (o and btw ive always loved your profile thumbnail =) )

guys just a question that popped into my mind about what i think "blackman" said about our government not representing us or something....

well.. the last time i checkd not one single congressman (or woman) is an artist, or writer or anything of the sort.... soooo isnt that kinda like textbook taxation without representation? isnt that a big part of what we had our little war for? is there some kinda of petition or protest that we can join? cuz i wanna help do something about this, and id love to donate, but ive no job, and i cant get one for about 5 days when i turn 16, but thats not important... things need to be done about this... i think we should all write to our congresspeople about this... i know jason said that they didnt do much the last time, but i still feel a responsiblity to join in with this... dont you? we're the ones that are benefitting from what jason and everyone has done, but what have we really done ourselves? any ideas guys?

Thanks again Jason!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also, i went to make a thread for this forum, and when i tried to upload an image it asked for who owned the copyright... now should i put my real name for that or my username? sorry you might have already answered this...

thanks again!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 13