Sketchbook: I need to get BETTER! My Journey to DRAW!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking I need to get BETTER! My Journey to DRAW!

I used to love to draw, and I still do, but I've noticed I haven't improved in my skills at all, and well, I'm just not that great. I want to improve on my art skills, from my anatomy, to my lighting and brush techniques, but honestly, with the vast internet, I don't know where to start in terms of learning and what is recommended.

Seeing the artwork on this forum totally inspires me to do better, but I just don't know how to get from my current state of art to the real pros.

I know there are many pros on here that can help me improve on my skills, and the whole in-between process of me being where I am, and me getting to where I want to be. So here's the start of my journey to "You could be here -so- DRAW!"

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by shadowdancer; December 18th, 2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added latest drawing.
    Anime is just another form of expression.
    http://www.radiantdreamer.net
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My drawing style has been heavily anime influenced, and I want to step away from that for a bit.

This is the current level of art that I'm at. This is probably "my best stuff" right now.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Anime is just another form of expression.
    http://www.radiantdreamer.net

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You came to the right place, and if you want help with anatomy; I'd recommend Dynamic Anatomy by Burne Hogarth, Figure Drawing For All It's Worth by Andrew Loomis, and there are a few others worth checking out.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I looove your use of colour. be interesting to see how this sketchbook turns out

check out tutorials, post in the forums and draw everything and anything! and have fun I hope it all goes well.

What an overwhelming lesson to all artists! Be not afraid of absurdity; do not shrink from the fantastic. Within a dilemma, choose the most unheard-of, the most dangerous, solution. Be brave, be brave! - Isak Dinesen

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.