Thanks

Large resolutioners post your virtual workspace.

Anybody here use a 24-30" monitor and find that the native resolution is almost too big? Do you have any good tips to fully utilize the huge resolution that we paid a good amount of money for?

How do you have your Photoshop/Painter arranged during your workflow if you have a larger monitor? I'm trying to find the most efficient way to set things up and stick to it.

I upgraded from two widescreen 20" monitors to one huge 27" so it's taking some getting used to.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,223 Times in 626 Posts
put it further away from you.. really relaxing also you'll find painting 'a bit further away' from the canvas is really good for not getting into details.. :C doesn't really 'answer your question' but its just an idea..!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dile_ View Post
    put it further away from you.. really relaxing also you'll find painting 'a bit further away' from the canvas is really good for not getting into details.. :C doesn't really 'answer your question' but its just an idea..!
    I would do that, but at the current res of 1920x1200 I can't really see it viable when I get IM's and want to check my email. I'm thinking of downgrading it to 1680x1050 just so I can see stuff better (Brushes, Text, Tools, etc)

Anybody think this is a waste?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 755 Posts
    Don't change the resolution; instead, check to see if you can change the text-sizes or something inside of the operating system. You should be able to find some sort of "accessibility" feature that will blow up the sizes of everything, while still keeping that beautiful, crisp resolution you paid for.