Sketchbook: Kageko s sketchbook (updated a few times a week)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kageko s sketchbook (updated a few times a week)

Yeah hi, name's Chris and im mostly a 3dartist, but recently ive found some free time, so i figured id use it productively and start painting and work a bit on my concepting, so ive started sketching and now im hopefully going to keep this up, hence starting this thread.

EDIT: changed first post so i can upload newest pic for the thumbnails...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kageko; January 3rd, 2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: edit...
    Do a good deed, help me develop as an artist, give me a backbreaking crit in my sketchbook!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quick update...one figuredrawing i didnt get attached last time and a concept for an alien race. spent about 4 hours on the concept, think i spent about 2 hours making it humanoid and not human, also i changedmy style a bit for this one, trying to focus on make the forms look believable, using a chalkbrush =P

Last edited by Kageko; December 30th, 2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: moved first post sketches down here...
    Do a good deed, help me develop as an artist, give me a backbreaking crit in my sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're off to a good start. One thing that will help the figure drawings is to think of the figure as a whole, not in parts. Try to stop using such short quick lines and go for real smooth, flowing lines.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey again

this time i spent most of my time reading one of andrew loomis' books and trying to apply his techniques, didnt really get the planes as u might notice, ah well, gotta practise more =)

anyway... heres 2 pages of my sketchbook today, mostly headstudies, i also tried ur suggestion kapil, on the bottom guy, i just made one long line for the arms and did the same for the legs, it turned out to be a pretty neat trick ^^

didnt rly spend too much time thinking about the faces or the anatomy on the posed dude. Also i went a little overboard with the concept when i was playing around with the brighten/contrast tool in ps, im considering it finished for now, but i still would like some crits on it so i can improve the next one, doesnt feel like i did the whole painting with an overlay layer right...

Hope to hear more useful crits =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a friend of mine suggested i should make my paintings less cluttery (i tried to mimic some cool artists ive seen lately and ended up making everything fubar)

so i tried doing a portrait with strong colours (did this with a diffent tech as well, tried using colors from the start instead of doing greyscale first)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and a couple of new updates, ive been focusing a bit too much on painting i think (all my digitals are referenced).

anyway heres a new piece i made yet again for practise, but also because i wanted to make something pwetty! Ref used, its a friend of mine, didnt turn out all too much like her, but hey, im not picky =). uploading a lolversion i made as well, figured id do something cool with a few custombrushes and voila...mb i should start working on enviroments...bah another day!

Last edited by Kageko; January 4th, 2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: fixed the nose

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The digital work look very good, luv all the bright color. I also like ur studies. Keep up the concepts. Stop by my page and drop a comment if u can, thanks a lot

Comment my crappy art PLEEZ ; )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah. Your latest few works are exellent. Nice to see studies also. I replied to your question on my sb.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    browsed the forums, and came across the mentoring forum, and in there i saw one session in particular that i figured id try as well, so here we go, lesson one and two from http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=110528

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, so i kept on doing some of the lessons i found over on the mentorforum (or whtever its called xD) feels rly good practising the basics, im not too sure i did this right, but hey, i hope i did... please feel free to give me some crits, i need to know if im doing something wrong (which i probably am... ) =)

the goal of these lessons was to get a better grip on specular shading, and shading in general really...felt alot more comfortable this time, i think i overused the selectiontools in these excercises -.- u live u learn right?

(for some reason photoshop freaked out on me and made the standard settings for a new document for grayscale 8 bits, it also made the popup list in the save as window about half as short, so i cant save as jpeg and i have to use save for web instead, anyone know why this is?)

Last edited by Kageko; January 7th, 2009 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok so i did the thumbnails lesson, must say i enjoyed myself a little too much on these, probably ended up spending an hour on each on average, some longer some faster...=P first 8 of 16... and as usual, crits are more than welcome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update! quick concept for a minicomp on gameartisans.org's kingdom hearts comp, been busy lately with animation for school, god i hate rendering heavy scenes...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a few updates
    sry bout the delay, i recently broke my tablet and now i have an a4 one instead which is killing my back...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this... is really outdated... im amazed it hasnt been deleted yet... oh well... i guess i need to add some newer drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good
    ....>>>> keep up>>>\

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.