Sketchbook: Empyrean┤s sketchbook [updated 22 may] - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Empyrean┤s sketchbook [updated 22 may]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thread thumbnail brought me here so I would personally like to see more like that with some reference used to add authenticity. Your environment have the feel of good imagination, not enough study.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wilkerson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are doing great. Definetely promising sb.
    Just it's a pity that you don't post more regularly.

cheers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to merl1n For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thought I'd share something useful with you, an simple exercise which I'm trying myself.

link

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Demotyme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well...WOW. I didn't even think I'd get some advice again. Thank you so much for that!

@SigonWulf: Heyhey, Sigon. Long time
    You're absolutely right about your advices! You will see a lot more of those trees when I get my sketchbook back and post some sketches.
    Since that city is done in ink it's pretty hard to correct any mistakes or perspective issues. Let's see if I can add some clouds when I get it back
    Same with the leg from that dude. I was trying out chinese ink pens and yeah like I said, ruined it a bit. Will be difficult to correct it.
    Eyes are still a problem for me while sketching. It's hard to get the angle right and how it wraps around the eyeball. The eyes from the profile sketches are wrong, yep, but they look wrong when I draw them like they are supposed to be...strange.
    As you can see most of my stuff is done without reference (bad thing, Max, bad thing!). I rarely do studies anymore or even live drawing. So those creatures/people whatever come out of my mind mostly. Try to draw a face, the rough angles etc. and then think how you could abstract it, add bigger eyes, strange noses, weird shapes, more wrinkles, etc.

@wilkerson: Sorry to dissapoint you But, my god, your environments are good. Would love to be more authentic :/ Thanks for posting!

@merl1n: Wow, thanks for the words

@Demotyme: That's awesome advice, thanks!

Since more people than usual posted I dare to explain why I don't post more, do more, study more.
    I did an application for visual communication the last months (those cities, weird water color paintings etc.) but didn't get accepted, yay. So at the moment I'm doing another application for Game Design in Berlin. The thing is: last year I already applied there and failed miserably. I mostly did bad digital stuff, too much written stuff and too less concept stuff. Since they want you to do more or less a game concept for the application I spent the last weeks figuring out an interesting gameplay, some new gameplay aspects, a simple plot etc. I wanted to do some illustrations for the main character, four witches (yep, those old women are supposed to be witches) etc., but somehow time slipped away to fast...Let's see if I can make it with some sketches and only the concept...
    At the moment I'm trying to color a sketch I did. First time using PS for a long time...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd love to see more! Keep it up and keep posting please.

You're show a wide range of studies, definitely interesting and encouraging to see your progress since earlier posts.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Members who have read this thread: 2