Sketchbook: Austens Sketch Pad - September 19th 2013 - Page 42
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1300

Thread: Austens Sketch Pad - September 19th 2013

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just dropped in to see what you're working on these days. Love all the concepting for your lady's "avatar" ( i guess you'd call it that ). The giraffe also put a healthy smile on my face.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The eyes of Texas are upon you!! This is a great update. Seems you're loosening up again... stuff's getting funnier and the concepts are better.

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ha Austen, love some of these new updates, and I didnt know you were such a cooking fanatic before, but some of those recipes look great.

No crits from me at all, just keep doing what you´re doing and stopping by to show some support

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ThomasM - I absolutely love to cook, very therapeutic in a way preparing everything just the way you want it, then you devour it! Heheh, thanks a ton dude, i'll drop by asap!
    psage - Thanks dude, i was definitely stagnating for a while, hope to beat it once and for all!
    Jaesun-Alin - Thanks broseph. I show you some new stuff in person come thursday.
    Seeby - Thanks a billion!
    Aresa - Thanks buddy, always happy to see you in here~ I was hoping you'd like the 'naked eye' and the girl, your cartoony work has been a huge inspiration for me when i started getting into more work like that so im pleased to hear your approval of them! I need to do more highligher underlying sketches sometime too, seemed to garner interesting results! Thanks again!!
    walnut - Thats great to hear dude, make me feel like im at least doing something right. Now if i could get back to updating daily then i'd really be swingin'! Thanks for the kind words amigo!

Hey guys, been a while. Sit down and enjoy this delicious fried egg burger while i catch up on scanning things from my recently finished sketchbook. Be back in a bit!

Attached Images Attached Images  

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha, awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YUM! at the thought of seeing your upcoming updates... and burger too, of course!

I'm making mess here: Sketchbook .
    also on dA and blogspot

Cool people:
    Rotor | Kristoff | Kingkostas | Angel Intheuk | bbwolf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AustenFM View Post
    Hey guys, been a while. Sit down and enjoy this delicious fried egg burger while i catch up on scanning things from my recently finished sketchbook. Be back in a bit!
    Thanks a billion for the burger! can't wait for Austen updates

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks MEtalFingers and Witcrack! I hope this doesn't disappoint!

And super surprise thanks to psage who posted while i was updating!

Anyway. Gonna keep this short. Been winding down in school, nearing graduation so i took a break from posting online to focus on portfolio work and so on. Here is a range of stuff thats been keeping me 'busy' lately. First off my girlfriend has an online radio show and i've been drawing posters for her to post around campus/town. She's on from 1-3 pm cst. on Wednesday afternoons, you can tune in at http://coogradio.com, just click the listen button, it's that easy!

The rest on this post is the same 'ol stuff you're probably bored seeing again from me. But these are the last pages of my previous sketchbook, hopefully bigger brighter things in the future with my new book! Hope to share more soon. enjoy!

Last edited by AustenFM; July 16th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WTF! It didn't show up on my email subs! Amazing work dude, as always. I really like how you build your suits, looks so fluid... if that makes any sense, haha.

Anyway, always looking forward to your updates man!

My Sketchbook [ACTUALLY UPDATED!]

I have 800 posts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Kevin! And Chuck, thanks for being so constant, i was browsing though your updated SB and was loving what i saw, will drop a proper comment in there asap!

Nothing big to show here, today is my girlfriends B-Day so i whipped up a card this morning to give her with breakfast. Giraffe on a 'cycle! Also got bored and applied tones to an inked drawing i posted yesterday. Yup.

Last edited by AustenFM; July 20th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, man. You design stickers?! Groovy.
    I'm in love with your style. So much potential.

I think there's a little Gnoll in you, if you know who I mean.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Christoffer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Christoffer - Thanks a ton dude, i know 'the gnoll' quite well actually, and what you said is practically the best compliment i could hope for. He's a big inspiration for me, so thank you! Yeah i make stickers on occasion, but i havent designed much for mass printing or anything like that, just individual slaps to put around town. Glad you dig it! Thanks again~

Starting out my new sketchbook with a round of new anatomical studies since i never actually did any this past year i believe. So i'm making up for it with some quality work, using my gen-u-ine bone-a-fied human skeleton as a base structure in all of them. Will be taking various anatomy sources and drawing my skeleton from all angles as a base to build up muscles upon. I find this works best for me instead of just copying out of books like i see all too often. Hope to knock this out fast so i can get back to drawing strange things.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 467 Posts
    Follows
    Following

20. The Following User Says Thank You to William b. Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fresh as hell, man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice stuff!

NickyBeats is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,962 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hey Austen!! love your new stuff man! you have such a solid understanding of anatomy and proportions that even your most cartoony characters are very beleiveable! and the personality you inject into each one is awesome!!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You two make a....lovely couple.

It's not a bad idea to have your own skeleton.
    I have a dead guy in my freezer, myself.
    I can only bring him out a few minutes at a time though, so I don't really get to study him that often.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah! Awesome, can't wait to see what the future holds for you two.

My Sketchbook [ACTUALLY UPDATED!]

I have 800 posts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even though I don't have much to add I always enjoy seeing updates from you. Your style is solid and serves as good inspiration. Nice with them skulls, if anything nasal hole thing is a bit big.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chuck18mp - Thanks bro, before too long we hope to hear the pitter patter of little skeletal feet across the floor, yes, skeleton babies!
    Christoffer - Well hey, if it ends up thawing out too much you can always cook and eat it!
    NickyBeats - Thanks a billion man, im a stickler for proportions and balance, though i think it gets in my way sometimes since i nitpick too long on certain areas. Glad you like it though!
    el eiko one - Thanks
    Rotor - Fresh off the vine! Thanks man~
    William b. Hand - Not enough groping if you ask me...!
    AimBiz - Hey, you snuck that comment in as i was updating! Sneaky Sneaky~ Thanks for the kind words dude! I see what you're saying about the nasal cavity, though my reference skeleton has a pretty big schnoz as well

Hey guys, meant to upload this before my anatomy studies. This is something I've been working on since I completed my last sketchbook. I took my new book to the post office to use the digital scale to get an accurate weight of the blank book. Then once I finished every page (front and back of course) I took the book back to the post office for a final weigh-in to see how much the book has put on in terms of ink,graphite,glue, inserts, and even just overall grime and gunk from being handled so much (ew!).

My first attempt with a small sketchbook barely garnered an ounce of additional weight (you can check it out here --> http://fav.me/d4d83nm ). But this past sketchbook did much better!

Start Weight : 2lb 4.5oz

End Weight : 2lb 6.5oz

Hell yeah! 2 whole ounces of love, work and sweat. You can see how the old book is ballooned compared to the newest. Also, both of these sketchbooks have been personally re-bound myself to make them into something sturdy (these fuckers like to fall apart) and unique that no-one else probably has. My first book was done up in ground beef, and this time I chose to make a homage cover to one of my favorite shows, Twin Peaks. Mocked up the zig-zags in illustrator and printed them off on 11x17 inch paper, a few sheets were perfect to line the inside and outside of the book.

Sorry for no art update, but i thought it was an interesting experiment. With my new book i'm gunning for at least 3oz, wish me luck!

Last edited by AustenFM; July 26th, 2012 at 11:01 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    badass dude!!!

weird to see my name pushed around in here, i assure you that you are an inspiration to me too, the love your show to your sketchbooks is something i envy!
    I'm really eager to collaborate with you on something (lets do iiiiiitttt!!!!!!), and also can't wait to see your new portfolio material.

Just as a nitpick/suggestion regarding the mole character.I think its a good idea to think of a hierarchy of "design elements" in a character, especially when going the cartoony route.You did adjust the pose on this one but i feel like you coudn't decide if you wanted to focus more on his giant backpack or on his taser-gun.In the first case i would have drawn the thing on his back even bigger and made him lean forward (as you did), but in the second case i would have made his torso lean back to show him trying to find some balance (its a really small nitpicking, and the piece itself is as cool as all the rest).Something similar could be said about the grveyard radio poster- almost all elements have the same "weight" in composition, so instead on moving through the picture the eyes fiddles around in indecision...hope this rambling makes some sense.

keep in touch bro!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGnoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Austen, i just wanted to say that i looked through your entire sketchbook there this week and i am amazed and inspired by it, i love your style and imagination in your drawing and doodles, and you have an excellent sense of humor, especially when it comes to drawing zombies!

The inspiration is the important part, i have been drawing since i was a kid, and i did a portfolio course back in 2010 for a fine arts degree, I did get the course, however i ended up choosing to study English and history. I didn't have many ideas or inspiration for drawing for about a year and a half, a bad bit of mental block, until now, and your sketchbook was one of the main ones i came across in the forum that gave me the inspiration to get back into it again! I just wanted to say thanks for inspiring me, and i hope you keep up the great work!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to i_Imperator For This Useful Post:

ThomasM is offline Artist in training.... Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    YES AUSTEN those sketchbooks are great. I just checked out your recent updates and theyre immenes. The giraffe on the motorcycle made me laugh, I think I might do something similar for a friend (the idea I mean) soon. Oh, actually I just remembered the mole character - great linework I've just changed my mind.

That fried egg burger looks great too. Is it pure digital?

The idea of creating your own stickers seems great, and I think everyone on here loves the ones you make. If I were to have a go (I brew my own wine and I'm always thinking about designing a label), where should I start? I mean other than the design? Can you buy paper for a normal printer that also sticks?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing this new sketchbook and some more food-based design!

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Super pumped to see what you and TheGnoll come up with.

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    p sage - Me too dude, its definitely gonna be an exciting experince working with one of my big inspirations for sure, here's to awesome things in the future!
    ThomasM - Hey man! thanks for the kind words~ For that burger, the lines are 100% tradition nib and ink, i dont think i did much in photoshop other than minor warping to make everything as symetrical as possible(mainly the top and bottom bun). Pleased to hear you think its digital though, i try and keep my lines nice and clean. As for the stickers, yes, it's available in whole blank sheets 8.5x11 inches (perfect for a home printer) and possibly even bigger! I was lucky enough to find a big ream of it being thrown away at my school and i've been using it for a few years now. It's not the cheapest stuff but you're bound to find a deal on ebay. Awesome to hear you brew wine as well, i've been interested in something like that myself for a while now! It would definitely be fun to design your own labels, i'll be eager to see whatever you come up with! If you've got questions feel feel to ask! Thanks again dude!~
    i_Imperator - Hey amigo, always great hear hear from someone whos trudged through this whole book, and thanks a billion for the kind words! It means a lot to hear my work has been some kind of inspiration to you, i get so much inspiration from this community it's great to hear it said of my humble scribbles. Thanks again for the favorable words, i hope you keep up your fire for drawing!
    TheGnoll - howdy brother, always great to see your icon in here~ Thanks for dropping by! you're totally right about that mole, i was on the fence about a lot of it and ended up rusing into it a bit, thanks for those points though, i'll definitely have that in mind in the future when i need to showcase something like that. As for that poster, you're right about that too, its probably because i made each element separately and arranged them in photoshop, so a disconnect was bound to happen, good the hear it from someone else! Thanks for droppin' by again, i caught your email last night and i'll be zapping you a reply asap! Stay cool!

Waugh! Been busy lately, nearing graduation from my 'university' so i havent had much time to scan. But you can be sure i've been up to a lot! For now here's some scans of my recent round of anatomy studies. For these i used a great book called 'An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists' by Fritz Schider . I've been using this book for a few years now with great results, but at this point these studies have become more repetition than learning. So i'm retiring this book(though still highly recommending it) in lieu of something new to study in the future, more life drawing would be a definite plus as well.

Anyway, heres all that mess. Got a lot more to share over the next few days(no more of this boring ol' anatomy stuff), including a new 6-page comic! So stay tuned dear viewers!

Last edited by AustenFM; August 27th, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Them soft meats" XD

Cool! The Houdon "Flayed Figure", ala Zaleski! (The first drawing). Cool studies, good luck on the 'graduation'

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just another stop by from me. Love your stuff. Those muscles are looking fantastic man. You know i'm a fan for life.

J: Don't call my escorts hookers.
    B: Mom's still got it!
    J: I don't date whores!
    L: This objectification of women has to stop!
    M: It's just mom and whores...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So THAT'S why onions smell so bad. Delightful cadre of sketches, as usual.

Visit my just a tad bit strange sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=224247

My comic "Miss Doomsday" (here on CA): http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223608

My comic "Opey the Warhead" (also here on CA):
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=130842

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zaccrockett- It's a delightful funk. Thanks dude!
    NakedZergling - Always happy to see ya drop by, thanks man!
    p sage- Heheh, softmeats~! Thanks dude, i'm eager to be done with my shithole school asap.

Here's a couple quick cards i made for birthdays, mainly posting these to get to the page break. It bugs me when i post something neat only to have it lost to a new page. So ima save my big posts for page 43, yes...

Last edited by AustenFM; August 28th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AustenFM For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 35