Art: Photo-Manipulation Wallpapers
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Photo-Manipulation Wallpapers

Some Wallpapers that I banged up in Photoshop. Not sure if they are allowed on this forum but I didn't see anything that says otherwise in the rules (so please don't beat me down too hard, mods).

Also: First post
    Wheeeeeee!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by In Amber Clad; May 13th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey In Amber Clad! I really like the top wallpaper. The colors tie it together nicely and it's a great contrast of themes. My only suggestion would be to try and tie some of the elements together better, like the mother board and the pipes and wall. Maybe mess with the textures or light or color or something.

P.S.: Interesting name... an amber suit of armor...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comment and crit Yewela. This may seem like a stupid question but I can't seem to be able to turn my attachments into thumbnails, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could explain how.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you mean so a thumbnail shows up in the forum list? that just takes attaching an image using the attachment manager. if you click "edit" to edit your initial post, go to the advanced editing page and scroll down, you'll see the link to attach images directly.

as for the images themselves, i'd agree with the above- tie the elements together a little bit. either by literally adjusting their levels/etc to appear to be in the same light or, more commonly done, tie the entire image together by adding an overlayed texture of some kind. in future pieces, you might want to spend a bit more time thinking about just what you want the image to say. unless you're just going for an interesting combination of materials with no inherent meaning, which can be fine too heh.

sorry for the long-winded response ;P

-: [ sketchbook | sour.org ] :-

Members who have read this thread: 1