So, my goal is to become a Video Game Concept Artist, and I can't find very much information on the job itself, nor on programs and classes needed to become one. I have several questions, and any sort of information would be fantastic. It isn't particularly urgent (I'm still quite young, I've got a few years before I even start applying) but I would like to know what and how I should prepare for my goal.
1) What colleges have the best programs for concept art?
2) What programs or classes should I enroll in?
3) What are the standard portfolio requirements (Like, are certain mediums needed to be included? What about Realism, portraits, life drawings, etc.? If so how many? Stuff like that)
4) At what level should my art be to be accepted?
5) Should I go to a school within my country (US) or are there courses outside of US that are worth the trouble? Could I even go to school in a country I don't have citizenship in?
6) If/When I get out of school, where should I apply for a job? A small company or a big one? Etc.
7) What level should my art be when I leave school?
8) How many years of college would I have to go to? (On average)
If you have any more information, please post it! Any sort will do.