Sketchbook: Sinix (12/05)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Sinix (12/05)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sinix (12/05)

Ok, simple enough, I've loved the daily sketchbook section of CA for awhile now, and I decided I better get with the program, grow some motivation, and start working harder. To help me work harder, I'm hoping that this will have me sketching more often. I need to improve, grr.

A quick history, I started drawing sometime last year, I hadn't really been known to draw at all before then.... so, I'm getting into the game pretty late, hopefully eventually I'll make up for that. I'm more interested in comic art than anything... hoping to make my own comic next year and so on, but I'd also love to get into concept art at some point. I'm open to any suggestions or ideas on different things to try or work on.

I'll stop typing soon, one last thing to note, I'm using "txt" files to host my files at tripod and post here. If this isn't working or you know another good solution, feel free to share.

Alright, this page was just kinda whipped up in the past hours so I could start this thing off.. hopefully I'll get into more studies, figures, mechanical stuff.. whatever in the future.
    Sinix (12/05)

Last edited by Sinix; December 6th, 2003 at 04:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not a whole lot, only really did one sketch today, but it gave me a chance to mess around and color it in photoshop. If these things aren't showing up, try refreshing the page once.. that seems to work for some reason??

Sinix (12/05)

Sinix (12/05)

Last edited by Sinix; December 2nd, 2003 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your linework. the weight of it all.. keep pumping more im anxious to see you expand.

The hands look a lil expression-ized.. or cartoony for the lack of a better term.. yet somehow sorta believable by consistency in style. studies are cool.. too bad im a hypocrit

nice color practice.. anxious to see more from you. any comment on my stuff would push me farther so hoping to do the same. check mine out if u get time pal. link below. thnx. piece - chudds

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if you just started i'm jelous. these look really good, post some mo'

"I watch everything I hate I love everything"
    sketchbook thread
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ick...I wanted to draw alot today, somehow the time always gets away. Oh well, there's still time left, maybe I'll get inspired and tack on some more. This is just some scraps from now.

Sinix (12/05)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff, i just wish there was more of it. The girl with the 010101010 coming out of her head looks cute. generally i like your linework, it┤s much cleaner then anything i have ever done, and if you just started out it seems to be going good for you.

It┤s hard to give any good crits since your style is very cartoony, it┤s easier to spot mistakes when things are more lifelike. Your gun looks weird though, the grip needs to be longer i think.

Im looking forward to seeing more of your art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GRRPH!!! I've wanted to do so much, I don't know where the time goes.... gah, hopefully one of these days I can hit a giant wave of productiveness. This is.. a weak entry... especially considering I haven't made one the past couple days. However, I did take a quick lil amount of time today to work on something new, as in... digital sketching, or speed painting.. or whatever the word is. I'm gonna try to do one of these quick photoshop sketches at least every other day and hopefully get a better hang of it. This first one is pretty uncreative... a guy with a robe and a staff with a light on the end? Yea, I know.

Sinix (12/05)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bah, I just spent a long time working on this drawing.... I'm so slow with coloring sometimes.. couldn't figure out what I wanted.... anyway, first off, here's the sketch in my sketchbook... I liked it. It's also of the main character for my comic.

Sinix (12/05)

Here's the colored version... too lazy to do background, I usually throw in any minimalist thing I can to make up for that when I can.

Sinix (12/05)

EDIT: Hah, well, Tripod terminated my account for breaking the rules... I just finished switching to geocities, hopefully they won't mind as much. So hard to get free hosting these days.

Last edited by Sinix; December 2nd, 2003 at 06:10 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some good stuff going on here.

The one thing that I think you should focus on are hands. They're difficult, but I'm sure that with enough practice you'll get fluent with drawing 'em.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. :hello!:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, im liking what I see.. no matter the angle choice u always seem to give a sense of movement or atleast an expression in the character. Good stuff. that small digital drawing is a kick, do more. looks like excellent practice. and regardless of lack of originality.. the colors are kicking my friend. post more im off to do some posting myself. even though i have nothing. piece - chudds

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gah... I saw Last Samurai today.... truely a great movie, I'll recommend it to anyone. It's been a great year for movies in my opinion, and this one is definitely one of the best. Anyway, onto... art? I think I might just fill a page with tiny thumbnails tonight. Well, yea... at any rate.... let me start off with this.. "thing". I just tossed together 12 or so 30 second sketches in photoshop for fun... to make a lil animation. Actually, I would love to try some actual flash animations with content sometime. At any rate, this was a test, and I think I'll try to do some form of animation every week, it's fun stuff.

Sinix (12/05)

Next, this was just a quick coloring I did of Sanejack7's beautiful sketch, but I figured I'd throw it in here in case someone had some CGing advice.

Sinix (12/05)

Finally, just some sketching I did, I haven't been overly happy with my faces, so I'm messing with things.

Sinix (12/05)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice stuff! My especiale favorite is the guy with the katana.

It is good to see that you are trying so many different techniques and subjects and styles for someone who is just starting, keep it up!

- Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Members who have read this thread: 12