tear 'em apart

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: tear 'em apart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

tear 'em apart

please! I'll be spending the next 3 weeks on these six images don't mind the bg's i'll have to take those out--and /any/ comment will be appreciated fully willing to do what i can or need to in order to bring these out to portfolio quality

thanks guys!

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Conceptart SB:My Sketchbook (updated

Deviant Art: I know I shouldn't.

I'll do my best!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try some angles, these are all profile or straight on.

Also, pick one or two for us to pick apart and put the rest in a sketchbook thread.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,487 Times in 3,693 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like the first three, except the second could have her boot in front of the stairs.

The feathered deer – don’t like the stuff on its legs; wrong shade and wrong tone.

Girl with gun – feet don’t match in size.

Motorised bug – the whole body doesn’t seem in line, while the tail appears far forward, but the tip isn’t. Work on the shading of the joints.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't even notice that it had a bird's head until I saw the eye. I thought it was just a deer with a feather mane.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hah--at least that part of the image worked (i was intending for two different views to be taken upon--one being a bird with a weird beak and the other a deer's head with a funny head dress)

Thanks guys--already posted these in my sb as well, but since this is the critque center i thought i'd try to keep it all wrapped up as one project

^o^ i'll post reworks up tomorrow, thanks for the input again

I'll do my best!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rework_Vehicle

Alright--Soo i did a nearly complete revamp on this one--I'm really new to vehicles but I reallly like where this went it already seems more worked out, thought out, detailed and i'm quite happy where it's at for now

I was my own critic at the front part just because it didn't feel very realistic or workable in even a sci fi world--I took both of the wonderful advice given for this piece-- soooo

Thank you so much! both of you!

I'll be posting them as i go n.n' thanks again really i think it looks ten times better than the last one.

Eee

Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll do my best!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Designing mecha and vehicles is usually done by selecting basic shapes and breaking them down, basically sculpting them into refined, unique shapes. You've got too much detail too early. Break it up into 3 pieces - the engine, the seat/tail and the handle/front wheel. You'll notice with most modern bike designs these days the cover on the front tends to also cover the engine, but is seperate from the seat component.

Also, decide whether it will be on wheels or anti-grav. Not both. Removes the effectiveness/senseless design.

Name:  uno motorbike.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  23.9 KBName:  biobike.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  46.3 KB
    Name:  rc30-rf-800.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  149.4 KB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Max Challie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh it's not anti grav sorreh i just thought i'd show the color blocking it--Yes i used reference for the front and i spent all night breaking it into shapes and making sure it looked alright---

If it'd help you i could post up the stages i went through?

As for semi explaining how the thing works--The wheel in the front is really just adding more control and friction with the the forces that drive it--I was thinking rocket propulsion on pointing downwards with enough normal force to keep the end suspended

and then a more heavy duty one at the top of the curve to push the bike forward (this would be controlled by the driver)

Either way! That's the concept, just lemme know if i should post up the stages to show that i did work on basic shapes--or the thumbnail and prelim thumbs .__.'

(not sure if i want to merge the seat and front so uniformly if i use the more 'modern' design of cars at my level i'll just wind up with my first run something that is focusing on the outline instead of what's going on with the metal parts and pieces..and since i'm new to cars i'd figure i'd learn the blocks and then maybe i'll create something sleek when i've improved?? Ya I hope that makes sense.))

Thanks for the reference images and the critique! I'll work harder to pull those shapes out, but i can't take out the wheel or the engines because the concept was to fuse wheel(s) with some sort of propulsion/rocket system

I'll do my best!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,487 Times in 3,693 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The perspective is a lot better. Now it needs to be finished.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would really like to see more in the way of angles in the pieces. Everything feels really static. More dynamic poses that are not straight on, or direct profile shots... More dynamic camera angles... That kinda stuff.

Start a sketchbook thread.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    n.n' I'll really try Bai Fan but i'm not sure if my teacher would allow it for conceptart--From the guidelines it seems like there's a stress on getting the figure or sillhoutte(sp?) nailed down so someone can look at it and say 'bam character' or so on

For the characters especially you've sparked my attention as it's something i've noticed keeps repeating itself with the same views and angles

So I'd like to experiment with the characters to see if i can't get something new

It might be a little while before i update this thread--Uhm there's a really neat opportunity for an internship at my school and so i'm working really hard to get what i have now into a portfolio I just thought i'd let you guys know--I hate having to stay away from painting or drawing but it's necessary for now

Thanks for the support!! I'll get cracking on what you've said Bai and I'm happy that you commented Black Spot--It really helped me out a lot for the car. (Almost finished with it atm)

I'll do my best!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tear 'em apart

This is an image of silhouettes I did for a class. The character's read in silhouette form, but are not all profile or straight on. I think this is what your teacher is looking for.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bai Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah! Thanks Bai Fan! Those are really well worked!!--I'll be starting up conceptart again tonight (after physics and portfolio) Soo i'll use this as a reference to make sure i don't do something too boring! ^o^ Thanks again!

I'll do my best!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.