Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile **What did YOU do today?**

I've had an idea.
    The news is basically rubbish, isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I like being informed and all, but better and nicer things must happen everyday than John Doe being shot/hurt/arrested/married. So what did YOU do today?
    Was your breakfast really nice?
    Did you discover something?
    Or meet an unusual person?

Today, I 1/2 cleaned my room, for example. I've been at it for two days now, so it's been quite an experience!

So yea. What DID you do today?
    "No, on second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts

Thanks
    Hey Daestwen, I didn't know you had something similar as it ended in September.
    What did you do today?
    "No, on second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    I got up at a dreary 7 AM.

I went to school at 8 and because we had already taken our science finals I drew for about 2 hours while Jurassic Park was on.

Then I met with my history teacher which accomplished nothing.

Then I took my Spanish final. That was the end of the semester!

My dad picked me up and we went with my sister to a restaurant in town called Toast. While I was waiting for a table I decided to walk around a little and low and behold there was a poster with art by none other than our own Andrew Jones! I ripped it off the wall...

Then we were sat down in the restaurant. I realized that the man at the table to my right was Carlos Santana! He's a cool and humble guy and I said I was a fan but didn't bug him.

Then I went home and here I am...

The Android poster's attached. Sorry for the shitty phone picture.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Kobrin View Post
    I realized that the man at the table to my right was Carlos Santana!
    Hah! That's sick. Where are you from? Here in southern Utah, people have spotted Robin Williams (apparently has a house here), Julius Erving, and Gary Coleman. Tracy Hickman lives here as well.

Let's see...today I:

-Played some S.T.A.L.K.E.R
    -Finished reading Oil! by Upton Sinclair
    -Sold my math book back (63 bucks at least a decent price)
    -Checked out Masters of Doom by David Kushner from the library.

That's about it. Christmas party later...I should probably get some drawing in there somewhere.

Thanks
    I'm in Mill Valley which is near SF. A lot of "celebrities" live here. I've met Robbin Williams, George Lucas (his daughter was my dance teacher), Dana Carvey (I used to go to school with his sons), Santana, Sammy Hagar (a few times), and James Hetfield Lars Ulrich (my doctor babysits his kids hahaha) and Robert Trujillo from Metallica. Apparently Robin Wright Penn, Sean Penn, and Will Smith live here too but I've never seen them. Dana Carvey and Robin Williams have both dropped in unannounced at the local stand up comedy night. I've seen Carvey but I've never been fortunate enough to be there when Williams dropped in. My cousin and parents have been though.

[stalker] oh and the MB guys live around here too. I've only ever seen Coro though hahaha [/stalker]

Thanks
    Jake,

if you take down a poster for an event that hasn't happened yet, it means less advertising for the event. i'm not sayin... i'm just sayin.

i woke up to overhearing my roommate cursing my name because i drank the last of the coffee last night – "godamnit emma! every fucking morning!" so thens i went downstairs and confronted the cursing wench. hehe. Then scrambled to work, busted out an illustration, had a big end of year lunch party thing, read a lot of news on the internet, painted a few more doodles, and then made my way home. i can has car yay! now listening to a brutal wall of noise.

m

9. The Following User Says Thank You to guggemmaneuver For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks
    Made a paper on Marc.. whatever. Some contemporary shite artist.
    Turned it in.
    Drew.

That's it.

Thanks
    I got up, took a shower, got dressed, got in the car, drove to work (stopping at Noah's Bagels for a little breakfast on the go), starting working, wasted some time on this forum, got work done by 1'ish and con'd my way into leaving early. Now I'm home, working on my crappy attempt at a comic... waiting for 7pm so I can head out to a little holiday get-together with friends.

Its a good day... LOL!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Uh...Made this piece of crap. [link] Drank alot of Root Beer (A&W). Packed up my stuff for a trip. Yeah.
    Last edited by Psychotime; December 20th, 2008 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks
    Umm, spent way too much time online killing time. I did start working on some art pieces I've been procrastinating for weeks on.
    "It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Got a twitter account today which is probably better for this kind of stuff than a forum is. Here's the illustration group.

Today was the first snowstorm of the year which was really cool. I'm going to the Berkshires tomorrow because William Gibson (NOT the scifi guy, the guy who wrote The Miracle Worker) died and my parents knew him. The Norman Rockwell museum is out there also.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Got up with the intention of working on some shit 'design' work a friend sent me, instead went to the next town over with my dad and sis to get a haircut and do a little shopping. Came home, procrastinated the hell out of the rest of the day with a combination of working out, Mount & Blade and watching Deadwood.

Thanks
    Got up at 6...went back to sleep...got up at 6:30 am....went back to sleep..finally woke up at 6:40 am and laid there for 5 minutes trying to get the nerve out of under the warm blanket. My bedroom was cold. I dressed and packed my lunch, and drove the grueling route to my work at the lab. Like a zombie, I dragged myself into work, set up the tests, and did it all day while listening to my co-worker rant on and on about being sick. I stayed at work late trying to finish up test, and then drove back home. My throat was starting to feel scratchy so I drank a shot of Jagermeister, and felt better. Killed some time messing around on computer, then helped get my son ready for bed, read him books and then tucked him in. Then I inventoried my video game collection and then started painting my sculpture. Then back on computer...and here I am.
    -Mike Cross

Sculpting Thread|My Website| DeviantArt |My Blog
    -Also on FB and Twitter

Thanks
    ...Woke up at 2, did some last minute christmas shopping. Got home ate some food and looked at my shiny new copy of spectrum 15 (Whoho early xmas gifts) drew for a bit. Apparently I'm joining a d&d group at college next semester so I started doing some character sketches. Wondered why I never update my Sketchbook in here. Play'd some WoW and here I am now, typing this. My days are bland, uneventful and perfect.

Thanks
    To rap up the day I finished my Christmas shopping (YAY!) and got a couple of albums (Double plus good!)

Today I got:

Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third

**What did YOU do today?**

I really enjoyed this one. It's dark and spacey psychedelic rock. It's like Pink Floyd but a bit less "light" (but it's not heavy.) This ones been on my Last FM recommendations for weeks...

Arsis - We are the Nightmare

A tech death metal album. The second from this band I own. The guitar work is really incredible. Still I'd take The Faceless or Necrophagist over them any day. Their are some cool melodies done with the guitars which is normally lacking from Tech-Death albums. The album art is BRUTAL.

For my mom I got this local radio's "lounge" album. A bunch of acoustic tracks from bands that sound as bad acoustic as they do electric. It funds the fight against breast cancer though nd 1 neEd 2 sav teh bewbs11!!1!

Thanks

Arsis - We are the Nightmare

A tech death metal album. The second from this band I own. The guitar work is really incredible. Still I'd take The Faceless or Necrophagist over them any day. Their are some cool melodies done with the guitars which is normally lacking from Tech-Death albums. The album art is BRUTAL.
    Dude, Arsis owns Necrophagist and The Faceless. Muhammed Suiçmez is an awesome composer but his music lacks the heaviness that should go with death metal. The Faceless is ok but mostly deathcore-y wankery. Arsis has the epic riffage and the heaviness all wrapped together.

Thanks
    Do you have the new album by The Faceless? I like it much more than the 2 Arsis ones I have. I mean Arsis is fantastic but their new one is just great. Like Cynic, Meshuggah, and Nile's baby. I'm seeing them with Cynic and Meshuggah. That will be a PHENOMENAL concert!

And ironically the reason why I don't like Arsis as much as Necrophagist is because they're not as heavy lol.

Thanks

Thanks
    Woke up next to a fairly attractive girl ive seen like 3 times before, realised i didnt sleep with her, felt dissapointed, realised in the night she was cuddling up against my arm and staring into my eyes, felt a little scared.

realised that in the night she asked me whats up? and i said.. ohh you know i want to be a artist, well im in this ssg and i know they'll give me shit for not updating tonight, i felt proud haha!

what have you done today?
    dan's sketchbook

The ssg with no name.. for now
    NRX - Frasermct - Walid D - The wannabe Dr, Mr Phil - Dilated

Thanks
    Got up at 10 am (I have holidays! ), ate breakfast, had a shower, then found that Amazon had delivered my book to me. Read that book for an hour or so. Then painted for almost 2 hours. Then ate lunch. now I'm going back to painting!

Grafguy is offline Professional Graffiti Artist - Ghent, Belgium.
    Thanks
    got up, had breakfast, watched some tv
    went upstairs to my room, played on my bass
    got behind my pc, lurked around on CA, spammed some.
    my day is just starting :p

and ive wonderd why the hell i always listen to Rise Against, really gotta find some other bands

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    drew 4 portraits, and started two paintings.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,731 Times in 4,637 Posts
    Went and knocked on every house in the street because there was some dodgy company trying to get information from people as to when they would be in to take phone calls (read that as when are you out?) and who are well known for pressurising the elderly. The police wouldn’t do anything because a crime had not been committed. One person fell for it and is now aware – result. Then I met a lot of really nice neighbours the other end of the street.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Just woke up with a headache and a bit of a chill, wondering if I'm going to get a cold. Planning on drawing something today but not sure what.

Thanks
    Do you have the new album by The Faceless? I like it much more than the 2 Arsis ones I have.
    I've heard a couple of songs...I may be just a little jaded with the whole Origin/Brain Drill tech death sound. I just get kind of bored with it.

Thanks
    It's pretty original. It's not just straight tech death, it's progressive-tech-death. I love the solos, they sound just like Thordendal's.

Thanks
    Badass! See this is waaay more informative, funny and incisive than the news!
    Today I woke up and sorted my mum out with a cup of coffee, and later watched Bugsy Malone. Now THERE is a brilliant film! Then I was forced into celebrating xmas early with some friends. It may've involved an amount of seasonal champagne and a true comedy game of Articulate in which i discovered it is a fools errand to take on brothers at games involving mind reading. Cuhrayzee
    Anyhoo i was awed by Mad Cross. That is one serious day! I love snoozing, I think I might be addicted to snoozing too...that bit when you're not quite awake but not quite that asleep...mmmmm
    Kamikazebob and Grafguy had days much more like mine normally are I'm gonna have to curtail my CoD4 addiction.
    Awesome! Well I'm glad that everyone had a day so I guess we'll always have that...well sorta...you know what I mean.
    What did you do today?

Thanks
    I actually got myself to sit down and do anatomy drawings from ref and completed one of the drawings I planned to do. Reminded me how little I actually finish drawings, or ink them. I also did my bed laundry. Hope to get more done tomorrow.
    "It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast