Art: Dragons_Slayer's Animations

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dragons_Slayer's Animations

Just registered today and I already like it here. A forum about drawing and painting, treads about 3D art and here one about all kinds of animations. It did a lot of traditional animation a while ago, it was for my graduationproject about an experimental animator called Norman McLaren. here is one to begin with:

the frames were taken by me with a simple digital camera, I also did the drawing on the blackboard and the hand is also my hand. As seen in the credits, the song is called Zoolookologie by Jean Michel Jarre. I hope you like it! And if so I will post more.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragons_Slayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woaaaaah animation and JMJarre? *Falls over in convulsions*

Actually I think your thread might inspire someone on the forum that was wondering about doing a stop motion anim on blackboard. I hope they see this Out of curiosity, how much time did it take you?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can't really tell... I started working on it somewhere around this time last year, but besides the animations I also had to write a paper about the artist I had chosen, so I stopped working on it for a month or more. Most of the time I animated in the evening so I didn't have light coming from my windows, only from the spot. I think it took about a month if I would have worked on it every evening, but I didn't so it took some more. Here another one, this one is made in less time, it took me only one evening and like the other one, it's all done by me, camera, animating (not that there is alot of animation) and also the acting :p :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here my latest animation for school, we were free to do what we wanted but it had to be about "Indication". So I made an Experimental Animation. This is the result, this time the music is also done by me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not sure if I would call that animation... more video editing. However, this is still the right place for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dragons Slayer, very clever! The blackboard animation an your hand integration was excellent. Nice choice of music too, Jean Michel Jarre.
    The black and white photo of the male head turning on a axis was touch I wasn't expecting. Good layering.

Two Graphic Novels changed my life: The first was in a college Marine Corp ROTC class. A Gunny, (Marine Sergeant Instructor) handed us a training manual, 'The Bell UH-IE (Huey) Helicopter Engine Extraction Comic Book.' The second was Maas; the story of WWII Concentration Camp Life told via the imagery of Cats and Mice. Any preconceived ‘limits’ I had about any visual arts, were destroyed.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.