Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Whoa! Big improvement with the facial features study!! Keep learning and applying your new understanding to what you create!

Smooth out those digital renders! A bit on the foggy side. Give them some more attention

Gave you some stars to keep you movin'!
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey thanks for the quick reply! It's great to see all these anatomy studies, they
    really help and your faces are also getting better.
    Cheers
    when you get to hell, tell them I sent you - you`ll get a group discount

My Sketchbook

kischisart.com
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Your first blind contours struck me as traced. The lines are, I dont like saying flawless, but yea I'd consider them pretty perfect. Unless you did contour blind, and then went over it with a darker pencil and fixed it up. Or you've got a TON of experience with it. Generally, I don't think contour blind looks that good.

Next, you have a torso labelled wrong. It's the page of Arms where you have written "movement changes the shape of muscles" - The names of the muscles aren't necessarily important, but they are very helpful to know. The shape is what most starting artists might want to be more concerned with. Pretty much just swap "Latissimus Dorsi (spelling?)" and "Pectoralis Major" and there ya go. "pectoralis Minor" on that torso is actually the Anterior head of the Deltoid. Pecs and Deltoids do two very different things. One lifts the arm out to the side, one pulls it towards the sternum.

On a brighter note: your stuff is VERY clean, which I like. I also like that you're using work from Bridgman and there is another book you have that I USED to have for references and you're studying them. That will definitely help. Don't forget the life drawings - drawing from real life is the best way to go (and probably something I should be doing more of). Well done.

In a box ruled by the evil wacom overlord
    Thanks
    hey man i can see that your anatomy skills are constantly improving just keep at those studies and try and do more facial studies but look at the shape and contours of the face to understand it a bit more and this will help with placement of facial features
    keep drawing !
    SKETCHBOOK

----DESKTOPS THREAD----
    : Share your desktops and wallpapers :

"THE HOLES ARE FOR MY EYES"

Thanks
    @iane: Thank you for the nice words, i will do more facial features studies for sure! They indeed help alot. About the digitals, i will try to put some more effort and time in them. Though i think it is my style or my lack of skill to make it smooth.

@Kischi: Thanks man, ur sketchbook was inspirational to me!

@hitnrun: Thanks for taking time to look trough my sketchbook and thanks for the nice pointers and crits you gave me.
    The blind contours excersice is something that works incredibly good. Best way to do it is to just make yourself not lift your pencil even when you make a wrong line.
    It helps to see the negative space and so u see form instead of the object itself.
    About the mislabelled muscles, i dont care so much about the names,
    i kinda copied it from a book.
    Though the comment about the movement of the muscles change the shape of the whole is a true statement i think . Anyway, thanks again for the kind words and crits!

@Bagg: Thanks! Im practicing as much as i can to get as good as i can be!
    I will do more studies untill i freakin understand everything i draw/create!

Here is some more stuff i did today

90 second poses, need to practice this more..
    Roger's Sketchbook  - 2013 - <3
    Some random stuff
    Just letting my hand & mind go..

Thanks
    Well i heared today that im denied from the art school i applied to..
    So today totally failed, couldnt get any work done and the stuff i made was absolute rubbish,
    Appartently everything i make is still complete rubbish.
    Maybe i should do real drawings paintings instead of studies..
    Though i somehow have this idea of first learning something before creating something.
    Like the learn to walk before you run..

ohwell here is the stuff from today and yesterday..

some hands:
    blind contours:
    some stuff from mind:
    Did a digi 15 min color study thingie..

Thanks
    Try to think it this way. Now you have a complete new year to work on the stuff you think you´re weaker. So, instead of having to follow every class with sometimes (many times) senseless assignments wich slow down your learning pace, you can focus on what you know or you feel you need to improve. I just left school cause of that. Yes, I was learning things from here and there, but that doesn´t pay for the time you lose in that process, since you could be making a way better use of that time. School, or specific learning from some good teacher may also come in the future, and apart of that, I see you´re improving a lot, soooooo... keep going, you´re doing great!
    Last edited by jpdelteso; April 2nd, 2009 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks
    Well i was kinda busy today at work,
    So i couldnt rly do alot of drawingzz :X

BTW does anyone know some good study material for hands or legs?

here is what i came up with today..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 586 Posts
    Hey man, nice to see all these studies in here! You're certainly doing your homework and it'll carry you far. Don't worry about the art school, and don't let that make you think studies aren't the way to go. Make paintings and finished work for the love of it by all means, but don't stop what you're doing. For arms and legs, I'd pretty much say the standards- Bridgman and Loomis. Look into some back issues of ImagineFX for Ron Lemen's body part tutorials as well, those were extremely helpful.

-Sid

Thanks
    @Sidharth Chaturvedi: Thanks.. I guess you are right, studies are the best way to improve but i guess not a very good way to impress.. (Impress the acception committee ) For the hand n leg studies i will carry on with bridgman and loomis i guess. I will have to look up the IFX magazines.
    I only know the website, they dont sell that magazine in my country, atleast not that im awear of

I btw got a brandnew Intuos 4 A4.. and it .. beep beep beep! pownz!!
    I used to have a very little bamboo fun :X the touchscreen of my mobile was bigger.. if you know what im saying.
    So this is super, just rly got to get used to it, and to digital painting.
    Im not a super star with color, but i guess you all saw that before.
    Thats why i do more studies than paintings :X

Ohwell i made this portrait today. Like 1hour30..

Thanks

Thanks
    A self portrait i made with my new wacom,, i actually fell in love with this one...
    Now it will just take time and practice to master it!

Thanks
    Hey man, thanks for dropping by the SB with crits. I think you're right. The cheekbone should stick out a bit more.

As for your work, just keep practicing man. You've definitely shown improvement but I feel as though your work could have more direction. Maybe work some kind of plan out for yourself. For example, for the month of April I will focus on the following: Hands, Feet, Arms and Legs. And then next month: Face, Ribcage,etc... Get the idea. The reason I propose this is because you seem to want to take on a it too much all at once which can actually slow down your progress. I would suggest laying low on doing any coloring and painting and just sticking to the basics: pencil and paper. Also, look into any local art studios or universities that offer figure drawing that are open to the public. Drawing from life boosted my drawing skills big time.

Alright man, good luck and keep trekking!
    Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Thanks
    Peetaer: No problem about the comment It was something that just popped out.. so i thought hmm i might help him if i tell him ! Guess it did!
    Thanks for noticing my progress.. maybe you are right about the plan i should make formyself.
    And i guess i indeed should try to take up 1 thing at the time.
    But i always wanna put the things ive learned to action.
    Like if i practiced 50arms , i wanna attach them to some torso.
    (Its btw hard to find good torso studies? or torsos to study from?)
    But i guess i should take it more slowly , and just focus on 1 thing and 1 thing only.. Maybe something to start with,,

Today(and yesterday) i couldnt resist myself to just do alot of diff stuff..
    thnx!

Thanks
    sweet amount of studies dude, i can see that it is paying of on the non-ref drawings. The multi-arm/legs girl is really nice. (reminds me of the some of algenplegers and Janaschis drawings)

Cheers!
    My sketchbook:
    Fumble

My brothers sketchbook:
    Braintree

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast