Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 892 Posts
    @Reaper: thank you; I'm glad there's improvement. anatomy is very time-consuming but I guess still worth it . I guess the color technique doesnt really helping my work yet. gonna have to wrok on that too.

@Leo:
    yes, I did miss you post. I swear it wasnt there when I was uploading. I'll try and answer it now.
    the Numbered are bio-engeneered from gen-date found found on the battlefield; they dna gathered to create them is used from the few greatest magiciens; both from druid and sculptors. altough research was always the sculptor's forte, they never did anything on such a grand scale. yes, both sculpting and druid magic is reletively rare. and the diferences in power can vary much too. a genious only comes along once every ten years or so. with the numbered the sculptor have a hundred fresh ones, with some slight regenerative powers as well. quite a few ethical codes were broken in making the numbered- but the sculptor federation was loosing a long long war.
    most of the sculptor's geniouses are dead after such a long and bloody war - the druids have power over their own bodies and can regrow almost every damage. though initially the sculptor's had a greater number, the druids are almost immortal.
    The numbered are alive but definitively different from normal people. the generals in charge never did think of them as individuals, but as weapons. 38 Red is a little different here; thought of as the best and strongest of the lot by her caretaker, she is dolted upon, and quite spoiled. The others hold a lot more of a grudge agains their creators.
    Yes; they have reason to mute. but its still muteny to turn on your commanders and butcher them :p
    Space travel should be different -the sculptor's much like our own, the druids based on plants. their primary way of getting around should be a 'gateway' from one tree to another on a different planet. how and if they actually go into space I havent figured yet.
    I will not really favor a side in this story those few druid still around seem fixed on refenge. 39 the emperor stuck in some weird dream of starting a dynasty to last forever.
    the story will start at a point around the ending of my backstory, and we will follow red, 38, as she killes the last archdruid, who is also the last seeer.
    he curses her, or blesses her. however which way you look at it.
    the curse means she can never kill again. as one in her profession -that's a bit of a dilemma. especially as she had a deal with the emperor stating when there were no other to fight, she would get to duel him to the death.
    (red 38 is a very sore looser and needs to settle a little loss to him at any cost)

what the mindbenders were and how they lost isnt really that important right now. the basic is, there are 3 different forms of magic. they all hold in the same source tough. but it seems if you practise one, you can't learn another.
    a major plot spoiler is that you can use all powers at ones. it just takes a very special frame of mind.
    mages are few in both societies. in the druids they are elevated to elite when found, or even married into the royal family. there is a hereditary issue involved, but wild talent does happen.

the glass window represents a tree spirit coming to make contact with humans. its a druid window.
    yeah I like the teddy slayer. and yes, the cat is yawning.

about the last picture. I'm trying to make a spaceship for my travelers (red and what she picks up along the way). I wanted to do a atmosphere shot. a planet. a little diffuse lighting. that kind of stuff.

SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    There is Depth in your story background, you do have a storyteller mindset! I won't bug you with more questions for the moment but expect more questions later
    A green tree spirit, nice. I have a green hamadryad (oak nymph) in one of my comics
    For the planet, have a look at the photo galleries at ESA or NASA. Atmospheres are extremely thin compared to planet sizes, and beyond them there are no lighting effects, just the black of the cosmos and possibly star fading because of local blinding. You might want to make more spaceship sketches before tackling the painting. The current one is rather basic and doesn't bring a feeling about the society that built it.

Thanks
    hi Leo; yeah. that space thing is the ugliest thing I 've made in ages. not sure why I even posted it. but doing a few sketchups from nasa's gallery is a great idea. gonna try that. I didnt think the questions bugged at all ^^ I'm glad you asked.
    and yea, I saw you tree nymp ^^ the one nobody can be bored around right?
    I was wondering what the deal was there. no connections at all to the chartmaker's apprentice?

anyway, I did a little back story -storyboard. this is important stuff so its gonna show up sometime in the story, and wanted to do a quick draft for it. this plays about 12 years before my other storyboard. which I will name 'day of the curse' now, to be able to tell them apart. this is redz 38, as a kid, with her caretaker. its a really sad part :p

Attached Images Attached Images    
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

Thanks
    I realize this is all very very rough -but I hope it makes decent reading anyway... if you can figure the pictures that is.
    well, here is the 2nd part of 'day of revolution'. this part centers on 39, soon to be the emperor.
    hmm guess its time for bed. ugh :p I'll be sorry in the morning, but had to finish this ^^

Thanks
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1227247275

this is amazing kind of technik ! I woud like to see more!:-)

Thanks
    No worry, you didn't see my earlier comment because we were posting roughly at the same time.
    Damn, 3-8 is merciless ^^ but they made her so...
    The storyboard reads reasonably well but I'd like to see a few scenic indications
    or whatever it's called, you know: motion arrows, camera travelings and zoomings, sounds, durations, etc. when needed.
    I suppose all square-angled tags are thought voice-overs with the own voice of the character?
    I have no specific criticisms at the moment, the sequences look fine to me, but let my brain digest and grind and I'll be more critical.

Wild Nymph will be a humoristic comic not connected to the story of Keis the mapmaker but she nevertheless started her existence as a character in his story,
    although not as a simple nymph but as a more powerful being, I'll tell more about her in my thread later on.

Thanks
    @VanDog: thanks for checking out my stuff. I like that one too. its aquared&ink with some post in photo/painter.
    I kinda did these storyboard pages in the same way -tough the balance between analogue&digital shifts a bit.
    @Leo: yeah, that musta been it. 38 isn't really nasty. more like a cat that likes to play with birds. yes its speech balloons and voice-over by the characters in squares. I'll go back and make some clearer scenic directions to the storyboard from before soon; I'd love to have more critz if you think of any ^^

gonna post my storyboard here; well, first few.
    this is the day of the curse, first pages.

Thanks
    ashess..hi

neat work..
    i liked your traditional stuff.. the black panther for instance,,it reminds me of pinnachiolli..
    can you show me more of the hand painted stuff..?
    i think they are more than awesome..
    cool..
    and wats up with the elf-manga style..?

cool anyways..
    keeep visitin my sketchbook again..
    work and take care..

Last edited by animosapien; November 29th, 2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spell check
    There is but one short cut to success...apparently its called Hardwork.

The Great Indian Mythology Character Design Trick - ( please do leave your comments on this sketchbook) http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=142727

Thanks
    @ animo:
    thanks; I'm glad you like them. they're what I used to do sort of. tough that one turned out particulary well. I'm looking for a mix between that and an comic or anime style; something's that's a little easier to read then the real hand pianted. I'm currently experimenting with that mix.

2nd part of the day of the curse:

Thanks
    Yeaeah, I'd been waiting for the rest of 38's intermission since I'd read the beginning on the website
    She's so dynamic that I can't wait to see her animated - but I know I will have to wait quite some time anyway.
    How much time can you devote each week to the project?
    I like the way your coloring is taking, although it seems you'll have to handpaint each frame.
    I still have no detail crit on this storyboard or the revolution day storyboard,
    I just drink the story as it goes, meaning it's good, which is a form of crit.

I've been thinking about setting up some sort of storytellers ring or network here on CA,
    a thread in the sketchbooks or lounge section where people can sign up,
    then add a link to that thread in their signatures.
    It may help comic and animation makers keeping in touch about storyboarding issues.
    Would you be in?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo Ki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hi Leo; ye I love drawing 38. a little bit of madness every time.
    about time; I got time on thursdays and in the weekend. other days sometimes I work a bit in the evening, depending on how tired I am Oo. about 10 to 15 hours a week I guess.
    the handpainted pictures have turned out best ye still working on a decent balance. they take quite a bit of time; but in some ways so does computer coloring.
    I'm glad you like the story. it's a little dry I think; but its just background really. working on a slightly more detailed version now.

EDIT:
    the setting up a storyboardgroup is a WONDERFULL idea! I'm all gonna support that anyway I can!

here's some more of 'the day of the curse' (part 3); sort-of finished pages.
    (I still had them in storage I'm almost to where untill I fihished it. might post the draft versions too though)

Last edited by ashess; November 29th, 2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: forgot..

Thanks
    Your druidic people are lovely and funny at the same time. The angry faces crack me up. ^^
    What is the girl doing with her hands on 15 and 17.jpg? An invocation? Or she's just bored?
    And, the Storyboarding Ring is up! See my sig and click to see the details

Thanks
    :d ye matka particularly is a liiiitle too serious.
    the girl is supposed to be bandaging her hand Oo

and yay! added to sig and gonna reply there

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook