Thanks

If you could... would it be?

Ok, a little game thing

1. If you could have one persons sketchbook to keep and study, who's would it be?
    2. If you could have a piece of art created by anyone of anything, who would draw it and what would it be of?
    3. If you could be taught to draw by anyone, who would it be?
    4. If you could only see one persons artwork for the rest of your life and no one elses, whos would it be?
    5. If you could only use one medium for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    6. If you could own any piece of art that has already been created, what would it be?
    7. If you could live with 3 other artists, who would they be?
    8. If you could be the best in one field of art, what would it be?

Go go go. feel free to suggest questions to add!
    Last edited by Fraz; December 15th, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    1. Vilppu/djurdjevic (and I don't mean the sketchbook highlights, I mean every single scrap of paper they did before they got good.)
    2) "Extinction of modern art", it would be a live performance piece done by everybody in the world.
    3) http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques-Louis_David
    4) Rembrandt
    5) Oil paint.
    6) Mona Lisa, think of the publicity.
    7) None, unless you mean keep them in the basement behind looking glass. In that case John Angel, Tony Ryder and Vilppu. Once they're done teaching, they will be released into the wild again.
    Last edited by Hyskoa; December 14th, 2008 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    1. If you could have one persons sketchbook to keep and study, who's would it be? - Luke Hollis

2. If you could have a piece of art created by anyone of anything, who would draw it and what would it be of? It'd be great to watch Sargent paint a large portrait. It'd also be cool to have Jim Henson make a muppet of me.

3. If you could be taught to draw by anyone, who would it be? Michelangelo, or Da Vinci?

4. If you could only see one persons artwork for the rest of your life and no one elses, whos would it be?... tough question. I'd choose a living artist so I can keep seeing new things. Maybe Aurelie Neyret? or Alpenflegger - that way there's always tons of updates.

5. If you could only use one medium for the rest of your life, what would it be? - Oil.

6. If you could own any piece of art that has already been created, what would it be? - I've already got so much on my harddrive. I'd be scared to have an expensive original. I don't have the security or even humidity for it. I'm happy with my digital image collection - over 3,000 artists now

Thanks
    1) Boris Vallejo. A life long idol, probably even before I understood why...i would just kill for some of his drawings.

2) Rebecca Guay. I find her sweet art very enchanting, but if I could have her paint anything it would be her dark fairies from some of her most recent magic cards (bitterblossom). I love dark art, and mixing her natural sweetness with that darkness just touches my heart.

3) Boris, agian. From my understanding he is actually a really good teacher.

4) Awe this is hard. I may need to lean towards Todd McFarlane, simply because I've always found his work inspiring and able to instantly fill me with ideas. Only one artist though? That's rough...

5) Easy. Oil paints. However it not being able to blow glass ever would be fairly saddening..

6)Dark Dreamer by Patrick Jones. link
    My work: [link]

Thanks
    New question.
    7. If you could live with 3 other artists, who would they be?

Thanks
    1) Bjorn Hurri, ALL his sketchbooks. That man is an art machine!
    2) Have Sargent or Bougureau paint a portrait...of me? While I'm wishing I might as well be vain
    3) Mentler
    4) Ah I can't decide!
    5) I want to say oil but I'll go with digital. I lovelovelove oils but I also love how fast and unstressful digital painting is.
    6)Sargent's portrait of Edouard and Marie-Loise Pailleron

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    1. Can't choose.
    2. Don't know.
    3. There's too many!
    4. Can't answer that one, because it would never end well.
    5. Digital.
    6. Don't really have one.
    7. Don't want to.

Wow. I answered only one question.

Thanks
    1. John William Waterhouse. Or the ones of Mucha.
    2. I'd love to see Ilja Repin paint anything (big).
    3. Ilja Repin and/or Lčon Bonnat.
    4. I second Hyskoa on Rembrandt.
    5. Oil paint.

Can't answer the last two questions yet.
    Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    1. If you could have one persons sketchbook to keep and study, who's would it be?
    MagicMan (now removed :_( )
    2. If you could have a piece of art created by anyone of anything, who would draw it and what would it be of? None in particular. ^^
    3. If you could be taught to draw by anyone, who would it be? Hiroaki Samura, of course.
    4. If you could only see one persons artwork for the rest of your life and no one elses, whos would it be? Aww... so sad... maybe Van Gogh.
    5. If you could only use one medium for the rest of your life, what would it be? I assume that drawing will still exist... so for me, watercolor.
    6. If you could own any piece of art that has already been created, what would it be? only one again?
    7. If you could live with 3 other artists, who would they be? Don´t mind, everyone is a great person if they don´t are modern artists ^^
    Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

Thanks
    1. Jean Leon Gerome OR Odd Nerdrum
    2. A painting by Alma-Tadema of me in front of a massive, beautiful building (with a healthy number of flowers scattered about).
    3. John Singer Sargent
    4. Turner, probably.
    5. Oils.
    6. Waterhouse's "Flora and the Zephyrs" (*swoon*)
    Check out my sketchbook? updated 02.01

Thanks
    New question added.

8. If you could be the best in one field of art, what would it be?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.