Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 895 Posts
    right so. I guess im just the only1 excited about something like that
    here we go.
    stuff. more heads actually. I'm so close to the end of Loomis's first chapter that I can just taste it.

Name:  Andrew-Loomis---Drawing-The-Head-&-Hands-60b2.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  123.5 KB
    stuff on construction is still bothering me though.
    1- I put my circles in, and I forget the far side of the forehead//cheekbones need to be as long as the close side.
    2- neck/jaw connection. weird stuff there.
    3-outside of the eye-socket connecting to the cheekbone. and the inside running to the nose bridge. putting in plains there feels weird and indeterminable.

ah, and some pieces to finish for my portfolio. gonna actually start the real freelancing 6th of januari. but im trying to get everything in order before.

Name:  dwwwrfs2.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  62.6 KB
    Name:  2staffsf.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  63.5 KB

slapped some pants on that centaur to get it admittable to chow. but now ìm thinking get rid of m and rerender. the older version looked better to me...

Name:  chow340e.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  41.8 KB

failed head mess-up
    Name:  301113.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  79.5 KB
    some studies on the deltoid.
    Name:  30111302.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  39.9 KB

color/light study in children's paints.
    Name:  30111303.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  84.1 KB
    SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,528 Posts

Well let me be the first one to congratulate you on that Cintiq tablet,
    I think that its definitely a right time to bring a sacrificial lamb infront of this awesomeness.
    I would do so if I would possess one. The lamb and a Cintiq both. Your proportions
    surprisingly got better in the last few posts, especially on those head paintings, like
    you had some secret all the time, but you didn’t want to engage it. Now you
    are doing the right things, I also like the pants on that Satyr, and the visible
    huge tool that he possess underneath that. The figure is still too dark, lighten
    it up a bit, too much contrast on it currently, reduce it if you can.
    You are doing masterful deeds, even when you are asleep,
    so keep it up like this, and don’t go too berserk with your newly bought tablet.

Thanks
    thanks pliss. I never saw getting proportions and measurements as a difficult thing. now that im refocussing on it I do see a lot of difficulties. might just be b/c I slacked on it so long. or maybe I didnt notice bf/ oh well.

Name:  041211001.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  71.0 KB
    Name:  041213002.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  69.4 KB
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

Thanks
    These already look a lot better than your average SB page. Very well done! Are you slowing fdown? Concentrating hard?
    Two things I'd like to note:
    a) try to loose the itchy-scratchy short lines you have in some places. Rather draw lightly and beef up the correct line with a more confident stroke afterwards.
    b) Have a second glance at the case? or upper book in the second still life. Do you see that the parallel lines going off towards our right converge in the wrong direction? They should be converging to a VP to the right on the horizon line, but they seem to converge to our left, to some point off the HL. I guess you drew this relying mostly on obersvation and measuring, which is absolutely fine. Knowledge of perspective kicks in whenever something doesn't make sense (e.g. here you've made a measurement or judgment error regarding the angles of the case/ book and your perspective knowledge tells you that).
    Last edited by Benedikt; December 5th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.

Thanks
    hi Benedict! thanks for stopping by. I dont know... dont think any slower then usual. there's a lot of measurements; always in life painting I think. I dont know why exactly. maybe because I feel I cant trust my eyes like I can with fotographs. those are already fixed flattened. so I dont feel the need to recheck the angles so much?
    the book you are referring to is a ds. I had a lot of trouble with it I remember, because the rest shapes on the tile behind it werent adding up. hmmm I keep telling myself I gotto take the time to take a step back and recheck what I got. but I guess I failed to do that here again.

digital1 im thinking the knife blade on the butter knife might be too short looking again now.

Name:  051213.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  15.3 KB

Thanks
    some more from yesterday n today...

1 cut short; kids wanted me in the bath, not next to it drawing :p

Name:  tab.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  15.6 KB

evening, while watching tv. took my time, at least an hour. not really concentrating though.

Name:  051213001.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  58.7 KB

morning on the table. well, a lot of distractions ofc. maybe bc of that I realized the buttercup wasnt entirely closed and slanting pretty late in the game. I tried to show that but not sure I pulled it off.

Name:  061213001.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  70.0 KB

so I got my cintic. its big and awesome as I though... and its working too. I got some problems though. the idea was I was gonna be able to draw standing. but the stand with the table is too low. I can place it a bit higher on a stand, but then it's getting stuck with the shelves, a bit far back and still not high enough for my tastes. thinking of getting a double desk-arm, but it's a lot of tinkering to get it to work with a cintic, and the suppliers wont even give guarantee bc the consider the risks too high. not to mention that it's a pretty expensive thing too. I think I'll start with using my computer to put it on, see if I can make it fit somehow...

Thanks

I see you and your Cintique building up a nice warm friendship pretty soon,
    a big barn burner epic non forgettable digital piece is what’s going to follow.
    You just fix your suitable height and the rock show can begin, there will be
    no obstacle that can stop you from creating the burning miracle. I have to
    repeat that your proportions got boosted up from the last page, it’s something
    like a very pleasant surprise, and an example for the others, how strong
    motivation and dedication can create wonders. I would like to share a decent
    amount of respect, cause of those still life drawings that you did, the
    uncertain question marks are now filled with bold rows of success.
    You should continue bathing the soft jungle leaves under
    the soothing gold yellow moonlight.

Thanks
    thanks pliss!

I think this is the first I really 'spend my time'on though. 1 1/2 and mostly divided to measurements. interestingly enough, a rather large proportion of that went into just getting the basic shpaes right and fitting onto the paper. think I'd have liked some more shadow space in hindsight. maybe put those up in the planning stage too next time.

Name:  071213001.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  57.0 KB

Thanks
    redid the glass bc of circles and it was tooo damn thin.
    also, circle construction on the underside o/t paper.

Name:  071213002.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  65.2 KB

aand. this is gonna be my workspace ^^ the underside is still my desk. I'll have to move the couch to get my 2 steps back, but I'll just have to manage.

Name:  WIN_20131207_213718.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  134.6 KB

Thanks
    another cray busy day, so treated myself on some fun on the couch. about 1h?

Name:  wolfguy.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  37.8 KB

ears, yesterday.

Name:  ear.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  48.2 KB

Thanks

That priceless piece of equipment is finally up on its pedestal, your
    studio is glowing at its brightest. I just wonder what kind of a feeling is
    working on that tablet, just one touch could fulfill one’s wildest dreams.
    The values are better on the wolf masked head. If you decided that your light
    source is from above, then you shouldn’t have such highlights on and under his
    chin and jaw bone. This happy little fellow reminds me on the game ‘Manhunt’
    that I’ve played years back, it’s a pretty little brutal game where you are going
    and killing prisoners on a worse possible way. They were also wearing similar
    masks and lunatic equipment. On this kind of head paintings/drawings I suggest
    that you put the most contrast and darkness on and around the eyes, cause I
    suppose that the eyes are the focal points on most characters and portraits.
    You are doing fine, so just keep up with the good work.

Thanks
    oaahh you got a cintiq XD? damn thats nice. whats also nice, you do a lot of studies! something you can be^proud of. and wow, and it wasnt for nothing, you really have better perspective now. have fun!

Thanks
    Alot of great studies!
    My Sketchbook
    Crits and help of any kind are more than welcome!

Thanks
    Nice stuff, and congratz on the Cintiq!

Thanks
    wow, hey thanks ever1 for stopping by! it really means a lot. feeling a lot less alone now
    ah, this is my firt attempt on the cinitc. 1 problem, I gotto step back more. as for drawing off of the other screen, 1st attempts suck. completely missed the mark on the measurements. prolly b/c of stepping back and measuring too. gotto get those right habits hammered back in. just putting up my measurements first I think. and then step back and recheck... I know how its done. heck, I used to DO it like that. got sloppy I guess.

1st try at the cintic, finished and fixed some on the tablet.

Name:  witch.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  59.9 KB

some perspective studies on the tablet.
    Name:  glasses.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  42.1 KB

1 from yesterday, which my daughter got a hold of bf I could scan it :/ well, it really wasnt that good.
    Name:  091213.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  69.2 KB

Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast