Another Cyberpunk Adventure
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Another Cyberpunk Adventure

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Another Cyberpunk Adventure

Hi,

I'm working on concepts for the Prison in my cyberpunk game, I'm starting to freak out about being art director though-if the game looks like crap Ill be the one to blame. So I thought I'd play it safe and get some C&C from you guys, (My team is lazy, they dont give me much C&C) before I finalise the game's first environment.

My brother said there wasnt much color... I tend do go for earth tones though, and I dont want the game to end up looking like a shitty Bladerunner clone.

What do you guys think?

Oh btw, the greenish light things were added hastily, theyll be cleaned up heaps.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to agree that the palette right now looks very monochromatic. I think i would to agree with your brother. I think it needs a bit more colour, but not too much so you could still acheive a semi monotone look. I would suggest either saturating the green lighting a bit more so it casts a more colour light on the surroundings, or bringing out the brownish/orangish tones you've used by changing the colour of the lights to an orange or red, and adding some bright colour to the warning stripes (paintover). Of course this could all be just personal preference, and i have no idea what type of game you're making, or what type of atmosphere you're trying to convey.

cheers.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    For a prison, I'd go for cool rather than warm, with some occasional accents of red and yellow ("caution" colors) in symbols, signage, etc.

Name:  pinback-PO.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  157.7 KB

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Dave_ is offline Fighting dwarves with keytars. Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Especialy prison schemes are important. Red and orange are assosiated with 'warning', so think that you're in a prison, your body being constantly on guard, You'll get tired very soon, and insanity is around the corner.

So a cool, mellow color a better color for 'normal' situations. And when there's a prison-break out (dunno where you're going with the game) you could go all out with yellows, oranges and reds.

cool pic tho!

(23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think colors are ok, it just may need more contrast between higher and darker colors, some reflects on the floor, and more light highs details, once you remove the line art, I think it will look really nice.

about the atmosphere I would add the cool as an additive, but not making it that much noticeable. Danger and caution signs I think are not so relevant, no much more people other than prisoners, workers and visitors of prisoners will go there, and all of these already know what it is, also it is a bit contradictory it is made supposely to be safe!
    Maybe some guards around would make sense. I would keep it somewhat abandoned, dirty and off.

also, please, tell more about the game, it's a mmorpg?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am interested in learning more about the game too. I like the aesthetic. I liked the colors that you have been using, it gives it an older/sepia image type of feel, but that also made me think more steampunk than cyberpunk.

Like elwell I think more of cooler colors when I think of cyberpunk.

Does your game need a modeler/animator?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.