Sketchbook: engelhardt's Sketchbook - Page 5

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Awesome stuff here. Great that your not forgetting to do some "Traditional" stuff!

Keep it up, and lets see some more pencil sketches, they are IMMENSE!
    Take care
    Norris

update 60

Danny_K: Thank you!
    Parsakoira: Thanks! And yeah, Eluveitie rocks - I have seen them live twice!
    Norris: Thank you! Which pencil sketches do you mean in particular?
    I did some new stuff and have found some I forgot in my last update: An Alfons Mucha study, a Carl Rottman Study, some poses, a self-portrait (the first digital, where I tried to smile ) and an idea for the new school T-Shirt. I hope to be more productive now.

Attached Images Attached Images            

Hey Engelhardt, I mean the ones of the stapler etc ... they rock ... and so detailed!

Love the first and last one in the latest update ... GORGEOUS!

More please!
    Cheers
    Norris

Nice SB You really work a lot on it, your environments are amazing

I LOVE the art nouveau image. You've got some great stuff in the sketchbook, very nice film studies.

You're still suck.hahahah, keep tryin........

[last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Hey, nice sketchbook. You may be right about us having slightly different monitor settings, since some of these look a little bright on mine. I like that latest environment piece with the pine trees and mountain range. You've probably heard this before, but I'd definitely recommend trying to use longer smoother strokes in figure drawings and the like, instead of a series of shorter marks. Those posemaniacs gestures are looking good though.

wow!so much development and pure practice, i really like your line experimentation in your pencil work and the different techniques you apply to the different mediums. only one thing i would say though is just the portraits sometimes look a bit flat (in your pencil/pen work), follow the contours of the face instead of using flat lines to shade (have to say though it feels kinda silly me suggesting techniques to you)

update 61

Wow, lots of replies!
    Norris: Ah, these - I nearly forgot about them , seems I have to do some again soon. Thank you
    in2eternity: Thank you!
    MyioDeSopsia Thanks! Yeah, Alfons Mucha rocks.
    leo.org tells me "Jugendstil", the German word for "art nouveau" exists in English as well. Is it a common word?
    LtPlissken: I'll keep trying...
    Locus: Thanks a lot! I tried to use less and longer lines in my recent posemaniacs.
    Nuclear_Bunny: Thank you! Yes, I could try that; some look flat.
    I did a couple of stuff and found some I did not post yet: I love my new A. Mucha book and had to do another study, but I changed the slogan . One outdoor live. Poses; on the last three I tried to use less and more precise lines - it is sooo hard. A tattoo design, down below there will be the HIM lettering with ornament. I designed a logo for our school-radio-group, going to SA for the soccer-championship. And I overhauled the midnightsport flyer for school. On my school, it is tradition, that class 12 raids class 13, when class 13 is finished with school; so there is a big squirt gun battle with some drinks afterwards. I illustrated our (class 13) defense plan and tried to give it a military/computergame -look. Last is another film-ref.

Hey dude your last self portrait looks better then all the others I think you improved a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post
    You're still suck.hahahah, keep tryin........
    Why would you say something like that??? it's better not saying anything at all then insulting another fellow artist :/

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

^^ Yea I agree with Danny. I'm hoping you guys are like, friends, and that was a jest all in good humor. Otherwise, quite rude. Keep it up dude, there is definitely improvement going on in here from first page to last, digging all the color studies and such. Keep pushing it man!

dannyk; mind your own business. If i will have something to say to you I will note you.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

@ LtPlissken: Dude, don't have anything else to do than insulting a fellow artist? Show some respect will you?

OT: Nice sketchbook man and there is some huge improvement going on here! I want to see mooooooooore!

Help me improve my drawing skills by commenting my sketchbook

People don't you have anything else to do in your lives than to go and play police in other peoples backyards? What a fuck is wrong with you? I wrote a message to a person who own this sketchbook, if he did not replied to me directly or did not understand the joke or something, than it is his or my concern and not someone elses. Please call 15 more peoples to attack me because I wrote "You're still suck".
    Engelhardt; sorry man, because this came out as trolling in your sketchbook, it was not my intention, honestly, but I had to reply because of the narrow minded's sake. Sorry one more time. Signing off.

SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!

update 62

Hey, stop arguing in my sketchbook!
    Danny_K, Metal Fingers, Surion: Thank you for the nice words and for trying to help me.
    LtPlissken: To be honest, I was not sure whether you were joking or not. You should have added something like this: " " or that " ^^ " to make clear, you are not meaning it serious. But I accept your apology.

I did some outdoor watercolors - last two are from the castle in Nürnberg. Then lots of poses from posemaniacs.com . I also did some film-studies and tried to experiment with light/color-shape combination.

watch the saturation on those water colors, remember what's further away will be less saturated and will have a more bluish color to it, also whats closer to the viewer will have bolder lines and will have more color weight to it.
    try studying the structure of the head either from hogarth/bridgeman or Loomis books, it's very important because a head is the most important part in any character drawing.

till the next time

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

Nice sketchbook you got here. I really like the last one. What movie is that from? Looking forward to seeing more environments.

AWESOME man, that last one is really ==> WOW!
    Is it kingdom of heaven? i LOVE that movie!

Help me improve my drawing skills by commenting my sketchbook

Great color studies and variety! Acrylics look awesome as always but on the watercolors, first thing I noticed is that there's a lot of the same hue of green on the trees. Try to capture the subtleties by premixing the colors on your palette to be as accurate as possible. I don't know if you're using watercolor from pans or tubes but I've only been using it from tubes and I imagine mixing is easier that way. But there's no right way I guess. On the digital studies, colors look spot on and there's some inventive use of brushes. On the Posemaniacs figures, you've done the lines with short strokes rather than long sweeps. Doing blind contour studies, or just sketches by not lifting the tip from paper would probably help with that.

Keep them coming!

hey some nice stuff in your sb here the some of your environments look pretty awsome and all the movie stills look good too love the Alfons Mucha study good work

update 63 (I am so lazy...)

Danny_K: Thank You! You are right, I have to practice more and be more careful with watercolors.
    Surion: Candidate gets 10 points! Kingdom of Heaven is great.
    bLux It is Kingdom of Heaven - my favorite movie! I did more landscapes for you.
    smuli: Thanks! I use paint from pans, but I bought some more, so I have better variety, though I did not test them yet.
    prsnsweeney: Thank You!

Here the stuff from last ... ... MONTH (what a long time and there is only so few...) : I went to the museum again, to draw statues; fashion-studies from magazines; sketches of me and a dog. Then posemaniacs.com stuff. A watercolor (from before I read all the cool tips above). A movie study. And three landscape studies from Carl Rottman (Delos, Sparta-plains, Theben).

Last edited by engelhardt; August 9th, 2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: attatchments did not work

update 64

Okay, there is something I did in July, but it was not finished. Now I can post it. I copied a still from the movie "Kingdom of Heaven" showing Eva Green as Sybilla on a 80x40cm canvas in oils. I know some people say, photorealism is not helpful for learning, but painting this was a lot of fun for me and now I have something cool to hang in my room . I also posted details an a little sbs. (this is not a commercial work, just private fun and private practice - for the copyrights)
    I was in England for a week and did some outdoors with acrylics at following locations: Cheddar gorge, Tintagel (beach and rock), Salcombe (Overbeck's) and Streatley on Thames. Maybe I will post some photos I took on the trip later.

update 65

Well, I moved from my parents home and live on my own now (at least for one year).
    I did a watercolor and an acrylic one of an old factory building near my room and another acrylic of castle "Gleichen". I did some posemaniacs and tried not to lift my pen - what a hard job, but I think it helps! Then I studied the Star Craft 2 cover and another still from Kingdom of Heaven. Finally a selfportrait.

Whoa, what a great oil painting! Always nice to see progress shots that show such well-organized working. I especially like the outfit details and edge control!

Hard edges seem to dominate your digital paintings at the moment. Using a low flow setting would give a softer, more natural look and more control on the blending. Nice colors and values on the last two though. The environments have a great sense of light too!

Nice job with the Posemaniacs sketches but don't be afraid to cross over the figure (or negative shape) to get to the other side even though it makes an unintentional line. The point is getting the forms down as quick as possible and see the movement of your pencil. It'll teach you in looseness and economy of hand movement.

The acrylics are great too, as always! Keep them coming!

Yo whats up?
    good studies, try to paint only with the round basic brush for awhile instead of using too many custom brushes.

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

update 66

smuli: Thank you for the nice words and tips on the posemaniacs, I will have to try it.
    Danny_K: I often start with the basic brush, and use others only in the end to give my work a finished look. Is there a special painting where you think I used too many custom brushes?
    I did some movie-stills again. The one from Lara Croft is quite a fail, but this made me start to do a drawing first, instead of blocking in colors.
    Then I did some posemaniacs again and one page in my sketchbook, where I tried to see, what I learned from my studies.
    In my new area, there are a lot of deciduous trees, so I also have some outdoor live paintings with autumn colors: two in watercolors and two in acrylics.

A suggestion, you should try and learn the foundation of the human form muscle by muscle and the anatomy of the head instead of just copying blindly from movies which apparently does not do you much good.
    try to put your effort more into line work and learn the proportions put some effort in it it's the only way.

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

Eva Green is just amazing, woderful details! But I must agree with previous post - you have to start study forms more base. You can't move forward without it
    Keep updating!

update und nimm dir zu herzen was danny-K gesagt hat
    ich bin wieder zurück.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.