Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Icon IDW #83: Crawler Factory - Voting

IDW #83 Topic: Crawler Factory

Deadline for voting: Tuesday, December 2

No voting for your own entries! I repeat, no voting for your own entries

Give critiques and comments, we're all here to learn from each other!

Original thread: IDW #83: Crawler Factory

Don't forget to vote in this thread as well: IDW #84: Destructibles - voting

Name:  IDW logo poll smaller.JPG
Views: 620
Size:  7.5 KB

Last edited by yoitisi; November 25th, 2008 at 07:45 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Jim Hatama

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Jim Hatama.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  199.2 KB

Artist: maieth

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Maieth.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  83.2 KB

Artist: Jeff Zugale

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Jeff Zugale.png
Views: 1212
Size:  100.9 KB

The wheels on the bottom of this thing are giant versions of some really cool all-directional wheels I saw on Discovery Channel. Here's a video of how they work: http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/a...ift-174324.php

Artist: animosapien

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - animosapien.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  135.6 KB

The fifth device of IncuBus. Unlike the other 4 devices, 'The Recruiter' is not built as a fighting machine...As the name itself renders,This giant mechanical leech moves at a slow pace. Its job? It recruits workers...men ,women ...and sends them to the inbuilt Furnace. The men work all day and night, the women are kept as 'stock reproducers' for additional manpower in the future. The offsprings generated are categorized into 3: Workers,Fighters ad Stock reproducers (female child).

Nobody knows clearly as to why the workers are recruited or 'what' they do inside.But rumors are that they forge weapons-of all types, for an imminent civil war.A war thet will last for ages...where the necessity will only be there for a fighter and a weapon.

The fungi colony breeded on the shell of the recruiter provideS limitless bio energy for the forge and the furnace. The recruits are taken young, what happens to them, nobody knows!!!

Artist: Mutley

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Mutley.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  274.6 KB

Sand-crawler-factory
    The factory is thought to operate in the area of desert, it means it can encounter sand storms that can cause electrical because of the sand composition. The factory is well sealed to prevent infiltrations of sand inside. The factory dispose of apartments for workers, the dining room, helicopter-airplane runway, conference hall, etc.

Artist: zupzup

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Zupzup.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  123.5 KB

Artist: buka

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Buka.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  242.2 KB

The idea is that this sea-shore creature thanks to it's abdomen using sand minerals and salty water can produce new type of efficient fuel. Infrastructure joined to it's body speeds up whole process and processes fuel for further use.
    The creature after resource depletion moves to another location.

Artist: Ryan DeMita

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Ryan DeMita.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  137.1 KB

Artist: iwantjelly

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Iwantjelly.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  79.8 KB

This thing closes itself into a tear-shaped ship, It's a metal recycling factory : it picks up old metal rubish on huge dump-planets and transforms it into melted cubes of every kind of metal, using its built-in blast furnace.

Artist: elemidi

Name:  IDW 83 Crawler Factory - Elemidi.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  317.2 KB

Took a chunk of the Lower East Side, put it on legs, and set a factory on top...

Last edited by yoitisi; November 25th, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some late notes on this round:

Again, apologies for putting the poll up so late. New Zealand and the workshop were awesome though.

While setting up the poll I was faced with the new attachment manager system, which makes me put in your name and the categories it's in. Besides it being a lot of work for me to go through all that for every round, it's also not the right way to go about it anymore since it's got to do with copyright stuff. Of course the copyright of your images belongs to you (and I do put in your name in there, honest ) so I think I'll transfer to the system as used in the most of the other activities as of now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some really cool entries here, I have to say; Jim Hatama, really like the design and execution of yours, lovely looseness + sense of scale and solidity, though in the end it seemed a bit more a walking factory than crawler (sorry for pedantry) so my vote went to Ryan DeMita—awesome piece there!

iwantjelly, really like the design you've got there, a great style to it, though it's difficult to get a sense of scale with it; the mountains in the background are a bit too undefined; the whole thing almost looks like it could be crawling across a billiard table.. Still. Very nice work.

Last edited by Mr--Jack; November 27th, 2008 at 12:19 AM.
    it occurs to me that both my emotions and reactions are ill-placed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted for Ryan. Awesome stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice quality entries and a bit more than last round. I liked something in every entry really. I simply picked Ryan as in my minds eye, just hit me as the most doable, realistic utilitarian option. Which counted for something in my book. today anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr--Jack : Thanks, all you say is very true, mainly because my entry is shamefully far from finished. I planned on drawing a huge dump planet, but hadn't have any time so it ended up as a huge billiard ball planet with crapy moutains......

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.