Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: engelhardt's Sketchbook

Thanks

update 30 (!)

Somehow I did not manage to update last week, but there also was not much to update
    So here is the stuff from the last two weeks: a no ref. portrait of a pilot, a no ref environment trying to use structures and brushes correctly but I have trouble with colours and values. Then there is a life painting, showing my cousin (she is pregnant) - it was hard, because the light cahnaged so fast and there was so much to paint, so I am not very happy with the result. There is another life painting from right the middle of the forest. Both traditional paintings are in acrylics. Next are the first pages of my just startrd sketchbook: a ballpen selfportrait; some selfportraits with coloured pencil; and one of my mother + some from imagination. Finally I have 2 sculptures done with clay: a goblin 8cm high and a portrait (11cm high) of http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1180100#post1180100 with whom I met to portrait each other in clay.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    MAN! ist das cool hier wieder vorbeizuschauen freu mich wie ein kleines kind.
    würde sagen, du hast einige fortschritte gemacht, gerdae die portraits.
    eines muss man dir lassen, dein sinn für farben ist fast schon meisterhaft, bei den stilleben, ok, das geht noch vom schiwerigkeitsgrad. aber die farbtöne bei den portraits...da fallen mir die augen aus! einfach klasse.
    ansonsten: kriegsschiffe, soldaten, etc. ist natürlich immer cool

tja, was könnte ich dir noch mit auf den weg geben:
    genau, würde mich freuen n bisschen merh digitales zeug zu sehen(darf ich an dieser stelle fragen, welches graphictablett und programm du benutzt? )
    bei den landschaften wüde ich sagen, dass du hinten noch n bisschen sättigung rausnehmen kannst.

over and out
    philipp

Thanks

update 31

@ HerrleerzeichenS: Vielen dank für die netten und ermunternden Worte und die Tipps! Hab diese Wochen etwas mehr digitales gemacht, aber nur kleinere Sachen. Zu deiner Frage: Ich benutze ein Wacom Intuos3 a5. Mir wurde empfohlen, dass wenn ich mir ein Tablett zulege ich doch gleich ein richtiges (also ein Wacom) nehmen soll. Das intuos3 alles was man braucht und ist meiner Meinung nach in a5 genau richtig; nicht zu gross und nicht zu klein. Als software verwende ich GIMP , ein kostenloses open source programm; ist sehr änlich zu Photoshop, kann aber nicht ganz so viel (es fehlt z.b. die Unterstützung von Neigungsempfindlichkeit beim intuos3). Wenn ich mit Gimp male verwende ich selbst gebaute Brushes und Muster.

stuff from this week: one non referenced environment (quite crappy) and some with photo reference; all digital with GIMP. Then there are 3 pages in my sketchbook: cars, portraits, concepts for a gasmask sculpture. I also have one outdoor live painting in acrylic - 18x24cm. Finaly the sculpture based on the concepts in my book: GASMASKMAN!! - done with clay and 7cm high.
    Last edited by engelhardt; August 23rd, 2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: forgot the gasmaskman

Thanks
    nice stuff you got here, I especially like your sculpture, I would recommend you to learn the proportions of faces Andrew loomis explains this really well in "Drawing the head and hands" it will help you a lot.
    My Sketchbook

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Some really, really nice updates. I think you would really like this episode of Dr. Who. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D8eX...eature=related Gas masks are creepy and that episode, even creepier.

Thanks

update 32

Danny_K: thanks for the nice words. I am trying to learn anatomy, but use G. Bammes` book. I schould really do more!
    Pixie Trick: thank you!
    From the last two weeks: 3 pages in the book with: rocks; tanks; and still life. Then I have 2 outdoor live watercolour paintings from Hintersee lake in the alps. 2 outdoor live ones with acryl - in 18x24cm ane 50x40cm, showing my favorite motif: the trainbridge at my town. Finally 3 digital environments... ...not very much for 2 weeks

Thanks

update 33

Hi, the holidays are over and after their last lazy week I visited the Netherlands with school for one week to go sailing (Abi-fahrt). So first the stuff from at home and then some from NL. 5 pages in my book; trying some comic and anatomy. 4 foto-referenced digital environment/city studys. And one acrylic outdoor painting.
    Now from NL: Some sketches of passing ship, our ship and some people on deck. Once I wanted to paint at night under a streetlight, but the light did not make the colours visible(funny experience), so I decided to draw in B/W - it is the one with the dark harbour. I also did 2 watercolour paintings: our ship "Amazone" and a building in Enkhuizen.
    I hope the lazy time is over now and I manage to update weekly again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts
    Nice work man and great comic style, keep posting, I am following.
    Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks

update 34

LtPlissken: Thank you!
    New page new stuff!! 2 outdoor live paintings with "widescreen-effect". 3 pages in my book: typo, parts of the castle in Nürnberg (Nuremberg) and some GSG9 guys. I also tryed something new: painting from movie-stills(King Arthur and 300). My problem is: I only found a collection of pictures in low quality. Does anyone know a good page with movie stills?

Thanks

update 35

What a digital week: first 2 pin-ups, trying to find a nice comic-style. They are both inspired by photos. I did a drawing with pencil first and then coloured it with GIMP. Next is one page in m book with self portraits. I did a lot of film studys this week: 300, into the blue, 2 fast and 2 furious, King Arthur. As a friend borrowed me his iPod touch in my free lessons at school, I could do some sketches on it - not very good, because it took me a while to find out how to use the program. He did only send me one yet. Finally: a digital still-life with paprika!

Thanks
    Great work throughout your sketchbook man! I like the little oil paintings. Your digitals are good too. Keep going!

Thanks

update 36

Bartovan thanks for stopping by.
    My stuff for this week: 3 pages in my book, trying to get anatomy into my head (soo frustrating ). Then I wanted to go out and paint some nice autumn paintings, but I had to find out that only very few trees in the area where I use to paint, are in their "autumn dress"; still I have two acrylic paintings. I also continued the film-referenced digital studies. Here I always try to use the colour picker at a minimum; maybe twice per painting. Last: a digital-painted environment.

Thanks
    awesome rendering on those pencil pieces, and the digital ones are very nice also
    keep practicing anatomy. it's frustrating but you'll get it. keep in mind the negative space and angles of the negative space/silhouette when you practice anatomy

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast