Dynamic Batman Stage1 Poll - Constructive Crits+Comments welcome!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Does the idea describe a dynamic event?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • SamC

1 12.50%
  • Walid D

4 50.00%
  • The7artist7

4 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 556 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Ok - please vote on which roughs set up a good dynamic idea for a stage 2 final piece!

This is a multiple choice poll (select all the boxes you want to vote for then click to vote)

Please remember this is not about how good the artwork is at this stage but how dynamic the idea is also I would like to encourage everyone to give constructive crits and comments (inc. paintovers to explain if you like) etc.

For more info on the ideas click here for the Stage1 thread

Many thanks

Here are the submissions:

SamC

Walid D

The7artist7

Last edited by The7Artist7; December 8th, 2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like Walid D's piece so far. A real sense of speed is made from the angle of the bike, cape, road etc all leading towards the explosion

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok SamC - as it's so close to the start of the poll I've changed your entry to your late-submission

Comments:

SamC - Great dynamic idea but lacking the real dynamic composition to really bring it to life (we can sort that out though eh!). I would make the exploding building the focus and have the car crashing through and going off to our right and Batman swinging away to our left. I'd also probably take away the moon and just have the bat-sign. Overall a really explosive idea with great potential - well done

Walid D - Excellent piece buddy - really emphasizing the focus and drawing the viewer in by using perspective, lighting and strong lines. With so much of an emphasis on perspective I would try to make all the building lines as accurate as possible. Also it'd be nice to have some indication of what is causing the police car to explode (super-strong bad guy like Bane smashing the ground under the police car or the hint of a huge bad guy's truck smashing towards us behind the explosion)
    Again a great piece - nice work!

With my piece, I didn't get enough time to flesh this out as I would like to have, but think it does give an interesting base to work from. I'm planning to really turn the action up a gear having the Batmobile swerving violently around an attack from the bad guys - also work on the bad-dude's van to have it more crazy and showing the speed of the chase. Also expect strong colours and contrast!

Keep rocking

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The7Artist7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll try to make a constructive critique for each piece !

SamC : the idea is great, but the "camera" angle is not really appropriate to add great dynamism in your sketch. A good way to understand how dynamic composition work is to watch some movies, and to see how they do to create this dynamism, "camera "angle, light, .... An other way is to read some marvel comics! They are great to learn how to do dynamic poses and great compositions ! Anyway, I'm looking forward to see your final piece Keep it up

The7artist7 : I really find that your piece is the best one. I really love the "camera" angle, it's really dynamic, with the car which is a bit jumping, it ad some speed to the car, and i find your style really good, your line quality is great! ! So I really wanna see your finished piece !!! And update your sketchbook !!!!

So in my illustration, there are no story, I agree with you the7artist7, we don't know why the car exploded, and who made it, and it's an important part in an illustration ! I also find that batman body is a bit small compared to the bike !! And thanks The7artist7 for commenting my piece! So I'll try to fix some mistakes for the stage 2 !!

Last edited by kikindaface; December 8th, 2008 at 06:03 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kikindaface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey hey - A draw! Nice one

See you both in Stage 2 soon!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.