Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: new sketchbook

Thanks

Sketchity sketch

So,
    More artistic disaster. I've lost every back up of my demo reel that I had. Everything from failing motherboards to dying external hard drives, you name it, it's happened. So, even if you are crazy cautious, you can still lose it all. Sometimes it's just like....

But,
    What does that mean for me? Well, I'm a huge believer in signs so I'm supposed to take that month or so over the summer before the next Siggraph and make a reel that's a million times better!

Also, I'm going to start posting more of what I want in this sketchbook instead of what I think other people want to see. Time for you to see my true sketches!
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

More Pen doodles!

I do my best sketches in the middle of doing something really important, like paying attention in class for example.

Anyways, I was accepted into TAD, *WOOT*! Congrats to everyone else that made it as well. Greatness is inevitable!
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Happy St. Patties!

So,
    I'm always trying to plan out when to post next and I figure I'll be way too distracted after tonight and the next few days. So, here is my post just for you. Happy St. Patricks day!

Even Warriors can get grumpy!
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Update

So,
    Not too long til graduation now. I get reminded every day by every person that asks me about it and also about the job search. A million different things could happen. I won't hear about results from my interview until the middle of April. I'm on eggshells... So why wouldn't I post an update!? O.O
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

OI!

Why Not 2!!!!
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

500 Views!

Hooray!
    So, Today I have 500 views of my sketchbook! Thanks so much everyone for checking out my art!!!!!
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Can not finish!

So,
    I've been working on an artbook project for awhile and I'm just stuck on one of the pages. Primarily because the color approach is driving me crazy and I want to change up the whole thing. But, I'm over a week into it already so I just need to finish it... But I can't! All I want to do is make new things! Like this light study I did tonight, real quick, because I wanted to.
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Easter

Time to ring in this holiday with... you guessed it... A SKETCH!
    Happy Easter Everyone.
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Late Post

Hey,
    This week I got some potentially devastating news so I've been lacking in the motivation department. But, I have so much work that I need to post! I need to stay positive.
    P.S.
    If anyone can suggest a better way to my images up here, I'd appreciate it. My scanner is fine, it's just that my sketchbook has some weird dimensions so it's really difficult to get a good scan. These camera shots will have to work for now!
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Life Study

If not for my passionate art study buddies like Kev and Andy I don't know how often I'd get out to do some actual life study. I know how important it is so I always try to find some time during the day, even if it's fifteen minutes, to bust something out.

- Also, waiting to hear back about a job is crazy stressful. I've been through an interviewing and waiting period for this job for 7 months. Being active on CA is really one of the more productive distractions I have.
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Why not

Next week is my last week of school... Possibly for the rest of my life. So your probly thinking, why the hell aren't you finishing your finals work instead of posting here. That answer should be obvious. This will help land me an art job over a degree.

Realistically in the industries that we are trying to enter into, unless you have work to show, who is going to hire you? You can have all the qualifications in the world, but unless you have something worth a damn to show, what's it going to matter? Maybe I'm being a pessimist. I acknowledge that I think way too much. It's hard not to when you have bills to pay!

Down below, I drew my buddies motorcycle helmet on a chair at a coffee shop. Below that, I tried drawing a tree at night lit up by the light from a camp fire... koombayah.
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

The trees man...

So,
    I just graduated and life is tasting pretty sweet. But it's that all to familiar feeling that things are going way too good and I need to keep myself in check so I won't be shocked when things begin crashing and burning! Not trying to be pessimistic, but I've gone pretty far before just to lose everything. I'm sure others can relate. But anyways, it's more important for me to keep up my progress than ever, because now it's what will put food on the table. Pretty crazy thought! An awesome thought, but crazy!
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks

Relapse

Hey CA,
    I recently had some deaths in the family and it totally threw me out of wack. I've been working on a piece but it's going to take me a long time to finish it. The day after I found out about everything I got a call from Jason Manley for TAD. I probably sounded like a total buffoon because I was stumbling on my words and not making any sense at all. He can absolutely relate though, dealing with everything he's gone through. Anyways, these bumps in the road will some day even out.
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Thanks
    This is a good start. As you are working from imagination and drawing your favorite characters, it would also be a good thing to spend more time studying anatomy. It's a must for everything related to art.
    You have potential, keep it up.

Thanks

For the Licavoli's

Last week my cousin Tom and I started this picture of my grandfather together. We thought it would be a great way to honor him. Plus, I've only met my cousin one other time in my life and this was a really interesting way to get to know one another. The notes in the corner pretty much describe how the day went. Also, we were drinking heavily when we started this piece, lol. Trying to remember everything that had happened.
    My Sketchbook, Plunge
    < < すぱだか > >
    Portfolio

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast