Sketchbook: If cats could type, they'd only write "meow"

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

If cats could type, they'd only write "meow"

Last edited by Bloocat; April 5th, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've been trying some stuff here and there, but on the whole I've been far, FAR too lazy.

Thanks

Thanks
    Nice start, you have some pretty cool ideas.

Everything’s looking pretty flat. You need to start drawing things from life. Start with simple things, such as balls, cubes, bottles etc. Look how the form works, how angles look and how rounded things curve throughout the object. Of course you’ll want to look at how shadow and light work under different lighting arrangements. It is shadows and light that mostly give the illusion of dimension. Look up perspective; it will help with your backgrounds along with the main subject.

Looks like you have a bit of a start at human anatomy but you need to keep going with it. Draw people from life or reference. Look up proportions and how the skeleton and muscles work together. And try to stay away from strait on profiles and front views, they don’t help things look less flat.

While you’re doing all that, keep drawing things from your imagination.

Thanks
    I appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks
    Hey,

Definitely agree with PurplePlatypus. Anatomy and life drawing are going to help you improve in leaps and bounds. Solidify your pencil skills, then bring it into digital. I do dig the smooth rendering on your latest one, though.

Post some more!

Thanks
    Hey, I realise my sketch book is inconsistent in its updating frequency and I haven't really said anything about who I am or what I'm trying to accomplish here. Well I'm 18 years old now and I'm still in high school, I started this sketch book a couple years ago when I was... younger, obviously. I've grown up a bit since then. I've always been enthusiastic about freakish art, I love the weirder stuff, like H.R. Giger and Salvidor Dali. I've dicked around a bit but I've never really taken picture making all that seriously. Recently I've started going to the Melbourne sketch group and it's helped me realise that it's actually quite important to me and I really enjoy it. Another thing that... inspires me, I guess, I hate using the word "inspire" because it's so overused and I'm a bit of a rebel like that, but that other guy, I can never remember his name but I think of him as Alpineflanger, he started when he was like a year older than me I think, and now he's pretty good at it or something. He could do it and he's at LEAST as mortal as I am, so I know it's possible. Imagine if no one had done it before so you had no indication it was possible :0. In any case, I can't really think of what I'm trying to achieve with my sketchbook, I want to get better I guess, even though I can't think of any reason other than my own sticky self-gratification right now. I have some anatomy books coming in the mail, they should be here in about a month or so, and then I'll probably start spamming this sketchbook with things I've copied from them for the casual scrutiny of strangers.
    But for now here's a thing I made today.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Here's a couple things I did today after studying from my new books a whole bunch. I'm on holiday now so I'll be sad when it's over and I won't be able to do as much.

Thanks
    Quite pleased with what I managed to do here, even if it doesn't really look like she's being suspending from a balloon and more like she's sitting on the ground with a balloon attached to her.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.