Whats your sleeping hour everyday?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Whats your sleeping hour everyday?

I sleep like usually 3-5hrs and i get nagged by my mum to go sleep. However nowadays i felt that my body is getting unhealthy. Instead of being able to draw, i feel tired easily.. So whats a healthy sleeping hours? Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, depending on your age, it'll vary, but the most agreed-upon length is 7-8 hours. If you're in high school (like me), it's smart to get ~8 hours, but this rarely happens. When you don't get enough sleep, your whole body starts to deteriorate (good thing you noticed). If you're missing sleep because of homework or projects, take the time to get things done during the day. If you just aren't tired, even in the wee hours of the morning, try exercising more, and DO things during the day.
    Tossing and turning in insomnia is the mind's way of telling you that there are things still to be done. Your spirit will continue to deteriorate if you don't create/work, so do it when the urge arises, not at 1 AM.

Check out my sketchbook? updated 02.01

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is possible to actually sleep a restful 4 hours, but this takes a lot of adjusting to do, and usually requires a 30 minute energy boosting nap during the day.

This is actually a way of living for some people, and/or professions that require strenuous hours, so it is not uncommon to see 4 hours of sleep.

Although if you have the ability to sleep a good 7 hours, do so, if it is what your body requires.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,891 Times in 428 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Early to bed... early to rise... makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loveandasandwich For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you want the version with vodka and women or without ?

oh man im still drunk... what a retarded comment, ugh

dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3-5 hours! O_O No wonder you feel tired! Dude, when you're tired, go get some sleep. At least 7 hours should do it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And if you can't help staying up late, at least give yourself a "sleep holiday". Try to go to bed few hours early once in a while and you will catch up on sleep and feel better. I usually stay up too late, like 12 to 1 in the morning (I get up at 630) but if I go to bed a hour or two earlier, I feel lot more rested and better.

Sleep is very critical to health...if you get too little, you will feel tired and get sick more often. People have died from lack of sleep. Also, it is a killer on creativity.

-Mike Cross

Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    to reply seriously i really really suffer if i get less than 6 hours, 7 seems to be about right for ideal operation.

its really alien to me that some people can stay up later and still be competant in the morning, everything i do is just substandard when im sleep 'deprived'

dan's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    usually i sleep during the weekends when im at home
    during the week im way to bizzy with partys, deadlines for school and stuff, so i dont often see my bed from monday till friday :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm thats a interesting point, i wonder how viable itd be to train the body to need less sleep i wonder

dan's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    usually about 6 hours here if I'm on schedule... though I have been known to go 2-3 days without sleeping at all and not feel tired, where other times I need 10+ hours to feel rested... oddest thing for me sleepwise was the 2 month period where I had a total of less than 100 hours of sleep over the 2 month period (yes - that's less than 2 hours a day).

Alzorath's Sketchbook

I support sketchbooks! - Subscribed to, and by:
    White Rose's Sketchbook | Matsign's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You wouldn't believe me!

Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha the reason i dun want to go bed early because when i reach home from sch its already like 10-11 D: so i have to that spare time to cooldown and do some studies... if there is homework den oh gawd i have to stay up longer.. If i sleep early, i couldn't get up early as well and if i sleep early i cant do more self studies D: I dunno but i feel that in this years of school i should make best of time because after graduation i want to be able to reach industry standard @_@

ill take the advise to sleep 6-7hrs a day from now on cause i feel that my work rate has slowed down tremendously =/
    Thanks guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sleep...haha wtf is that? :/

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert.B For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you don't get home until 10pm, then do your studies in your downtime in the day (which I'm sure exists). A bus trip or a lunch break are great opportunities to draw (among others).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I read about a couple who tried training themselves not to sleep at night by taking several naps during the day. That takes a lot of free time..
    Supposedly, if you are REALLY healthy, all you need is about 5 hours of sleep. That sounds crazy to me, but I knew a raw foodist who swore she slept for 5 hours every night and felt great every day.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psypomp View Post
    I read about a couple who tried training themselves not to sleep at night by taking several naps during the day. That takes a lot of free time..
    Supposedly, if you are REALLY healthy, all you need is about 5 hours of sleep. That sounds crazy to me, but I knew a raw foodist who swore she slept for 5 hours every night and felt great every day.
    It doesn't surprise me! If you have a good quality sleep you don't need more... at least some people. When I sleep more than 7 or 8 hours (to people who know me : yes yes sometimes it happens!) I feel tired and groggy all the day!
    My regular time of sleep is 5 hours too, and sometimes less, when I have too much energy. I sleep this way this since always, not only on few weeks and I am perfectly healty!
    The most important is a rythm, not the amount of sleep.

koppa says:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its a combination of things...Sleep is part of a chain.

Sleeping more will only be 1/3 of the puzzle to feeling better and having better health.

You need physical stress (exercise) and several balanced meals throughout the day combined with 6-8 hours of sleep.

Don't forget when your body doesn't intake a high amount of protein you won't be able to achieve high quality sleep.

blog

Quote Originally Posted by Vhan juju
    I don't know what happend to guys like you gruve24, but whatever it is, it sure has a way of destroying hearts...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seconded! Food is esential + meat is GOOD !

koppa says:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A good nights sleep is the healthiest thing you can do for yourself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I sleep from about 2:00am to 8:00am on weekdays (not good) and 4:00am to noon-ish on weekends (better).
    Actually, I just read an interesting mini-article on the subject in the latest issue of Wired Magazine. I'll copy it here:

THREE SMART THINGS ABOUT SLEEPING LATE

1 // You may need more sleep then you think.
    Research by Henry Ford Hospital Sleep Disorders Center found that people who slept eight hours and then claimed that they were "well rested" actually performed better and were more alert if they slept another two hours. That figures. Until the invention of the lightbulb (damn you, Edison!), the average person slumbered 10 hours a night.

2 // Night owls are more creative.
    Artists, writers, and coders typically fire on all cylinders by crashing near dawn and awakening at the crack of noon. In one study, "evening people" almost universally slam-dunked a standardized creativity test. Their early bird brethren struggled for passing scores.

3 // Rising early is stressful.
    The stress hormone cortisol peaks in your blood around 7 am. So if you get up then, you may experience tension. Grab some extra Zs! You'll wake up feeling less like Bert, more like Ernie.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chriskot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Usually I sleep 5-6 hours a day, but right now I'm making days of 48 hours with 8 hours of sleep. Works great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been having severe insomnia, some nights in the last few weeks not getting to sleep until 3am, even 5:30am recently. I hate it. And it makes me sleep in until after 10 even though I'd prefer to be up and about around 8. Part of this is due to being a night owl, as chriskot has posted, and my brain is the most active at night. Not good for those who need to be up in the morning. Trying to work on it by keeping more busy and starting to exercise more.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Quote Originally Posted by Asatira View Post
I've been having severe insomnia, some nights in the last few weeks not getting to sleep until 3am, even 5:30am recently. I hate it. And it makes me sleep in until after 10 even though I'd prefer to be up and about around 8. Part of this is due to being a night owl, as chriskot has posted, and my brain is the most active at night. Not good for those who need to be up in the morning. Trying to work on it by keeping more busy and starting to exercise more.

This has been my exact problems for 2-3 years.. I haven't been able to sleep, haven't been able to concentrate properly during the days.. had headaches all the time, and every distraction would make me irritated during the days.! But now I've found the cure , I hope! even though its not working today ( its 3 am :C ) And it consists of being ACTIVE during the day.. Which is a fucking problem when you just sit on your butt painting and drawing! ( which i've done half day today. so that might be it. )

If you can find a way to get some exercising done.. I think it will help you a LOT man... I'm not a 'know-it-all' person, so this is just what I think is starting to work on me Join some sort of daily sports activity...!
( my headaches comes from an old eye-problem, that is distorted when I concentrate to hard on objects far away, and then switching over to something that is close ( like my monitor or sketchbook ! ) )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I think exercise does help. I try to get as much exercise as I can...at work I run up and down the stairs on my break time, and if I'm at desk a lot, I take a break once in a while. I also go to the gym about three times a week. If I don't get any exercise, I have problems sleeping...however after a workout I sleep like a baby.

-Mike Cross

Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    sleep...haha wtf is that? :/
    I usually get about 5 hours of nap time between noon and 8 to call sleep... (sucks mango sized nuts to work the graveyard shift...) I miss sunlight... and I hate it just as much...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Barely 4. I go to sleep at around 3 o'clock and get up and around 7 o'clock ish.

Yeh the worst thats happened to me from this is just falling out of my bed occasionally because I've started to kick in my sleep dont know why. Yeah I kneed my self in the face one morning. Only kick when i think of moving though, wierd.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskot View Post
    I sleep from about 2:00am to 8:00am on weekdays (not good) and 4:00am to noon-ish on weekends (better).
    Actually, I just read an interesting mini-article on the subject in the latest issue of Wired Magazine. I'll copy it here:

Heh. I just read that today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I usually go to bed around 11pm and wake up at 6:30am for a total of 7.5 hours.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskot View Post

1 // You may need more sleep then you think.
    Research by Henry Ford Hospital Sleep Disorders Center found that people who slept eight hours and then claimed that they were "well rested" actually performed better and were more alert if they slept another two hours. That figures. Until the invention of the lightbulb (damn you, Edison!), the average person slumbered 10 hours a night.

2 // Night owls are more creative.
    Artists, writers, and coders typically fire on all cylinders by crashing near dawn and awakening at the crack of noon. In one study, "evening people" almost universally slam-dunked a standardized creativity test. Their early bird brethren struggled for passing scores.

3 // Rising early is stressful.
    The stress hormone cortisol peaks in your blood around 7 am. So if you get up then, you may experience tension. Grab some extra Zs! You'll wake up feeling less like Bert, more like Ernie.
    Do you really believe this? Standardized creativity test?! I'm mad at wired for being so stupid.

Oh yeah the subject of this thread... I sleep really inconsistently. Sometimes I sleep for three hours a night for several days. Sometimes I sleep twelve hours a night for several days. Overall I don't sleep that much. It's not because I'm too creative, it's because I don't feel like it. I like how some creative people think they can blame everything they don't do on their creativity.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.