Dynamic Energy Challenge - Wolverine Stage2 Final POLL!!

View testimonialsView Artwork

View Poll Results: Which final piece is most Dynamic?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Me,Myself&Me Again

0 0%
  • Smrtbob

1 7.69%
  • Splendidriver

5 38.46%
  • tobbA

0 0%
  • The7artist7

7 53.85%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 556 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Ok everybody - The final poll for the Dynamic Wolverine challenge! Stage 2 is complete - now time to VOTE!

Please vote on which one you like best for being Dynamic! - comments welcome!

Unfortunately S.C.P.'s computer died before he was able to create a stage 2 piece but thanks buddy - all the best getting it sorted!

Ok - here's the art:

Me,Myself&Me Again:

Smrtbob:

Splendidriver:

tobbA:

The7artist7:

Last edited by The7Artist7; November 24th, 2008 at 07:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work guys!
    I think yours is. It keeps my eyes moving between the fists and the rest of the scene. There's alot of motion going on, which I feel is dynamic. The pose could use some work though, his legs are in a very odd position in particular which breaks the flow of the picture. I don't feel like I "get" why he's putting his blades into something that looks like concrete or wooden panels. Maybe he could rip up a fabric of some sort?

Tobba's, yours is a very well rendered figure, but it's about as dynamic as a statue. Something to practice abit?
    Me,Myself&Me: It's got some strength and attitude, but it doesn't translate as dynamic to me. He's just standing there. Legs are waay too short. Avoid pure black and white lighting in a color painting.
    Smrtbob: This one's got some dynamics and motion, I like the idea, but I don't agree with how it's realized. The figure could use a lot of work, try putting more emphasis on the silhouette, it's too vague at the moment. Make sure the shading color is darker than the light.
    Splendidriver: Very nice lines and shapes going on here, they bring motion to the scene. But again, he's just standing there. I don't really get the scene.

The crits are with good intentions. I hope you take them as encouragement to explore and develop. Keep it up fellas!

A final pointer would be that motion blur doesn't add dynamics primarily, but strong directional shapes. The arms of The7artist are like opposing arrows, that's what makes it work. Keep the eyes jumping between strong and contrasting focal points.

Last edited by derelic7; November 24th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to derelic7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's only one thing that is dynamic in my pic, that is the dynamic angle .

Me myself: I'd rather prefer a more dynamic thingy here . And the anatomy is not quite well.

Smrtbob: I think yours is the most dynamic thing here, and it's good looking too

tobba: I don't really get what he was doing :-?

7artist: yours is good too. It's really a dynamic pose. But I really want to see this in another angle, it'd be more dramatical

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    CrazyHarij - Thanks for the honest but constructive crits/comments - they are very welcome

Splendidriver - you make a great point about there being different ways of expressing 'Dynamic' - something I was going to mention in my comments. It was cool to see you exploring one specific element with your pic.

With my pic - It's a sharp cold icy day with heavy clouds and mist hanging in the air around the mountain rocks - wolverine is 'zig-zag' sprinting low with great power/energy directly at you the viewer who is looking from the eyes of his opponent (his leading leg is just at the point of digging into the ground to throw him another bound forward). It's rock he's slashing his claws through (distracting to his enemy plus will create a shower of rock splinters as he finishes the strike)...

..Ok lol getting over-excited about discussing this and have work to do - I will be back later - all the best

Last edited by The7Artist7; November 26th, 2008 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why i can't vote 4 anyone ????
    @splendid:em vào từ chiều 26 mà vẫn không vote đc TT_TT

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh apologise for spaming,i can vote now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha! - I finally have some spare time

Glad you got things sorted godhunter - thanks for voting!

OK - comments!

Me,Myself&Me Again - I pretty much agree with the others here but I think it does convey a sense of dynamic emotion (RAGE!) Just lacking in the Energy department. With the background I feel just having the smooth gradient quietens the image and doesn't match with wolverine - if you went nuts with the background as if it was exploding around him it would really bring it to life!

Smrtbob - excellent concept that fulfills 'dynamic energy' very well apart from the direction of his gaze and expression - I feel these could have been more exaggerated into a gleaming snarl directed at his target! Also I would love to be able to see more definition between him and the background. Great pic though - nice one!

Splendidriver - Now although this piece doesn't hit you with dynamic movement, I love the way you have gone all-out with perspective - also a great example of using the background to energize an image. My only real crit is more depth would have been achieved by not having the background stripes going over the thing he's standing on. Sweet pic though buddy!

tobbA - again I agree with the others on this one - nicely rendered! but it's quite confusing what he's actually doing? For that pose the two things I can think of would be jumping backwards as if avoiding something or as if he's reacting to being struck by a strong energy source like lightning? Again, nice pic but lacking energy

Me(the7artist7) - Thanks for the comments regarding my pic - basically the problems boil down to a lack of planning and exploration of the pose/image etc in stage 1. But overall I'm really quite pleased with it!

THANK YOU all for taking part and having such a diverse take on the theme - I've enjoyed checking out all your pics!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.