Art Institue San Diego VS Platt College
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art Institue San Diego VS Platt College

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Institue San Diego VS Platt College

Hello.
    I'm not surprised to hear negative feedback from the Art Institute, it seems they're all different and you get what you put into it. But no one has said anything about the San Diego Art Institute. I'm also thinking of Platt College or any other San Diego art school. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check out Watts Atelier up in Encinitas. It's non accredited but the instruction and student body are top notch. Browse around on these forums and you'll see works posted by some of the instructors and students. The school website is www.wattsatelier.com

If the degree is important to you then look elsewhere or at the very least, come in and talk to some of the instructors to get their perspective on things as well as take a look at the drawings and paintings on the wall.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I go to AISD and it's a pretty good school. Refer to my last post in the Alternatives to AI thread. I've also heard nothing but good things about Watts. Just look at the progression of students on the website. I plan to take classes there after AI to further develop my fine art skills

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another thing, if you want to go to AI be sure to take all the general ed classes (english, math, ect) at a community college some where. Taking an english class at an artschool just sucks. You will also save about tens of thousands of dollars but you have to take them before you enroll cause they dont take your transfer credits after that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Watts - Digital Art?

I'm all about digital art, modelling and animation.. Looking at Watts website, it doesn't look like they have any digital art classes..?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ron Lemen, aka FredFlickStone teaches digital painting at Watts. I believe he has nefarious plans to further expand the digital offerings but you'd have to ask him.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everything in art needs a strong base of understanding and thats what watts offers to students. A degree of understanding that i cannot find at any other San Diego school. Even though it is not digital... degital medium requires 2 things.... understanding of the program and the artistic ability gained from life drawing.Plus you got Ron Lemen there slowly turning the school digital...

-dns

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.