Hello!... I hope I got this right~
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Hello!... I hope I got this right~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello!... I hope I got this right~

Hello to all you wonderful people here on ConceptArt (: I recently found this place while looking around DeviantART... And while I do say I like DA, I can never seem to get any good critique. :c This is my first time here, if I did anything wrong in the making of this forum/categories/whatever, please let me know, and I'll try not to do it again in the future! Thank you~

So anywayyyy.... Moving on to the pic, which I hope successfully uploaded..
    Even if it did, I had to skew it down a good 66%, which sucks. :< If you can't see it very well, Here's a bigger pic~

I would love critique or opinions on the face so far. I would also love any ideas for a body, he's been sitting in my sketchbook without a body for months <:

Thanks again~
    Love,
    Urii

EDIT:
    I really hope I posted this in the right area because I was looking around and all I could see was really amazing art.. Hah :[

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not sure what you are thinking because of a few shapes thrown in there, but I went off a merging of wolf/human anatomy for this. I would like to see where you see the skeleton sitting.

The biggest thing for me in this piece is that the ear canal is placed inside the jaw and the jaw feeling dislocated.

Attached Images Attached Images  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bai Fan View Post
    I am not sure what you are thinking because of a few shapes thrown in there, but I went off a merging of wolf/human anatomy for this. I would like to see where you see the skeleton sitting.

The biggest thing for me in this piece is that the ear canal is placed inside the jaw and the jaw feeling dislocated.

The shape you outlined in the green would be one of the two horns that are on his head.
    I also understand where you are getting with the ear canal, I do notice now that I really ought to go fix that.. Also the cranium.. My original idea was for him to have a bigger, thick head that can't be damaged when running into things. I wonder how I could make that work better? Anyway! Thank you so much for your time, sir, means so very much to me. (: I appreciate it~
    Also- thanks for telling I'm at the right place, I was getting really worried for a second there.. c:

EDT:

I attempted some changes based on what you have said, Bai Fan:

Last edited by Uriiko; December 4th, 2008 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i suppose if you want to thicken the skull bring it forward and up to indicate that the bone is thicker instead of stretching it back, which just makes the skull long and likely more delicate. when it's stretched out it suggests something a little more graceful and delicate, however a head that could smash through stuff should be much more brutal. think of a war hammer, the head on one of those is big, sure, but it's really thick and blocky.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was thinking more of those ramming dinos from Jurassic park 2. When dealing with a jaw, look at a skull and think about how the jaw moves and where the pivot point would be.

I don't really like the saggy spiked thing in the neck.

The legs are really short.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.