Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rock and Roll

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I saw this a few years back...why exactly are you posting it?

Even though I'm a Christian, I think the tone taken in that documentary is rather alarmist. They put way too much focus on the issue, making it seem like all secular musicians and their fans are destined for Hell.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Yes, of course the end times are here because this is the only time in history when people were hedonistic, narcissistic merry-makers.

Mark Antony would teach these rockin' pansies a lesson or two

(not Mark Anthony, Mark Antony... big ass difference)

Last edited by Jason Rainville; December 26th, 2008 at 11:17 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Rainville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    zpsht.... you know who could teach anyone a lesson or two? Robert Plant.... Jimmy Page.... John Paul Jones.... John Bonham...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FourTonMantis View Post
    I saw this a few years back...why exactly are you posting it?

Even though I'm a Christian, I think the tone taken in that documentary is rather alarmist. They put way too much focus on the issue, making it seem like all secular musicians and their fans are destined for Hell.
    Doesn't the Bible say that non-believers are going to hell? If they believe that, then you can't blame them for being alarmist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Man Made God View Post
    Doesn't the Bible say that non-believers are going to hell? If they believe that, then you can't blame them for being alarmist.
    Yes, the Bible says that all who do not accept Christ as their savior are going to hell, but not all secular musicians are non-believers. The same goes with fans of secular music.

I listen to a ton of non-Christian music. That doesn't negate the fact that I'm a Christian and believe in the Bible as the Word of God. The tone taken in that documentary makes it seem like listening to secular music is something that's going to poison your mind. Yeah, there's a lot of secular music I won't listen to because of lyrical content, but what I do listen to doesn't really bother me. Everyone has different convictions concerning what Christians should and shouldn't listen to. I can understand why someone would feel bad about listening to music that doesn't necessarily glorify God, and I respect them for that and I would be willing not to listen to that kind of music around that person.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Blahm, I can see how the conspiracy theorist in you could get into this, but I mean, come on, how much of this shit can you actually believe? I mean, I can understand believing in one conspiracy theory... but all of them?

And commies created rock n roll to take over America? Jimi Hendrix was possessed by a demon? I mean, if that's true, someone find that demon! I want him making records again!

Last edited by TASmith; December 27th, 2008 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    Blahm, I can see how the conspiracy theorist in you could get into this, but I mean, come on, how much of this shit can you actually believe? I mean, I can understand believing in one conspiracy theory... but all of them?

And commies created rock n roll to take over America? Jimi Hendrix was possessed by a demon? I mean, if that's true, someone find that demon! I want him making records again!
    Well ive been up on conspiracy stuff for a long time and im not even christian. The hardcore demon stuff in this documentary is pretty off the wall i agree. But the stuff about the beatles being used to push an agenda of alienating children from their parents and changing the fabric of society i agree with wholeheartedly. If you look at the history of commuism it always starts with a destabilizing. Then you have people that act as 'patriots' fomenting a revolution and like magic there is people lying in wait to seize power. I belive that is what is being attempted in america. History has shown that a christian nation is a stable one, so this would have to be one of the first things to be destroyed. The same type of war is being waged on Islam as well.

Also its a little easier to understand when you know that the media of the world is largly controlled by Zionists. And There is a Zionist behind every dictator. Hitler, Stalin etc.

Last edited by Blahm; December 27th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    ugh... a couple quick questions..

1. Tell me who you think was "using" the Beatles. Or, isn't it possible the Beatles themselves were pushing an agenda, and the companies involved were merely riding the coattails for profit?

2. Didn't the "perfect" 50's culture need some changing?

3. Who wants to destablize America and take charge? Do you think someone like Ralph Nader is taking orders straight from the Kremlin? Are you really worried about communist propaganda?

4. Were the people in charge in the 50's really so great? Are they that great now? If someone else could provide real leadership wouldn't that be welcome?

5. After long study of history, wouldn't it be safe to say no one's really in charge of anything? Doesn't that best explain the mess this world's in? I find it more frightening and accurate than any conspiracy theory I've ever heard.

6. What do you mean by Zionist? I take that to mean a devout jew, but why would a jew plot with Hitler and Stalin?

Thanks
    7. Why does TASmith reply seriously to Blahm?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to D.Labruyere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    "Yes, there is a conspiracy, in fact there are a great number of conspiracies that are all tripping each other up. And all of those conspiracies are run by paranoid fantasists and ham-fisted clowns. If you are on a list targeted by the CIA, you really have nothing to worry about. If however, you have a name similar to somebody on a list targeted by the CIA, then you are dead." -Alan Moore

The only thing scarier than affairs all being shaped according to the some malevolent master plan, orchestrated by some ultra-competent big brother is a world where bad things happen for no good reason whatsoever.

Last edited by N D Hill; December 27th, 2008 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks
    Just bear in mind that there is a difference between a "everything that has happened can be blamed on THEM" conspiracy and a conspiracy where a given group has a secret agenda. Conspiracies do exist, the reason for the lack of credibility in popular conspiracy theories is not that conspiracies don't occur, but that the theorists base their ideas on a little bit of fact and a lot of speculation/preconceived ideas.

But there are also events that would suggest a conspiracy where there is only mutual cooperation, George Carlin summed it up nicely when he said that you don't need a formal conspiracy where interests converge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    6. What do you mean by Zionist? I take that to mean a devout jew, but why would a jew plot with Hitler and Stalin?
    Zionism is support for the Jewish migration into Israel. It's a fact of history that the horrors of World War II were motivating factors for Isreal to be sectioned off from the British empire and to become a Jewish state.

The idea that Hitler wanted this, that he could have predicted this, that an evil overlord/ shadow government/ illumanati/ grey aliens could have put Hitler in power, expecting this to happen, or all of the above, is a pretty zany assertion to make.

Oh, and Stalin's a new one, but the Russians never treated the Jews paticuliarly well, either. I suppose you could make a similar argument about that causing Jewish migration, but I find the theory to be bullshit.

2. Didn't the "perfect" 50's culture need some changing?
    He asserted that the fifties were stable. This is true. Rather the fifties were good or not is highly open to debate. I suggest you Google the J curve if you're really interested in the phenomenon.

Last edited by Zaxser; December 27th, 2008 at 09:06 PM.
    Do you Mentler?

Booting up a new sketchbook.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.