Latest movie thread
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Latest movie thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Latest movie thread

Just like the "what's in your cd player" thread, but movies instead. But I don't believe many of you are watching a movie right now, so pick the one you watched last time...

Anyway, I just finished watching "Visitor Q", a weird Japanese movie. I don't know if I like it or hate it, but it was worth watching. I'm telling you...the Japanese are very strange people! (you may get the wrong idea about Japanese, or people in general, if you watch this movie...haha)
    Time for some Monty Python now. Meaning of Life, perhaps? :cool:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nnot the last movie i watched but the last one that really impressed me was "the 13th floor"
    i wanted to see it when it hit the cinemas but then it got lost in that whole matrix hype.
    recently, i saw it in tv and it so damn rocked, both story and design wise...

i like it better than matrix. in terms of explaining the whole "virtual reality" plot, 13th floor is so much more intensive than matrix. if you haven't seen, go watch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm always watching ski films. I can't stop watching them. Right now I've mostly watched Happy Dayz because it's the newest and I haven't seen it hundreds of times yet, but soon I'll be getting a few more like First Strike, The Front Line, and The Prophecy.

Burn Things. Guest
    heh just watched Dumb and Dumber recently- for the millionth time despite drawing the hatred of many - it kills me :p . -

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Just watched enemy at the gates like 10 minutes ago.

jude law is a hotty.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just recentley saw The Transporter. What an entertaining flick. It's what XXX should have been. The action is so well executed. To me it felt like watching an anime movie... all the action was awesome with some really corny mid sections. Worth watching.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lord of the rings (Fellowship), Amelie..most recently viewed, both awesome films. Heavy rotation award goes to Happiness, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, Half Baked, and of course the infinitely re-watchable Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Oh yeah... Spirited Away should be caught while still floating around in cheap theaters....

Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite. Inwardly we commit every crime in thought, but outwardly we are irreproachable.

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

davi is offline Administrator & Community Manager. Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Transporter was a REALLY good movie. I know what you mean by anime feel. I hope the director is different if they do a squel... i wasn't a fan of the love scene they added in and the "made for tv" feel. But it did rule.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sleepy Hollow. I love Tim Burton movies and this one is great!

Jaku

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by gekitsu
    nnot the last movie i watched but the last one that really impressed me was "the 13th floor"
    i wanted to see it when it hit the cinemas but then it got lost in that whole matrix hype.
    recently, i saw it in tv and it so damn rocked, both story and design wise...

i like it better than matrix. in terms of explaining the whole "virtual reality" plot, 13th floor is so much more intensive than matrix. if you haven't seen, go watch
    I agree - it's a good movie! I really like the story...better than Matrix, yes. But...Matrix is sooo extremely cool - the action at the end, the weird environment on the "real" earth, etc. Everyone who likes the "this is not real" theme in Matrix should watch 13th Floor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i finally had the chance to watch "black hawk down".. damn impressive. i guess i 'll have to watch it again today.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, my favorites are The english patient (finally a hollywood movie with a sad ending ! ), and since i'm a trusty follower of the J.R.R. Tolkien craze, also LOTR 1.
    fear and loathing is nice also .... and fight club=> frikkin weird!

Cynical smarty pants.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I watcherd Black Hawk down my jaw dropped for two hours, I even resisted to blink with my eyes because I would miss some milliseconds of it . Well I was damn impressed.
    However after the ending I scratched my head and laughed out, "wtf ?? How can someone do such a movie from such a desaster and show these dumbasses as heroes ?"
    Seems like Mr Scott did a great job

Anyways, my all-time favourite movies are still 2001 A space odyssey...yeyeye laugh if you want to
    aand...Trainspotting, Donnie Darko, Waking Life and of course PI !!! Darren Aranofsky kicks ass imo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just saw Donnie Darko and Waking Life a bit ago
    they so own.
    Waking life is very... very something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i bought

-harry potter

on dvd over the summer for ten bucks...watched it 3 times last week.
    something about that movie that is just fun.

-Joshua

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just watched the hidden fortress again.
    there is a really good duel in that movie.
    my favorite ever.

-Lono

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hah,, Fear and loathing is one of my favorite movies.

i love Gilliam, i love Depp, and i am a huge fan of hunter s thompson.
    actually,, i got my name from the HST book "the curse of Lono"

-Lono

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pontemonti

Time for some Monty Python now. Meaning of Life, perhaps?
    ha ha - I just watched that again over the weekend, brought it on DVD - watched 'The Holy Grail ' too

as well as part of the 'Shogun Assassin' series (baby cart at Hades -3rd out of 5) - sword of vengeance - I would recommend that - great direction of photography and timing.also saw Ice Age, and K-Pax among other things.

SamusNeo - Amelie is a great film - brought that last week.

I saw it last year and loved it - also by the same team are 'City of the 'Lost children', and 'Delicatessen' I read that on Amelie they photoshoped out all the graffiti and dirt from the streets and metro of Paris - so if you go there now its not as clean as the film.

one of my favourites has to be 2001 - best watched in a theatre - you don't realise just how much silence can be deafening! 'Excalibur' is also great and in the same vein I have to mention 'Gladiator' with great permomances from Oilver Reed and not to mention Richard Harris, who of course sadly died Friday.

I guess something else which relates to both this thread and the other - is soundtracks - I would recommend listening to some while working - 'Gladiator' and 'The Thin Red Line' - both by Hans Zimmer are excellent...and 'Bladerunner' is an obvious one ...'Band of Brothers' - excellent sound track and series.

coriat - LOTR is great -looking forward to the extra 30minutes then? the soundtrack is great to work to, too! Fight Club is a great movie - a brilliant take on a difficult subject matter. Must have been pretty challenging to bring awareness of schizophrenia to the masses.

cheers
    Jez

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I just rented Resident Evil a couple nights ago... I hated everything except the part with the lasers and the "licker."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A good one I ordered not too long ago is Crumb. Not only is it great for inspiration, but it's a portrait of one artist who you might actually feel normal in comparison to. I love and respect his work a LOT (it's tough to be as brutally honest as he is in his drawings). this guy is a complete nut when it comes to his drawing (or just about anything else). Perfect movie to pop in and draw during. It's very bitter sweet.

Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite. Inwardly we commit every crime in thought, but outwardly we are irreproachable.

-Jiddu Krishnamurti

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just finished watching Amelie from Montmartre. I like it a lot! One of those movies that makes you feel good
    Too bad I only managed to get English subtitles for the first half of it (had to listen to the last hour in French...and my French isn't THAT good...), but on the other side that means I'll have to see it again. I need to get this one on DVD.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just watched Panic Room. Not Fincher's best movie but I liked how he used the camera and setup the shots.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.