Artist-in-Residencies, Budapest

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Artist-in-Residencies, Budapest

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist-in-Residencies, Budapest

"understanding of world cultures"

Call for artists: International Artist Residencies, Budapest, Hungary 2010

The Hungarian Multicultural Center, Inc.® (HMC), 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, invites interested visual artists, writers, performers to submit application for its residency program in Budapest, Hungary.
    The residencies offer participants to interact with other artists representing a variety of cultures and backgrounds. Approximately 6-8 artists are invited for each session.

Program Dates:
    Tuesday May 11, 2010 - Thursday, June 3, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by February 6. 2010*
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 - Thursday, July 1, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 - Thursday, July 29, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - Thursday August 26, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
    Monday, December 27, 2010 - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 --Deadline (must be received) by September 6. 2010*

Applications via email only.
    Work samples: 5-10 jpeg images, under 1 MB each. For film/video, please email clearly labelled youtube/site links. Please do not refer us to a general website link or send an incomplete application.
    http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com/id69.html

While HMC does not provide funding for residencies, we are helping to facilitate the creation of program, the cost of the exhibitions and cover %40 of total cost, artists cover %60. We encourage the applicants to apply for a grant or scholarship.

For questions, application form please write to Beata Szechy
    bszechy@yahoo.com
    http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com

Last edited by bszechy; January 31st, 2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Update for 2010
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up Call for artists: International Artist Residencies, Budapest, Hungary 2010

Program Dates:
    Tuesday May 11, 2010 - Thursday, June 3, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by February 6. 2010*
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 - Thursday, July 1, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 - Thursday, July 29, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - Thursday August 26, 2010 --Deadline (must be received) by March 6. 2010*
    Monday, December 27, 2010 - Tuesday, January 11, 2011 --Deadline (must be received) by September 6. 2010*

http://www.hungarian-multicultural-center.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excuse me, I asked you a question over a year ago, and you still haven't replied. You probably won't again, but the question still stands. At the very least start a new thread, so you don't damn yourself with this one. Somehow I bet this was posted by a bot...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

AIR-Budapest

I remember you, and I have your letter from 2008 on our file with my answer..
    1. I left a note on your web site...
    2. I just do not understand your negative attitude...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You left a note on my website? Do you mean my deviantart page? Because I don't remember ever seeing a note. I think considering the nature of the question, and other artists' interest, you should state the answer here.

My negativity is solely based on not wanting to be involved in scams. My school recently got suckered by an online scam and now they're getting letters from claims companies demanding over 1000 Euros, for a service that was neither desired, nor asked for, nor worth the price.

I did a google search for your residency and found that thread, as the only link related to it. Now, can you explain why you've been reported for criminal activity?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They lure you to hungary...take your passport and force you into art sweatshops!!

At least, that's my best guess given the information so far

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just an update. The note I recieved was posted as of yesterday, about a year after asking, and it doesn't answer the question:

"I have came to your side to check your work after your (negative) comment on the AIR/HMC, Budapest 2010. Have a creative new year and wish that you could come to our residency and exhibitions sometimes..."

As an artist living nearby, I'd love to make some art in Budapest, and having an exhibit would also be great. But first I need to know what happened, and if your residency program is legit.

EDIT2: Clicking further, it seems the were only reported for spam, so the residency itself may be legit. I found a blog of someone who did it, and had no complaints, so sorry for any offence.

Last edited by TASmith; February 1st, 2010 at 12:16 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.