Sketchbook: Murgen's Realm

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Murgen's Realm

Thanks

Murgen's Realm

MURGEN'S ART DUMP
    NEWEST WORK ON LAST PAGE

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Murgen; October 5th, 2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

"I have transcended that phase in my intellectual growth where I discover humour in simple freakishness. What exists is real; therefore it is tragic, since whatever lives must die. Only fantasy, the vapors rising from sheer nonsense, can now excite my laughter." - Lord Pirmence of Castle Lutez
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hello, dear friend!
    Stopped by to see the new sketchbook. Hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions. The third image could use a reinvestigation of the perspective. Right now it's "tipped up". And the fifth image...I really want to care about the magic going on there, but the lack of value variation is keeping me from being drawn in. I suggest adding in some darks. Check out this tutorial for one way to approach painting lights and darks: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79449

Thanks
    oh my. your stuff is amazing!!
    my only suggestion would be to sharper the shadows and lights in the third picture down, but other than that i love your work, especially those robots and sculptures (:

Thanks
    Wow what a great tutorial, thanks Dee!!!
    Yeah the perspective got really wonky on that image, I don't really like the layout/composition I made on that one so I will probably end up remaking that whole image.

gogreen-
    thanks for the comment! I agree, the lighting and shadows got a little nebulous in that image, like I said, I think I am going to trash that one and start over on that image (its for a project I am working on - so I do actually need to redo that one).
    The robots I made a couple of nights ago after watching a dvd by Feng Zhu, he is an amazing teacher and concept artist.

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

"I have transcended that phase in my intellectual growth where I discover humour in simple freakishness. What exists is real; therefore it is tragic, since whatever lives must die. Only fantasy, the vapors rising from sheer nonsense, can now excite my laughter." - Lord Pirmence of Castle Lutez

Thanks

Update!

Update the SB! I want to see what you're working on.

Thanks
    Woowww, been a long time since I posted in my sketchbook, thought I would drop some new images in here. *making a vow to myself to keep this updated on a regular basis*.

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Was inspired by the new Diablo 3 class recently revealed, the monk. I saw a awesome piece of concept art for the male version of the monk in the artwork section of the D3 website, but didn't see anything for the female; so I decided to do one myself. Hope the Diablo fans out there like it!

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Mooooore pieces, WIPs, and studies....

Last edited by Murgen; September 24th, 2009 at 11:23 PM.
    Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Had some free time at work a couple of days ago and I started working on this idea about a planet with six main clans/orders/peoples. Each group is closely tied with a particular element; and each group has a different allies and enemies. In addition to simply identifying with an element, some members of the clans become powerful enough to actually wield the powers they serve. The idea is somewhat similar to ‘The Last Airbender’ T.V. show, but I would like to make it much more adult. Really the only similarity is the wielding of elements and elemental clans.

I am kinda looking forward to flushing out this world a bit more. Thought it would be fun to create a world map and render these characters further. Not sure I will keep the designs I have at the moment, but I put them up here to show you anyways. :3

Thinking it might be fun to make them less human and each tribe a bit more different, anatomically that is. We will see though...

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Was really inspired after looking at Simon Goinard Phelipot's work. I decided to try a piece in that style - don't know how successful it was, but it was fun to do anyways.

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    Here's some new sketches - as always, check out my blog to see whats up.

www.jordanpatchak.com

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Thanks
    new piece!

Website

CA Finished Work

CA Sketch Book

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.