Epson 1400
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Epson 1400

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 516 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Icon Epson 1400

I've been looking around for a couple days for my first printer for the sake of portfolio mailers. I'm NOT posting the biweekly "what should I get? header. I've read through those already, where I could find 'em. They were part of what got me on track.

Long story short, after two very full days of reading posts and reviews and comparisons and talking to sales people I'm looking at the Epson 1400. It's a printer only so you're not paying for Scan, Fax, Copy (or WiFi) feautures thereby maximizing the printing bang for your buck. Printing is what it does and apparently it does this ridiculously well for what the manufacturer's site is charging: $180 after $120 in mail-in rebates. Everywhere else this model is at least $300. I looked at many reviews of $300-$400 printers and this got better and more consistent reviews for print quality than anything else I could find so far. The color was actually (and I wanna say consistently ? ) placed close to, if not right next to the 1900 and 2400 with the trade off printwise being the necessity of a 'workaround' related to B&W prints to avoid a bit of green tint.

I'm sure I'm not the only one looking around for a good printer this Holiday season and comparing the great reviews to the great price I'd actually feel a little irresponsible not mentioning it here. On the otherhand if I'm offtrack (again) I'd hope to hear that too before I spend cash?

Last edited by Bill; November 26th, 2008 at 03:44 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 516 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hope this isn't spam but I got this today and it's frickin awesome. Also, it comes with PS Elements, which I need and didn't already have. An A3 Epson printer and PS Elements for $180. It seemed worth mentioning if anybody's looking for a good deal on a printer, especially if Elements would be usefull to you.

Merry Christmas.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.